Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

done with the new psych meds.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Yeah Zoloft is pretty safe to come off of for an SSRI if I'm not mistaken. Prozac actually has a much longer half life so it creates an auto-taper where you don't have withdrawals. Some SSRI's have brutal withdrawals though (Paxil for example). I can't take SSRI's at all because they'll put me right into a manic state and I won't sleep for days and days on end. That and, although they don't cause erectile dysfunction for me, they make it absolutely impossible for me to have an orgasm. They just aren't worth that kind of side effect.

Give the ketamine infusions some thought though. Let me know if you have any questions about them. And don't opt for the nasal ketamine spray. There's not any good evidence that shit even works. I could be wrong about that.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Hey @TheClap, how long do the infusions last? How many mg of ketamine do you get? Is someone with you, like a guide? Or are you just left in a plain room to go thru your thoughts? It’s just interesting to me. That and can think of a family member it could help.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
as intelligent as think I am a pretty fucking stupid for thinking that they couldn't fuck up something as simple as this. At the very least you think the pharmacy would have raised some red flags
I always have to check web md since 2008 when they had me on blood thinners and I got cellulitis in my leg after stepping on a nail. They put me on an antibiotic and it cross reacted and thinned my blood which pooled up in my left thigh. I didn't know it at the time but it was a hematoma. Went to the ER told me I had a blood clot and sent me to a room. End up in the hospital for 2 weeks as they ended up poking the hematoma to pull a sample for infection and it bled out into my nuts which were the size of elephant balls. Still wouldn't tell me anything until I got a lawyer involved. I went through so much pain with mri and scans . My left thigh had swollen to 36 inches and very pain full and those dumbasses straped my thighs together for the scans . Throbbed for hours inside a tube. I can't imagine how incompetent they are now to back in the day 16 years ago.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I always have to check web md since 2008 when they had me on blood thinners and I got cellulitis in my leg after stepping on a nail. They put me on an antibiotic and it cross reacted and thinned my blood which pooled up in my left thigh. I didn't know it at the time but it was a hematoma. Went to the ER told me I had a blood clot and sent me to a room. End up in the hospital for 2 weeks as they ended up poking the hematoma to pull a sample for infection and it bled out into my nuts which were the size of elephant balls. Still wouldn't tell me anything until I got a lawyer involved. I went through so much pain with mri and scans . My left thigh had swollen to 36 inches and very pain full and those dumbasses straped my thighs together for the scans . Throbbed for hours inside a tube. I can't imagine how incompetent they are now to back in the day 16 years ago.
Minus the primary care and psych departments, every specialty doctor I've seen has been contracted through One of the larger hospital networks we have intown, they have a contract where they work at the VA. Who knows that may send there shittiest doctors to the VA

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Minus the primary care and psych departments, every specialty doctor I've seen has been contracted through One of the larger hospital networks we have intown, they have a contract where they work at the VA. Who knows that may send there shittiest doctors to the VA
I grew up going to VA doctors because of my dad. They were horrible imo. But to be fair. Most doctors nowadays are horrible from my experience. My primary care doctor recently prescribed me an antibiotic (levofloxcin I think it’s spelled) that gave me Bells Palsy and she blamed it on the infection and said oh you have a viral infection. Everyone knows an infection can start out viral but if it lasts more than a couple weeks it’s now bacterial. This was going on 4 weeks at the time. It’s a long ass story but point is she’s a god dam moron. This same doctor thinks I have kidney disease yet my last bloodwork had normal creatinine and eGFR. They have always been up and down. And kidney can’t repair themselves so she has no clue. I’m looking for a sports medicine primary care doctor now. My old doc retired and got this one. Not that he was that much better. lol. At least my current doctor listens somewhat and gives me the medicine I want. lol. But after this last shit with the antibiotic. She needs to go. That antibiotic has all kinds of warnings too. The pharmacist had to warn me because it’s known for tendon and muscle tears and knew I lifted. Why my doctor even gave me this shit is beyond me! A quick google search showed lawsuits and warnings of the tendon thing but also perminant nerve damage and neuropathy. She should have given be Cipro instead. Same family of antibiotics with better safety record. And everyone has heard of it before. She’s a dam quack! And btw I still have the ear infection and now I feel it in other ear. At least it’s a lot better now but only because I took matters in my own hands and also went to an ENT. ENT put me on methyl prednisone and had me get some imaging done which we will go over on Monday. Inner ear infection now we think. But I bet money if my primary care would have given me Cipro instead I wouldn’t have had to stop it and my ears would be fine now. Ok. Done bitching for now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic