Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Do I have a chance at my goals?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, I replied about that to Tiny about that as well. I know I can either get that weight from fat or muscle. so I want to gain as much muscle mass as I can. I don't want to just get to 200Lbs and have 16+ inch arms. I want to be that big from my muscles, not fat.

That's actually an interesting thing you said, that your clients say "They don't want to be as big as you". Because when I first came here and saw your avatar. I said the exact opposite to myself.

I hope I'm not sounding rude, I just want to make it clear I know to not just chase after numbers, I want to gain that weight with as much of it muscle as possible.
Not rude at all brother. I hope you eventually get bigger than me, if that is what you want. I am 46 years old and still try and gain muscle every year.

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
I can answer your question with a confident YES, if you are willing to put in the work on your side. A good example is one of my sons. At age 16 he weighed about 140 pounds, was wiry and lean from wrestling and other sports. He slowly gained weight during high school like many boys going through puberty. You may think you're finished growing, but you likely have not done so. It's not uncommon for a male to grow another inch or two and put on weight after they finish high school.

My son hit the weights diligently after college, and went from 165 to about 210 over a period of about 10 years. He's entirely natural, and while he's not <10%BF, he's not carrying much extra weight on him. Nice thick and solid. I'm guessing his arms are 17" which is pretty big for a natural who's not fat. What did he do? No magic exercises, just steady, eddy training over a 10 year period.
Alright, then that's what I'm gonna do!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Alright, then that's what I'm gonna do!
Keep your protein intake high. As your metabolism is probably a blast furnace at your age, you likely don't need to be too careful on your carbs. In fact, you probably just need to focus on keeping your total calories high so that you're continuing the weight gain. As you get older and have a solid base of muscle, tuning your macronutrients will make more sense.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Keep your protein intake high. As your metabolism is probably a blast furnace at your age, you likely don't need to be too careful on your carbs. In fact, you probably just need to focus on keeping your total calories high so that you're continuing the weight gain. As you get older and have a solid base of muscle, tuning your macronutrients will make more sense.
100%.

If you do find yourself gaining too much fat, too fast. Just cut the carbs back a bit (a little bit at a time) on days you don't train. Hopefully, you are not training more than 5 days a week. One of the first mistakes I see a lot of new guys make; train way too much and never recover. Recovery = time, nutrition and sleep.

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
100%.

If you do find yourself gaining too much fat, too fast. Just cut the carbs back a bit (a little bit at a time) on days you don't train. Hopefully, you are not training more than 5 days a week. One of the first mistakes I see a lot of new guys make; train way too much and never recover. Recovery = time, nutrition and sleep.
Got it!

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I agree never focus on weight. Focus what your frame can handle and how you look/feel. Use photos because mirrors lie when we admire ourselves in them(at least my mirror lies)

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I agree never focus on weight. Focus what your frame can handle and how you look/feel. Use photos because mirrors lie when we admire ourselves in them(at least my mirror lies)
I think everyone has found a specific mirror they prefer to pose in, because it makes you look bigger than you are. Haha

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Hang around Charger.

Site been here, 14 years, lot's of us have been on sites together for 25-30 years.

Sites and folks who have been around a long time have the same mindset, help ourselves, help others, and realize it's not an easy game at times and we all bring something to the table.

UR new blood, lol, and a great name.

Good Luck

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic