Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Does Nolvadex work to reduce existing Gyno?

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Like you said , you're ''combatting gyno with nolva and treating it, neither one means ''eradicating'' it. Simple instaed odf all the studies ask guys who had gyno and did all these protocols and finally ended up going under the knife. I've seen plenty post up about it, IM is one

Here you go GM!!! Combat/Kill/Reverse whatever you wanna say.

Here you go please read.

[Influence of size and duration of gynecomastia on its response to treatment with tamoxifen].

[Article in Spanish]
Devoto C E1, Madariaga A M, Lioi C X, Mardones N.
Author information

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Gynecomastia is treated when it is painful, there are psychosocial repercussions or it does not revert in less than two years. It is treated with the antiestrogenic drug tamoxifen, but there are doubts about its effectiveness in high volume gynecomastias or in those lasting more than two years.
AIM:

To assess the effectiveness and safety of tamoxifen for gynecomastia and the influence of its volume and duration on the response to treatment.
PATIENTS AND METHODS:

Forty three patients with gynecomastia, aged 12 to 62 years, were studied. Twenty seven patients had a pubertal physiological gynecomastia, in eight it was caused by medications, in four it was secondary to hypogonadism, in three it was idiopathic and in one it was due to toxic exposure. Twenty patients had mastodynia and in 33, gynecomastia had a diameter over 4 cm. It lasted less than two years in 30 patients, more than two years in nine and four did not recall its duration. All were treated with tamoxifen 20 mg/day for 6 months. A follow up evaluation was performed at three and six months of treatment.
RESULTS:

Mastodynia disappeared in all patients at three months. At six months gynecomastia disappeared in 26 patients (62%), but relapsed in 27%. All gynecomastias caused by drugs with antiandrogen activity disappeared. Fifty two percent of gynecomastias over 4 cm and 90% of those of less than 4 cm in diameter disappeared (p<0.05). Fifty six percent of gynecomastias lasting more than two years and 70% of those of a shorter duration disappeared (p=NS). Two patients had diarrhea or flushes associated to the therapy.
CONCLUSIONS:

Tamoxifen is safe and effective for the treatment of gynecomastia. Larger lesions have a lower response to treatment.

PMID: 18357357 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free full text

Once again I will state and for the record an AI like LETRO does not reverse/kill/combat gyno. A SERM like NOLVADEX does.

The "KNIFE" is NOT your only option it seems if you have gyno at a diameter of 4cm or less?

mands

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I have ran letro, arimidex, armosain, nolva and clomid. You stated that your "friends" cured gyno with Letro is false in my opinion. I'm almost 100% certain they did not have gyno.

I have had sensitivity in my nipples while running letro and the same running arimidex. The only thing that worked getting rid of the sensitivity and small lump was nolvadex. So, there is my anecdotal evidence. Is that better for you sir?

mands

====================================

And you would be absolutely correct IME also Mands. There is a considerable amount of "fatty tissue" about the peri-areola region in males and it is indeed responsive to the effects of E-2. That is what some AAS users refer to as Gynecomastia, it is not.

This area simply has a tendency to undergo "bloat" when exposed to E-2 and in some folk that distention causes discomfort. Gynecomastia however is specific E-2 responsive BREAST TISSUE which looks almost identical to our female counterparts pathologically excepting the quantity.

Considering the amount of breast tissue in males the E-2 would probably have to approximate zero before efficacy was established and since AIs have no effect on the adrenal or gonadal production of estrogen (or the peripheral conversion of E-1 or E-3 into E-2 via the sulfatase enzyme) that task would approximate the impossible physiologically.

Regs
Jim

Ironmike72

Ironmike72

Aug 13, 2012
Here you go GM!!! Combat/Kill/Reverse whatever you wanna say.

Here you go please read.

[Influence of size and duration of gynecomastia on its response to treatment with tamoxifen].

[Article in Spanish]
Devoto C E1, Madariaga A M, Lioi C X, Mardones N.
Author information

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Gynecomastia is treated when it is painful, there are psychosocial repercussions or it does not revert in less than two years. It is treated with the antiestrogenic drug tamoxifen, but there are doubts about its effectiveness in high volume gynecomastias or in those lasting more than two years.
AIM:

To assess the effectiveness and safety of tamoxifen for gynecomastia and the influence of its volume and duration on the response to treatment.
PATIENTS AND METHODS:

Forty three patients with gynecomastia, aged 12 to 62 years, were studied. Twenty seven patients had a pubertal physiological gynecomastia, in eight it was caused by medications, in four it was secondary to hypogonadism, in three it was idiopathic and in one it was due to toxic exposure. Twenty patients had mastodynia and in 33, gynecomastia had a diameter over 4 cm. It lasted less than two years in 30 patients, more than two years in nine and four did not recall its duration. All were treated with tamoxifen 20 mg/day for 6 months. A follow up evaluation was performed at three and six months of treatment.
RESULTS:

Mastodynia disappeared in all patients at three months. At six months gynecomastia disappeared in 26 patients (62%), but relapsed in 27%. All gynecomastias caused by drugs with antiandrogen activity disappeared. Fifty two percent of gynecomastias over 4 cm and 90% of those of less than 4 cm in diameter disappeared (p<0.05). Fifty six percent of gynecomastias lasting more than two years and 70% of those of a shorter duration disappeared (p=NS). Two patients had diarrhea or flushes associated to the therapy.
CONCLUSIONS:

Tamoxifen is safe and effective for the treatment of gynecomastia. Larger lesions have a lower response to treatment.

PMID: 18357357 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free full text

Once again I will state and for the record an AI like LETRO does not reverse/kill/combat gyno. A SERM like NOLVADEX does.

The "KNIFE" is NOT your only option it seems if you have gyno at a diameter of 4cm or less?

mands

Tamoxifen is not only highly carcinogenic, except in breast tissue.. Yes it will destroy Gyno, but the mechanism used will make it easier for Gyno to return in later cycles with more force!! I only use Letro or adex. Since O takes a longer time to reach serum plasma and blood levels, I pprefere adex @.5 mg a day. If I were to use Letro for full cycle, I'd dose approx .75mg/ed

Scrapping_Irish

Scrapping_Irish

VIP Member
Sep 12, 2010
When I was in my late teens 18-20 I used pro hormones quite a bit. I didn't know what I was doing and ended up giving myself a very small not noticeable to anyone but me flare of gyno in both pecs but mostly the right. It stuck with me until I started cycling real aas when I turned 24. It felt and looked 100% gone about half way through my cycle, I attributed it to the adex and proviron I was using. I have not had an issue with gyno since until this past may when I started playing with test suspension. To make a long story short I took to much and gave my self a horrible flare up of gyno. It came on so fast and with out warning it was like I woke up one morning and my right peck was clearly ****ed. I immediately started on hg nolva 20mg per day along with aromasin 25mg ed and proviron 50mg ed with in 2 weeks It was looking much better and with in a month totally resolved. Today there is absolutely no trace, lesson of the story always be prepared to deal with any side that may come up. A lot of guys don't mind dropping a ton of money on gear but skimp on things like cycle support and pct which IMO are the most important part of your run. Who gives a shit if your jacked if you got titties lol

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
I had gyno and used nolva at 20mg ED and arimidex 1mg EOD. It was about 2 weeks after it forming that I took it. It is completely gone with me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic