What's New?

dr. jim vs kjetil1234

Status
Not open for further replies.
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I'm not getting into a pissing match with you, I simply started a new thread to not block up 3 pages of stuff no one is going to read besides the 2 of you for the most part. No one deleted anything and you are thinking people make it through most of your posts and don't stop a few sentences in....
Carry on.

-----
That's incredibly presumptuous of you LK. Why do you believe people are not interested in debating what is or not relevant in the literature regarding the use of ICE or NSAIDS. Your projection tells the real story.

Where is YOUR POST and MY REPLY where you mandate K and I flex our "scientific DICKS in our own thread"?

BS, while I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
I'm not getting into a pissing match with you, I simply started a new thread to not block up 3 pages of stuff no one is going to read besides the 2 of you for the most part. No one deleted anything and you are thinking people make it through most of your posts and don't stop a few sentences in....
Carry on.

Speak for yourself. There are many of us who prefer and appreciate Jim's evidence based posts over those of the "bros" that like to play internet doctor but wouldn't know the difference between a peer-reviewed journal and some horseshit opinion piece by a meathead. While I fully understand that not everyone has the aptitude or education to understand journal articles and the statistics, I find it unfortunate that Mugzy's choice in moderators (some) aren't more accommodating towards it.

I also find it unfortunate that while you profess to be against what you call "pissing matches" - a debate of ideas everywhere else - you still manage to take your potshots about "copy and pasting" at a highly educated member that is giving his valuable time to the members of this forum on a pro bono basis.

Dr Jim is right about one thing. TID is at risk of becoming a sterile environment because the forced civility and moderators discouraging vigorous debate over advice in threads where advice is being given to OP's is stifling almost all creative and innovative thought on this forum. If that's the kind of forum you want, fine. But you better be prepared to have a forum with the same old members re-posting and rehashing the same old "cut and paste" opinions pieces and poorly researched articles that are available on every other run-of-the-mill strength training forum on the net because boring forums don't attract many new members. One would think TID would want more than that.

Regards

CBS

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
To be clear . My problem is not educated opinions being thrown out.
My problem steering of the op topic into a debate. You two can debate I'm sure there is some good stuff being learned.
But when someone asks an opinion in a shoulder sleeve that is what they want.
Too many times it goes into a debate and frankly the post gets lost in the sea of debate and articles.

--------
Yep and isn't that what threads are supposed to do EVENTUALLY, develop their own self sustaining purpose. I mean there is only so much one can say about a "shoulder sleeve" besides the original post is always reflected in the threads name and in the OPs initial comments.

However I'll also be the first to admit on occasion the subject matter can deviate into one of interpersonal conflict and that's obviously destructive.

So a member logs onto TID and views the thread "Jim vs K" now how is that relevant to ANYONE? Yup I promise no one will be interested in viewing a thread deliberately crafted to reflect interpersonal conflict, rather than it's supposed intent, a discussion on RICE?

Finally I hope the TID moderators understand I'm not the only one whom has noticed the deletion of posts, sentences etc which is why some refer to it as being "sterile".

Regs
Jim

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I'm am going to disagree jim very little is deleted here

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Speak for yourself. There are many of us who prefer and appreciate Jim's evidence based posts over those of the "bros" that like to play internet doctor but wouldn't know the difference between a peer-reviewed journal and some horseshit opinion piece by a meathead. While I fully understand that not everyone has the aptitude or education to understand journal articles and the statistics, I find it unfortunate that Mugzy's choice in moderators (some) aren't more accommodating towards it.

I also find it unfortunate that while you profess to be against what you call "pissing matches" - a debate of ideas everywhere else - you still manage to take your potshots about "copy and pasting" at a highly educated member that is giving his valuable time to the members of this forum on a pro bono basis.

Dr Jim is right about one thing. TID is at risk of becoming a sterile environment because the forced civility and moderators discouraging vigorous debate over advice in threads where advice is being given to OP's is stifling almost all creative and innovative thought on this forum. If that's the kind of forum you want, fine. But you better be prepared to have a forum with the same old members re-posting and rehashing the same old "cut and paste" opinions pieces and poorly researched articles that are available on every other run-of-the-mill strength training forum on the net because boring forums don't attract many new members. One would think TID would want more than that.

Regards

CBS

Now see, I like Jim but you're DEAD wrong on this. There's absolutely no censoring on this board. Did you guys happen to notice YOU'RE POSTING IN THIS SUPPOSED DELETED THREAD??!! TID is the best ran board I've seen , we're pretty much left alone unless shit gets totally out of hand. And these are the best Mods and Admin period. Don't even start that shit here because NO ONE here is buying it

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
--////

Regards

CBS

-/---//////69999@;($&@
Crap why couldn't I have said it that way, hmm quick delete that shit for my re-write and re-post. Sorry CBS :)

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
Now see, I like Jim but you're DEAD wrong on this. There's absolutely no censoring on this board. Did you guys happen to notice YOU'RE POSTING IN THIS SUPPOSED DELETED THREAD??!! TID is the best ran board I've seen , we're pretty much left alone unless shit gets totally out of hand. And these are the best Mods and Admin period. Don't even start that shit here because NO ONE here is buying it

Where did I say ANYTHING about censorship? And where am I dead wrong? Be specific.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

---------
GM please fella I KNOW what I wrote in response to LKs post. That post and my reply was unequivocally deleted and if it's anywhere on TID it's in file nineteen where no one may read or view it.

Did you see my reply to your posting "what did I miss"? Yep it was deleted also mate probably because I mentioned censorship and my belief the reason for said censorship was not so much the "message but rather the messenger".

I have absolutely no reason to make this shit up GM, why on a Gods green earth would I do that?

Best
Jim

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Where did I say ANYTHING about censorship? And where am I dead wrong? Be specific.

Quick question. Why do you only pop up and post when its Dr Jim? You seem to only come to his defense, never posting on your own.

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
Quick question. Why do you only pop up and post when its Dr Jim? You seem to only come to his defense, never posting on your own.

You better search my post history a little harder.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Settle this easily - If your posting something you think may be deleted/censored/etc, I urge you to take a screenshot. If it's deleted and a reasonable comment then I'll be the most vocal mother f$!*er you ever met on your side but my honest belief is that the staff here are good, they delete very little. I have had my personal run in's with staff, direct confrontation and have even had to put admin in a hard position and turn up the heat in the past but I'll give them this, never once did they use their status or privileged against me, TID is one of the very few forums where a staff title dictates what it should, that the user works hard for the community with little thanks instead in most forums its a badge to say they're better than others. I've also seen this same attitude reflected to many others not just me

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.