What's New?

Dosing of GH

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have never tried GH in the morning.
Is there a timing issue? Before meals?
I did try dosing 3 times a day with log when just starting out but most of the time was pwo when I felt the body was primed to suck everything up.
If you are doing it in the morning, you just want to make sure to get it in a couple hours before your first meal unless you are also taking insulin. That was always my problem with taking it in the morning. If I am going to hit the gym at 5 am then I am going to get my first meal in at 4 am. There is no freaking way I am waking up at 2 am to take a couple iu of GH. Now I have to start weighing the benefits of the GH to the adverse effects of less sleep. Now, if I am just doing fasted cardio at 5 am then I would just take the GH about 30 minutes before fasted cardio. No issues.

Since I retired and can go to the gym whenever I want, taking GH in the morning is a lot easier.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Yeah, definitely works better if you workout in the evening so you can eat your carbs around workout. You can still workout in am with just protein and fats but your strength will be affected. As long as you’re still filling your glycogen stores at some point in the day it’s not that bad. Insulin spikes from carbs will blunt some of the increased lipolysis from the hgh but not all of it from my understanding. Could always take an oral like Anavar or dbol to make up for the strength decrease. A little intra carbs, like 25 grams shouldn’t affect lipolysis too much either imo, if you need it. Maybe start with some eggs and cheese an hour preworkout after your hgh inject. Then a little intra or postworkout carbs to help replenish glycogen stores and maintain a low carb diet. Should be able to get lean quickly without starving yourself. At least be able to get to 10% that way. That’s my plan when my hgh arrives. Im cruising on just trt right now so no orals for me. That and I have a fatty liver. Hoping the hgh will help with that. Maybe I’ll start a log. Just hate starting logs now because it’s bad luck. Every board I start one it goes bye bye. And I mean every one! Like 5 now! It’s not just coincidence. It’s a curse! Lol.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
If I’m running insulin I like taking insulin (log or regular) preworkout and then my hgh postworkout. When bulking of course. Then prebed on non training days. I should also mention that when I take it first thing in the morning when I’m cutting it’s no more than 2ius. From what I remember a higher dose will not increase lipolysis noticeably higher. You could say it’s the saturation dose for lipolysis basically. However if I were using more than 2ius a day and cutting I would absolutely split the dose up! To keep lipolysis increased more hours in a day. But no more than 2ius at a time. Reason I like it first thing in morning is because it’s before I am the most active and will be more likely to use the fats freed up by the hgh. If I had a desk job I certainly wouldn’t want to take my hgh before work. If trying to lose bodyfat with it. I would space my injections at least 4 hours apart. 6 hours even better but the idea is to take it before your the most active in the day to use those freed fatty acids for energy. Is my best understanding.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, definitely works better if you workout in the evening so you can eat your carbs around workout. You can still workout in am with just protein and fats but your strength will be affected. As long as you’re still filling your glycogen stores at some point in the day it’s not that bad. Insulin spikes from carbs will blunt some of the increased lipolysis from the hgh but not all of it from my understanding. Could always take an oral like Anavar or dbol to make up for the strength decrease. A little intra carbs, like 25 grams shouldn’t affect lipolysis too much either imo, if you need it. Maybe start with some eggs and cheese an hour preworkout after your hgh inject. Then a little intra or postworkout carbs to help replenish glycogen stores and maintain a low carb diet. Should be able to get lean quickly without starving yourself. At least be able to get to 10% that way. That’s my plan when my hgh arrives. Im cruising on just trt right now so no orals for me. That and I have a fatty liver. Hoping the hgh will help with that. Maybe I’ll start a log. Just hate starting logs now because it’s bad luck. Every board I start one it goes bye bye. And I mean every one! Like 5 now! It’s not just coincidence. It’s a curse! Lol.
Some can get to 10% on 600 grams of carbs a day and others struggle to get there on 100 grams of carbs a day. I have to go to around 50-60 grams on non-training days (x3 per week) and 200-250 grams on training days (4x a week). This includes doing cardio 7 days a week. On my non-training days I do cardio twice a day. I wouldn't say I am starving myself, but based on my level of activity to calories in, I have to starve myself.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
If I’m running insulin I like taking insulin (log or regular) preworkout and then my hgh postworkout. When bulking of course. Then prebed on non training days. I should also mention that when I take it first thing in the morning when I’m cutting it’s no more than 2ius. From what I remember a higher dose will not increase lipolysis noticeably higher. You could say it’s the saturation dose for lipolysis basically. However if I were using more than 2ius a day and cutting I would absolutely split the dose up! To keep lipolysis increased more hours in a day. Reason I like it first thing in morning is because it’s before I am the most active and will be more likely to use the fats freed up by the hgh. If I had a desk job I certainly wouldn’t want to take my hgh before work. If trying to lose bodyfat with it. I would space my injections at least 4 hours apart. 6 hours even better but the idea is to take it before your the most active in the day to use those freed fatty acids for energy. Is my best understanding.
John Jewett, Todd Lee, Kurt Havens, Scott Stevenson, etc... say the lipolysis maxes out around 1.5 iu. You could take it multiple times a day and try to induce higher lypolysis, but you would also have to space your meals out as well, so you are not injecting a couple hours before or after meals. This is a no go for me. The longest I go between meals is 3 hours and that is pushing it.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
John Jewett, Todd Lee, Kurt Havens, Scott Stevenson, etc... say the lipolysis maxes out around 1.5 iu. You could take it multiple times a day and try to induce higher lypolysis, but you would also have to space your meals out as well, so you are not injecting a couple hours before or after meals. This is a no go for me. The longest I go between meals is 3 hours and that is pushing it.
Yep yep! Assuming your hgh is good quality. I shoot for 2ius just to be on safe side and it’s easier to measure. Couldn’t you get away with it on your non training days where carbs are very low? I wouldn’t think that little carbs would affect lipolysis.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yep yep! Assuming your hgh is good quality. I shoot for 2ius just to be on safe side and it’s easier to measure. Couldn’t you get away with it on your non training days where carbs are very low? I wouldn’t think that little carbs would affect lipolysis.
It is all blood sugar dependent. Some people can eat 200 grams of carbs and a few hours later their glucose levels are below 100, while others might only eat protein and fat with trace carbs and they are still sitting above 120. There are so many factors that affect this (liver health, insulin sensitivity/production, glycogen stores, activity, etc...), the only way to tell is by testing your glucose levels. If you are still elevated, don't shoot the GH if lipolysis is the goal.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
If you are doing it in the morning, you just want to make sure to get it in a couple hours before your first meal unless you are also taking insulin. That was always my problem with taking it in the morning. If I am going to hit the gym at 5 am then I am going to get my first meal in at 4 am. There is no freaking way I am waking up at 2 am to take a couple iu of GH. Now I have to start weighing the benefits of the GH to the adverse effects of less sleep. Now, if I am just doing fasted cardio at 5 am then I would just take the GH about 30 minutes before fasted cardio. No issues.

Since I retired and can go to the gym whenever I want, taking GH in the morning is a lot easier.
God bless you for mentioning sleep... VERY underrated in many aspects of health (VERY important for our cognition when we're older as when we sleep, the brain basically "expels" toxins from the day, can make you more prone to dementia, Alzheimer's etc), but as you obviously know very important for anabolism and keeping cortisol normal.... what did Stan Efferding say? Something like "Cutting your sleep short just to train is like stepping over dollars to pick up dimes."

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
God bless you for mentioning sleep... VERY underrated in many aspects of health (VERY important for our cognition when we're older as when we sleep, the brain basically "expels" toxins from the day, can make you more prone to dementia, Alzheimer's etc), but as you obviously know very important for anabolism and keeping cortisol normal.... what did Stan Efferding say? Something like "Cutting your sleep short just to train is like stepping over dollars to pick up dimes."

Absolutely brother. I recently had a prospective client reach out to me to coach her contest prep. When I asked her how much sleep she was getting, she said 2-3 hours a night. I gave her a bunch of ideas to improve her sleep then told her to contact me back when she was getting 7-8 hours, as I would not waste her time and I don't want her wasting mine. She offered to pay me over my asking price, I still said, no, and told her if another coach works with her knowing she isn't willing to improve her sleep, that coach is a POS.

I know the girl and she has already gone through three coaches this year...

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Absolutely brother. I recently had a prospective client reach out to me to coach her contest prep. When I asked her how much sleep she was getting, she said 2-3 hours a night. I gave her a bunch of ideas to improve her sleep then told her to contact me back when she was getting 7-8 hours, as I would not waste her time and I don't want her wasting mine. She offered to pay me over my asking price, I still said, no, and told her if another coach works with her knowing she isn't willing to improve her sleep, that coach is a POS.

I know the girl and she has already gone through three coaches this year...
Character.... respect.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic