Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Does Nolvadex work to reduce existing Gyno?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
If we are talking about reversing existing gyno.. letrozolol is the only one that will work.. you should run a test and try all the other ones first.. then use Letro, I bet you ten buck$ to a pinch of billygoat shit Letro is the only one that will reverse existing gyno

You can't reverse existing gyno, it has to be surgically removed. Nolv, Letro etc are only going to stop or slow the flare ups\symptons. You're basically shrinking the gland but the gland is still there waiting for the next imbalance to flare it's nipply self up again. I'm talking gyno from aas use that is set in, if you're smart and have your pct's on hand you can reverse it, you know if your nips start getting itchy, sore etc .

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
You can't reverse existing gyno, it has to be surgically removed. Nolv, Letro etc are only going to stop or slow the flare ups\symptons. You're basically shrinking the gland but the gland is still there waiting for the next imbalance to flare it's nipply self up again. I'm talking gyno from aas use that is set in, if you're smart and have your pct's on hand you can reverse it, you know if your nips start getting itchy, sore etc .

Actually if you catch it early one absolutely can ! Old school method I myself used 80 mg 3 days then revert to 20 day for duration of cycle. However if it's really pronounced then yup surgey . Preventive maintenance to me - novaldex may be weaker then all the newer stuff, but the unique part is that it's " site specific " targeting the receptors around the nipplage ;)

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
You can't reverse existing gyno,.

Yes I and my friends have successfully dissipated small gyno lumps under the nipples using letrozol in just 3-4 weeks at 1mg ed... on a few occasions.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Yes I and my friends have successfully dissipated small gyno lumps under the nipples using letrozol in just 3-4 weeks at 1mg ed... on a few occasions.

Nice !!! It's true there are times when it's not too advanced. Also many mistake gyno for fatty gains around chest . Essentially one needs to just work through but at first sign or sensation increase anti -e. Or serm

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
If we are talking about reversing existing gyno.. letrozolol is the only one that will work.. you should run a test and try all the other ones first.. then use Letro, I bet you ten buck$ to a pinch of billygoat shit Letro is the only one that will reverse existing gyno

Again no letro is not the only as bodybuilders long before letro came out. Even letro won't cure all out case set in. The key is people need to be vigilant and look fir it . Tamoxifen/ novaldex is weak serm but taken throughout will prevent gyno and will reverse gyno signs upon early discovery at high doses . For decades bodybuilders only had this. Adex, letro , cytedren were unknown for decades. Until recent. NovLdex us selective works directly as preventative but won't eliminate excess estrogen

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012

Actually no AI can reverse gyno. And I'll take that bet... Would rather bump it up to $500.00

This is not true. Existing gyno can be treated with Nolva.

Here is an analogy that I have stole that might help you understand the difference between and AI and SERM.

Imagine there is a castle with 100 gates to enter. And, you have the job protecting the castle from these marauders. The marauders in this scenario is E2. There are two choices. 1. Protect all the gates with a SERM or 2. Protect None of the gates, but kill 50% or even 90% of all the marauders with an AI. Which of these options will best protect the castle?

Again I will say always use and AI to control E2 and use a SERM to combat gyno.

mands

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
[h=1]Prevention of gynecomastia and breast pain caused by androgen deprivation therapy in prostate cancer: tamoxifen or radiotherapy?[/h]Viani GA1, Bernardes da Silva LG, Stefano EJ.
[h=3]Author information[/h]

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]PURPOSE:[/h]To determine, in a meta-analysis, whether gynecomastia and breast pain rates in men with prostate cancer treated with androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) are reduced if treated with prophylactic radiotherapy (RT) or tamoxifen (TMX).
[h=4]METHODS AND MATERIALS:[/h]The MEDLINE, EMBASE, CANCERLIT, and Cochrane Library databases, as well as proceedings of annual meetings, were systematically searched to identify randomized, controlled studies comparing RT or TMX with observation for men with prostate cancer using ADT.
[h=4]RESULTS:[/h]Six RCTs (three RT trials and three TMX trials, N = 777 patients total) were identified that met the study criteria. Pooled results from these RCTs comparing RT vs. observation showed a significant reduction in the incidence of gynecomastia and breast pain rates in patients treated with RT (odds ratio [OR] = 0.21, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 0.12-0.37, p < 0.0001, and OR = 0.34, 95% CI 0.20-0.57, p < 0.0001, respectively). Use of RT resulted in an absolute risk reduction (ARR) of 29.4% and 19.9%, with a number needed to treat (NNT) of 3.4 and 5 to avoid one case of gynecomastia and breast pain, respectively. Pooled results from trials comparing TMX vs. observation showed a statistical benefit for breast pain and gynecomastia in favor of TMX arms (OR = 0.04, 95% CI = 0.02-0.08, p < 0.0001 and OR = 0.07, 95% CI = 0.0-0.14, p < 0.00001). TMX resulted in an ARR = 64.1% and 47.6%, with an NNT of 1.56 and 2.1 to avoid one case of gynecomastia and breast pain, respectively. Considering adverse effects, TMX was 6 times more adverse effects than RT.
[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]Our data have shown that both TMX and RT prevented gynecomastia and breast pain in patients with prostate cancer receiving ADT for prostate cancer. Although TMX was two times more effective in preventing gynecomastia, RT should represent an effective and safe treatment option, to take into account mainly in patients with cardiovascular risk factors or thrombotic diathesis.
Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

PMID: 22704706 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
J Clin Oncol. 2005 Feb 1;23(4):808-15.
[h=1]Evaluation of tamoxifen and anastrozole in the prevention of gynecomastia and breast pain induced by bicalutamide monotherapy of prostate cancer.[/h]Boccardo F1, Rubagotti A, Battaglia M, Di Tonno P, Selvaggi FP, Conti G, Comeri G, Bertaccini A, Martorana G, Galassi P, Zattoni F, Macchiarella A, Siragusa A,Muscas G, Durand F, Potenzoni D, Manganelli A, Ferraris V, Montefiore F.
[h=3]Author information[/h]

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]PURPOSE:[/h]To determine whether tamoxifen or anastrozole prevents gynecomastia and breast pain caused by bicalutamide (150 mg) without compromising efficacy, safety, or sexual functioning.
[h=4]PATIENTS AND METHODS:[/h]A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was performed in patients with localized, locally advanced, or biochemically recurrent prostate cancer. Patients (N = 114) were randomly assigned to either bicalutamide (150 mg/d) plus placebo or in combination with tamoxifen (20 mg/d) or anastrozole (1 mg/d) for 48 weeks. Gynecomastia, breast pain, prostate-specific antigen (PSA), sexual functioning, and serum levels of hormones were assessed.
[h=4]RESULTS:[/h]Gynecomastia developed in 73% of patients in the bicalutamide group, 10% of patients in the bicalutamide-tamoxifen group, and 51% of patients in the bicalutamide-anastrozole group (P < .001); breast pain developed in 39%, 6%, and 27% of patients, respectively (P = .006). Baseline PSA level decreased by > or = 50% in 97%, 97%, and 83% of patients in the bicalutamide, bicalutamide-tamoxifen, and bicalutamide-anastrozole groups, respectively (P = .07); and adverse events were reported in 37%, 35%, and 69% of patients, respectively (P = .004). There were no major differences among treatments in sexual functioning parameters from baseline to month 6. Elevated testosterone levels occurred in each group; however, free testosterone levels remained unchanged in the bicalutamide-tamoxifen group because of increased sex hormone-binding globulin levels.
[h=4]CONCLUSION:[/h]Anastrozole did not significantly reduce the incidence of bicalutamide-induced gynecomastia and breast pain. In contrast, tamoxifen was effective, without increasing adverse events, at least in the short-term follow-up. These data support the need for a larger study to determine any effect on mortality.

[h=3]Comment in[/h]

PMID: 15681525 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

mands

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Actually no AI can reverse gyno. And I'll take that bet... Would rather bump it up to $500.00

haha you don't state any personal experience where you've attempted to use letro for this reason and no positive results.. but you state it doesn't work so adamantly.. if you stroll back you 'll see that I stated that it in fact does work in cases I have had and my friends, bassed on my personal experiences..
So I know it can absolutely work in some instances

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
haha you don't state any personal experience where you've attempted to use letro for this reason and no positive results.. but you state it doesn't work so adamantly.. if you stroll back you 'll see that I stated that it in fact does work in cases I have had and my friends, bassed on my personal experiences..
So I know it can absolutely work in some instances

I have ran letro, arimidex, armosain, nolva and clomid. You stated that your "friends" cured gyno with Letro is false in my opinion. I'm almost 100% certain they did not have gyno.

I have had sensitivity in my nipples while running letro and the same running arimidex. The only thing that worked getting rid of the sensitivity and small lump was nolvadex. So, there is my anecdotal evidence. Is that better for you sir?

mands

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Actually if you catch it early one absolutely can ! Old school method I myself used 80 mg 3 days then revert to 20 day for duration of cycle. However if it's really pronounced then yup surgey . Preventive maintenance to me - novaldex may be weaker then all the newer stuff, but the unique part is that it's " site specific " targeting the receptors around the nipplage ;)
Cmon Lunk!! Did you even read my post? :D That's kinda what I alluded to, if you catch it early but once it establishes itself it ain't going anywhere without the knife

How long did you have the lumps tho is the point and also did they return next cycle? I've read studies where pre-pub and old age gyno goes away by itself but where talking aas use here, accelerated

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

This is not true. Existing gyno can be treated with Nolva.

Here is an analogy that I have stole that might help you understand the difference between and AI and SERM.

Imagine there is a castle with 100 gates to enter. And, you have the job protecting the castle from these marauders. The marauders in this scenario is E2. There are two choices. 1. Protect all the gates with a SERM or 2. Protect None of the gates, but kill 50% or even 90% of all the marauders with an AI. Which of these options will best protect the castle?

Again I will say always use and AI to control E2 and use a SERM to combat gyno.

mands

Like you said , you're ''combatting gyno with nolva and treating it, neither one means ''eradicating'' it. Simple instaed odf all the studies ask guys who had gyno and did all these protocols and finally ended up going under the knife. I've seen plenty post up about it, IM is one

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic