Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Favorite Pre-Workout Supplement?

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
Seriously though. Is there a diff between prework out supps designed for men and those designed for women?

O

oceanside78

Apr 11, 2014
Been taking a few different one and C4 is the strongest I've found an it still doesn't do much.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Pre workout supps are equal with men and women.
I like c4.
Black stone labs angel dust was good as well but a bit to much for me

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
This guy did a really good write up on his opinion of the top 10 pre-workout drinks. ht tp://forums.prosportsdaily.c om/showthread.php?619668-Top-10-Pre-Workout-Supps (remove spaces). That list will no doubt vary in order depending on your specific body reaction. But I think he got most of the good ones in there. I'm currently taking Muscle Pharm Assault with good results. Betancourt Nutrition Bullnox Androrush was the strongest I have tried but it didn't set well with my body so I returned it - it made me feel like I was on clenbuterol - and that was too strong for me.

"1. GAINS – Did I increase my strength and size from using it?
2. PUMP – How amped up and ready to hit it did I feel from one serving?
3. FOCUS – Was I mentally dialed in while training?
4. TASTE/MIX – Was the taste enjoyable and does it mix well ?
5. COST - Is it the best price per serving?

*This list will often change due to new pre workout supplements hitting the market so check back often for revisions and updates.
**All supplements are gauged based on 5 categories from 0-10
with 0 being the lowest rating, and 10 being the highest rating**

top10

#1 – Muscle Pharm Assault

“There’s some good buzz going on about Muscle Pharm’s Assault and for good reason. The main ingredients are creatine, Nitric Oxide, and energy stimulants combine and blend perfectly with the end result of a great pre workout supplement that gets me focused and keeps me going strong like a race horse all through my workout and even after im finished lifting and working out! There’s only 1 gm of sugar per serving so there is no unnecessary calories to take in. The pump amazing and you can clearly feel the Pyru Glutamic Acid working because after about 15 minutes or so, I start to fell confident and mentally focused, ready to tackle my workouts. You get 2.6 pounds which will last you about 25 days so not exactly 30 days but for those 25, you’ll have a hell of a workout. After I finished my first tub of Assault, I was considerably stronger, thicker, and leaner in a shorter time than compared to all the other pre workout supplements ive taken, even Jack3d… ”

#2 -Betancourt Nutrition Bullnox Androrush

“Betancourt Nutrition Bullnox Androrush really surprised me and really shouldn’t be underestimated. Assault for me was better as far as taste and pump but not by much. The Di-creatine Malate allows for more bio-availability of creatine and absorbs quicker into your muscles than creatine monohydrate. The energy was very good and lasted for as long as any other concentrate formula such as Hemo Rage Ultra, but the muscle gains were even better. I felt really strong when I was taking Bullnox. The weights seemed to feel lighter than they actually where and I had a great pump that left me feeling very vascular and swelled. This is the only pre workout supplement that ive seen that comes in “chewies” which is kinda weird, but I guess it makes sense if your in a rush or cant mix up a drink. Over-all this pre workout supplement delivers as promised and really opened my eyes and surprised me. Bullnox Androrush for me was the dark-horse of the line-up and has ended up landing in the runner up position.”

#3 – iSatori Morph MegaDrive

“iSatori’s Morph MegaDrive is a new pre workout supplement that has got a great blend of muscle building ingredients coupled with a great energy blend that when combined together, form a very complete pre workout supplement that not only taste great, but iSatori also is offering a free mixer to boot. Combining 3 forms of Creatine (Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine AKG, Di-Creatine Malate) along with Arginine AKG (NO pre curser),beta alananie, and niacin, this supplement wins high marks for energy and pump, but not so much to beat out Assault and Bullnox. Where Morph M.D. scored perfect was in the taste and value category, earning it a very respectable second place. Give this one a shot and let me know what YOU think of it. Im not taking anything away from this product, but for me the other 2 were just a bit stronger as far as over-all muscle building ability.”

#4 – Cellucor c4 Extreme

“C4 Extreme by Cellucor is one of my favorite pre workout supplements because to get a Cellucor supplement for $25 (bodybuilding.com) is such a great deal that you would have to be crazy not to try it. I was part of the beta testing group for Cellucor when they first introduced it to the public in January of 2011 so I was very excited to get my hands on it. I took 2 weeks off of taking any stimulants before trying it so I could get the full effect. The taste is great, just like fruit punch Gatorade and the energy was so clean and steady that you don’t really believe that your taking a stimulant to begin with. The pump was great and the NO3 had me pumped up and dialed into my workout routine every time I took it. This is a supplement meant to compete with Jack3d and in my opinion is better. This is a great pre workout supplement for the value. You gotta try this one, its a home run every time.”

#5 – USPlabs Jack3d

“Jack3d is great pre workout supplement to take and is very similar to c4 Extreme, but got edged out in the competition because c4 has got the new No3 technology. Aside from that, the taste of is good and mixes well. When I first tried this product I noticed a tingling sensation to go along with a great pump that took me all the way through my workouts. During one of my workouts, I took it 15 minutes before I hit the gym and I felt it in 1o! I did legs and stomach and I was hell bent on tearing up the squat rack. I knocked out 5 sets of squats and my whole body was pounding. I was ready for more so I hit the leg press and I was equally pleased at how focused I was as well as how long my endurance lasted. Legs is usually a weak spot for me so when I finished my entire workout in about 1 hour 15 minutes about 20 minutes ahead of schedule I was surprised. The only down side is that you run through the container fast and you’ve got to buy more to complete a 30 day cycle.”

#6 -Nutrex HEMO-RAGE Black Ultra

“Nutrex has been in the supplement game for quite some time and they are constantly upping the anti on their supplements. Hemo Rage first hit the seen about a year ago and was a good product, but couldn’t compete with the big boys because of the crash and stomach aches that people where complaining about. Now, with the new and improved Hemo Rage Ultra Concentrate, Nutrex is proving once again to be a front runner in the pre workout category with this ultra potent formula that will set your *** on fire. Many people will often supplement their pre workout supplement with a fat burner or something else that contains stimulants. DO NOT take any other stimulants with this stuff. It is quite strong and should give you all the energy you need. In fact, this stuff can turbo charge an elephant! Aside from the fact that it is a strong energy formula, lets not forget that Hemo Rage U.C also contains Nitric Oxide in the form of L Arginine and Creatine Monohydrate. This is a supplement for people who always say, “I cant feel it working…” or “My tolerance is really high and I need something strong”. Well my friends, here it is. A pre workout supplement so strong you can power half a city block.”

#7 – VPX Anarchy

“VPX Anarchy is a really good pre workout supplement because it is DIFFERENT from other pre workout supplements whereas most other one’s emphasis energy and muscle gain, but with Anarchy the supplement focuses on a “rapid resynthesis of the body’s energy currency, adenosine triphosphate or ATP” and also increase Creatine absorption into the muscles while melting away fat. This is a great product for people who have 20-30 lbs. of fat that they want to shed in order to get ripped fast. This is a great supplement to start with when you are just coming back on the weight lifting scene and need to look good – fast. Since this is a newer product, not to many people know about it, but trust me soon, many will.”

#8 – BP Sports 1.M.R

“BP Sports has come out with a new pre workout formula called 1 M. R. (1 More Rep.), a concentrated pre workout supplement that contains all of the various pre workout staples such as L-Arginine Alpha Ketogluterate (Nitric Oxide), Creatine Monohydrate, Niacin, and yes, lots of caffeine – 300m.g. per serving (1 scoop) to be exact. The taste could be a bit better although it wasn’t terrible either, but quickly forgot about that once I felt the stims hit me. In about 20 minutes I went from felling a bit on the sluggish side to lifting like crazy for 2 hours. This is a decent product and if you happen to pick some up you won’t be disappointed because you got the essentials here, but nothing more. It’s priced good at about $32 for 28 servings.”

#9 – Gaspari Nutrition Superpump Max

“Having tremendous success in the past with Superpump250, Superpump Max was just recently released and the reviews have been mixed to say the least. The most predominant criticism about Max is that the energy level and pump are less noticeable then with Superpump250. While ill agree with the criticism, you’ve got to keep in mind that this was intentionally done and is by no way a mistake on the part of Gaspari Nutrition. They wanted to emphasis the muscle growth properties of the product and not high amounts of caffeine. This is a good philosophy to follow and they get no argument from me. The problem I think with this situation is that when you carry the name Superpump which has been classically know as a potent pre workout sup., to add the word Max on the end, one would naturally think that this would imply that it was even stronger than its predictor. Not at all a bad product and the muscle building properties are solid, I just think that the name was some what misleading.”

#10 – BSN NO Xplode

“NO Xplode was the first pre workout supplement that I ever tried and was probably the reason why I got hooked on taking them. I remember the great surges in energy which were great, but I also remembering crashing and sometimes getting an upset stomach (usually after eating a lot of food). After I finished up the tube I had, I was of to trying some others. That was 4 years ago. Today, BSN has revamped its formula with their AVPT (Advanced Volumizing & Performance Technology) Mult-Action Matrix proprietary blend. It is mainly comprised of various creatine analogs that assist in muscle cell volumization by making the creatine more easily absorbed and used by the body, thus increasing the speed at which you add muscle to your frame. I really liked the new product. I could deffinetly feel the L Arginine working as well as noticing my strength increasing. NO Xplode is a solid product and for the price, you get your money’s worth."

BikiniBeast

BikiniBeast

TID Lady Member
Apr 10, 2014
I love Hyde V2 by ProSupps stacked with N03 Drive. The new White Heat by VPX stacked with Con-Cret is pretty solid, too.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I've started using friction by VPX and love it

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I drink coffee now. No pre workouts in a long time

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
I have tried them all and now prefer coffee and clenbuteral or albuteral... with 2-4iu gh pre and post workout on leg day

D

dradnitzer

Apr 22, 2014
Been taking Cellucor's C4 for about 6 months now, I prolly should switch it up but still getting good energy from it.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I'm currently enjoying pro supps Mr Hyde and neon sports volt. Vpx friction is decent as well

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I'm currently enjoying pro supps Mr Hyde and neon sports volt. Vpx friction is decent as well

The ingredient lineup looks good in the MR Hyde. How you liking it woody? I loved volt, agmatine is am amazing ingredient. I'd like to try the superpump 3.0

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Nothing beats ECA. The best pre-workout supplement out there imho.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic