Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Does Anyone Else Have High Glucose Levels?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
GDA's

r-ala
banaba
chromium
cinnamon
berberine*
metformin*

* use the last two sparingly as they can hinder recovery and protein synthesis slightly.
r-ala is the best IMO.
These are all great at lowering blood glucose.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Turbo your diets tend to be off and on. This isn't a condition you developed overnight. Take this as a wake up call.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Turbo your diets tend to be off and on. This isn't a condition you developed overnight. Take this as a wake up call.

You're exactly right dude.

Anytime I have a lot of anxiety or stress going on or have a bad event I end up off the diet and go on a bender.

I don't know why, but for a comfort and release I turn to food. I'd like to change it, but for some reason I keep wanting to go back even though I don't want to.

I'm really bad about yoyo dieting. Really bad.

This is actually the first time its ever showed up on the lab work as abnormal, so its probably because my diet was bad at the time. I was dealing with a lot of stress during this time.

Diet is a huge challenge for me.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
GDA's

r-ala
banaba
chromium
cinnamon
berberine*
metformin*

* use the last two sparingly as they can hinder recovery and protein synthesis slightly.
r-ala is the best IMO.
These are all great at lowering blood glucose.

Thanks man, gonna look into these.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
RR and I walk every nite holding hands with one another while we watch the sunset.....Then we sneak away behind some bushes and.......

Yes turbo last week my bloodwork came back. Glucose to high. He put me on metformin. My goal is to not be on it . I haven't had any processed sweet shit. And walk/jogging four days a week alongside my lifting.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
RR and I walk every nite holding hands with one another while we watch the sunset.....Then we sneak away behind some bushes and.......

Fd, you're such a romatic.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
So we bought a glucose meter today, and I tested it when I got home.

I ate at a really large plate of nachos from a local restaurant around 11:30-12:00PM.

I just got home and its about 3:20 PM and ran the test.

Tested it the first time and the reading was 81.

Tested it a second time right after that and it was 88.

The normal range is 70-130.

I'm not sure if the test they did was inaccurate.

I'll check it again tomorrow morning when I wake up, and maybe try to check it a couple times a week.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
You really need to start cleaning up your act with the food and sweets turbo. Just because your borderline doesn't mean your going to get it. Take control of your lifestyle.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
You really need to start cleaning up your act with the food and sweets turbo. Just because your borderline doesn't mean your going to get it. Take control of your lifestyle.

Definitely man.

Its a challenge I've been dealing with for a while. But hopefully I can get it under better control.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
I'll check it again tomorrow morning when I wake up, and maybe try to check it a couple times a week.

Take it the morning for sure, then vary the times you take it during the week...
take some pre-prandial and some post-prandial (before and after meals), mix it up...
Sometimes, for fun, I take a reading just prior to a workout and then right after.

If your meter keeps a log of the results save them, or keep a journal, take your meter or your log with you next visit

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Take it the morning for sure, then vary the times you take it during the week...
take some pre-prandial and some post-prandial (before and after meals), mix it up...
Sometimes, for fun, I take a reading just prior to a workout and then right after.

If your meter keeps a log of the results save them, or keep a journal, take your meter or your log with you next visit

Thanks Mr Gregger!

I'll test it out to see where the levels go!

I really appreciate all your help dude.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic