Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Doctor says I gotta do it....

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
No really. I can't. I also have a minor back problem making jogging, jump rope, and things i used to love off limits for now. It went out on me a week ago and I couldn't even crawl under a car to put the motor in. Walking I can do. Maybe a light pack up and down the big hill that is my gravel county road driveway. Some yoga and proper lifting should fix the back, I believe
I stay away from sugar for the most part. Divorce has had me in severe depression, so I did fall of wagon some.
So, those are the good thermogenic supplements? I'll have to budget something in after I get a regular job. I'm doing well to afford food and gas right now
Don't worry about carrying a weighted pack for now. For now, just walk, get yourself in the groove first then increase intensity or make it more challenging as you progress. Divorce will f a brother up so I completely understand that. BTW yes those things I mentioned have fat burnign effects, and Yahombine lso helps with appetite supression. Iknow on th edivorce people will tell you to get over it, you'll be fine and time and all that sh*t you don't really want to hear right now. Thing is, it will get better but when YOU want it to.

T

Thook

Jun 29, 2023
Eat meat, don't eat meat. I do not care. I am just saying, it is not healthy to not eat a balanced diet and you need to supplement with amino acids, vitamins and minerals to make up for what you are not getting in meat.

I see a major issue with your entire thought process on food. You say you had a large salad with lots of eggs, olives, half can of chili, 3 inch chunk of sourdough. We would say, we had a 200 g of spinach, 125 g of whole eggs, 85 g of black olives, 85 g of peppers and 60 g of sourdough bread. We measure our food. You have no idea how much you are actually eating unless you measure it. I do this all the time with my clients and trail mix. I ask them to grab what they think is a serving size of trail mix or nuts. Almost every time they grab 4-7 times the serving size. What they think they are eating is 140 calories, but it is really 600-1000 calories.

No idea what is in the chili, so would not have had it unless you made it yourself, but since you said it was in a can, I assume it was not.
Well, when you said ditch the vegetarian diet i was afraid of this discussion devolving into a debate. That's all. I worked at nutrition supplement store for 23 years. I understand the importance of dietary balance. It's just the past couple of years I have neglected everything I've known about including any exercise. I really had no reason in my mind to bother with it. But, now that I've decided to stick around, I don't like feeling this way in my body.
Do you cook? If a person has cooked a long time (33 years), they get good a measuring by the eyeball. I do a lot with carpentry and mechanics, too, figuring what size wrench or whatever. Anyway, point is a half a cup of trail mix is a lot more calories than you might think, i know. Lots of polyunsaturated fats.....some of which aren't even good for you. Nevertheless, I do have an idea, actually. I'll just brush up on caloric charts and be a lot more mindful. Thank you.
Diet & cardio will be your best friend. From my experience the fastest way to lose weight is probably low carb, I think carb cycling is a better option. Other may disagree & that’s ok, I just know what’s worked for me. Good luck!
I'm going to try a form of low carb, then. I love eggs and can never tire of them. Are salad greens considered low carb? Cruciferous veggies? I can live without bread for a bit until my body gets into shed mode. When I've done fasting before, I've always gone to yams or sweet potatoes to balance out if my energy levels started getting too low. I've seen low carb folks go pretty extreme. Come in with dark circles under the eyes and low energy. I don't know what they were doing, but didn't look like a good idea.

T

Thook

Jun 29, 2023
Don't worry about carrying a weighted pack for now. For now, just walk, get yourself in the groove first then increase intensity or make it more challenging as you progress. Divorce will f a brother up so I completely understand that. BTW yes those things I mentioned have fat burnign effects, and Yahombine lso helps with appetite supression. Iknow on th edivorce people will tell you to get over it, you'll be fine and time and all that sh*t you don't really want to hear right now. Thing is, it will get better but when YOU want it to.
Hey, man.....thanks

T

Thook

Jun 29, 2023
So, even doing low carb, do the caloric deficit??
Do you all have a good/easy caloric chart to go by?
I watched some videos. Once guy went on about calculating caloric limits to the intended body weight goal. Ultimately I"d like to get back down the 140lbs or so.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
For me, a 100% protein diet with NO SUGAR works amazing. Even more when I do it with interment ant fasting 20-25 pounds off in 6-8 weeks for me.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
A lot of good tips already given.

My suggestions:
1) Drop ALL processed foods. Eat what’s real.
2) Minimize carb sources to the greatest extent possible, and increase protein (from food) as much as possible.
A Keto style (higher protein though) macro model is ideal for your interests, at least for a period of time.
3) Consider implementing a pattern of intermittent fasting (something like a 16/8 pattern). 3 days a week is a good start with this.
4) Do walks as frequent as you’re able — make them daily routine.
5) Review some beginner weight resistance, progressive overload training routines online and then develop a consistent and disciplined pattern of doing it 3-4 days a week.

T

Thook

Jun 29, 2023
So, I haven't abandoned ship. My PC is down and I'm using the phone to post, ATM. Text is tedious prefer the PC. Anyway, I have started lifting ( super sore) and at least eating simply avoiding junk. Just whole foods. TBH, though, mainly potatoes and eggs....which is not ideal, but its all I can afford right now. A little olive oil and plant based bullion for some flavor and satiation. I see the journal section, but will wait until computer is fixed for that. No fat loss of course, but certainly feel better. I'm shocked at how weak I've gotten. 70lbs for four sets of eight reps and failing last set. I've got a journey ahead of me, to be sure. But, my body is remembering. Thanks all!

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Hello all,
New to the forum here, but I'm looking to get some support and guidance. I have zero in my circle of a handful of friends who do none of this fitness stuff. So, I know a lot about nutrition in general, but due to severe depression I've really really let myself go in the past couple of years and the doctor says I need to lose some of this weight fast.
I bought myself around 250lbs of iron, a barbell, dumbbells, a bench, and squat rack. I've been busy since forever, but no more excuses. I just want to do this the right way because I know I don't know it all, and I have to lose at least 20-30lbs within the shortest amount of time possible. I'm 5'6 and around 175lbs. Much of that is abdominal, but spreading to the hips. As well, it's causing breathing issues and I'm told my heart is weak. With stress, I have noticed some irregular palpitations....which is why the doctor advised.. I'm only 50 and I can't go having a darn heart attack working in this heat. Anyway, there's soooooo much info on the web it's confusing, and I want to just find something simple even if it's hard that I can stick to without complicating the chaos I already live with.
I just started the cabbage soup thing after doing some reading, but I'd like to get some input on how maybe any of the other vegetarians have been able shed fast. Well, even omnivore info is welcome. If there's any supplements, I'm open to that even though I've always poo'd them in the past. I know....there's no magic bullets, but still.
Direct me to testimonials and just briefly say,"Do this damnit!!". That'd be great.
Tonight I have to establish my starting weights for the lifting. I've picked on the AllPro beginner's program. It seems simple and apparently effective.

Thank you kindly!
Matthew
I never reccomend to hire coaches typically but in your situation it may be the best option for stress management reasons. It can be very different to follow a plan without the experience behind you. So I honestly would say spending 200mo on a good coach would be super beneficial. Pick their brain and in three months you'll have a great platform to stand on and likely won't need a coach anymore. Everyone here can give you great advice aswell but then you have to choose something and go with it.
Carb cycling in my opinion is super beneficial for weight loss. Making sure your doing refeeds if your getting into a large caloric deficit. It will spike metabolism and make your body let go of weight it may be holding due to the natural reaction of thinking its staving.
Water!!!! Like loads! I'm talking 4-6L a day loads. Vitamins and minerals! Eat clean and salt your food. Slowly increase cardio and decrease calories. In a reasonable progression. Train hard on the weights 4-5 days a week for 45-60min

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic