Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Do I have a chance at my goals?

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
Hey, I've been around here for a bit and I'm really thankful for all your help. But this is a something that's been on my mind for a while now. And that is if I even got the right genes to get to the goals I hope for. I'm a relatively small person. I'm only 5'9 and only just became 150Lbs. I used to be 135Lbs when a started weight lifting. And I got 14 1/4 inch biceps dispite weight lifting for half a year. My friend got at least an inch more in that amount of time. Can a person like me even hope for 16+ inch biceps and be 200Lbs like I want to be? Do I even have a chance at success?

Last edited:
BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Absolutely, but understand it doesn't happen overnight. Bodybuilding is just like anything else in life... then more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.

Also, I know it is difficult to do but don't compare yourself with others. Be the best YOU possible... don't worry about what your friend is doing.

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
Absolutely, but understand it doesn't happen overnight. Bodybuilding is just like anything else in life... then more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.

Also, I know it is difficult to do but don't compare yourself with others. Be the best YOU possible... don't worry about what your friend is doing.
Alright, I understand. And i'll make an effort to not compare myself to others. Thank you. This has been a worry since I started so it's nice to hear that feedback. Have a good day!

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
There’s so much to this.

Foremost, it takes time. It takes continual progress on an effective training and nutrition program. You have to put in the work, and you have to be patient.

What is your age, how long have you been training, and when do you hope to be 200lbs?

200 lbs @ 5’9” with a low body fat is a considerable amount of lean body mass that will take years to attain. Don’t just chase the scale. That number is just a small part of body building. There’s plenty of fat people that weigh 200lbs and look like shit at 30%+ body fat.

I understand you have a goal. That’s GREAT! Do you have a plan on how to get there? The plan is the path to progress.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
You have every chance of reaching your goals but need to realize it's going to be a marathon, not a sprint, to get there. If you stay active here you'll get honest advice and great support.

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
There’s so much to this.

Foremost, it takes time. It takes continual progress on an effective training and nutrition program. You have to put in the work, and you have to be patient.

What is your age, how long have you been training, and when do you hope to be 200lbs?

200 lbs @ 5’9” with a low body fat is a considerable amount of lean body mass that will take years to attain. Don’t just chase the scale. That number is just a small part of body building. There’s plenty of fat people that weigh 200lbs and look like shit at 30%+ body fat.

I understand you have a goal. That’s GREAT! Do you have a plan on how to get there? The plan is the path to progress.
I'm 16, I've been training for 8 months and I want to be 200Lbs eventually in my life (at this moment to deadline)

And your right, I shouldn't be too concerned about the numbers, I'll work on that. But I do know my goal is to put on muscle mass, I have no intention on raising my body fat.

Right now I'm just on a bulking diet and train 5 days a week and take breaks on the weekends.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Man you need to look at the transformation pictures of Derek Lunsford and Shaun Clarida. Those dudes were small, small when they started. Now look at them, Mr. Olympias.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
to answer the question

u don't know, that is part of the journey

folks answering all have 20+ years at it

goals will roll over time, great you have urs now.....lot's of folks never do, miss this one aspect for life

8 Months is HUGE HUGE HUGE, most refuse to do the work

in general, i'd say 3 years to figure out ur body.....each muscle will be different, need different style etc.

why routines become routine, get most for the time on task

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hey, I've been around here for a bit and I'm really thankful for all your help. But this is a something that's been on my mind for a while now. And that is if I even got the right genes to get to the goals I hope for. I'm a relatively small person. I'm only 5'9 and only just became 150Lbs. I used to be 135Lbs when a started weight lifting. And I got 14 1/4 inch biceps dispite weight lifting for half a year. My friend got at least an inch more in that amount of time. Can a person like me even hope for 16+ inch biceps and be 200Lbs like I want to be? Do I even have a chance at success?
Tiny already mentioned this, but I will just second his thought. If all you want is 16 inch arms and to be 200 lbs, eat McDonalds 6 times a day. You will get there pretty quick, but the look is going to be horrendous. I have a lot of clients that have a fascination with 17 inch arms for some damn reason. Then they say, they don't want to be as big as me... Look at my avatar! That was taken Monday. How big do you think my arms are? 17.5 inches, but I am around 8-9% BF. Peak off-season when I let my BF get to around 15% they are 18.5 inches, so 6-7% BF adds 1 inch to my arms. BTW I am 5'9" and compete on stage at under 200 lbs.

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
Tiny already mentioned this, but I will just second his thought. If all you want is 16 inch arms and to be 200 lbs, eat McDonalds 6 times a day. You will get there pretty quick, but the look is going to be horrendous. I have a lot of clients that have a fascination with 17 inch arms for some damn reason. Then they say, they don't want to be as big as me... Look at my avatar! That was taken Monday. How big do you think my arms are? 17.5 inches, but I am around 8-9% BF. Peak off-season when I let my BF get to around 15% they are 18.5 inches, so 6-7% BF adds 1 inch to my arms. BTW I am 5'9" and compete on stage at under 200 lbs.
Yeah, I replied about that to Tiny about that as well. I know I can either get that weight from fat or muscle. so I want to gain as much muscle mass as I can. I don't want to just get to 200Lbs and have 16+ inch arms. I want to be that big from my muscles, not fat.

That's actually an interesting thing you said, that your clients say "They don't want to be as big as you". Because when I first came here and saw your avatar. I said the exact opposite to myself.

I hope I'm not sounding rude, I just want to make it clear I know to not just chase after numbers, I want to gain that weight with as much of it muscle as possible.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
@ChargerWolf Im 5’9”. At 16 I weighed 150lbs. At 36 I weighed 240lbs with single digit body fat and 20” arms. It’s a lot for someone our height and I can’t say that it was remotely healthy. I weigh 215 now @42 with 17” arms and life is much better. Just train…the inches and the pounds don’t mean as much as how happy you are with your body and your quality of life.

M

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I can answer your question with a confident YES, if you are willing to put in the work on your side. A good example is one of my sons. At age 16 he weighed about 140 pounds, was wiry and lean from wrestling and other sports. He slowly gained weight during high school like many boys going through puberty. You may think you're finished growing, but you likely have not done so. It's not uncommon for a male to grow another inch or two and put on weight after they finish high school.

My son hit the weights diligently after college, and went from 165 to about 210 over a period of about 10 years. He's entirely natural, and while he's not <10%BF, he's not carrying much extra weight on him. Nice thick and solid. I'm guessing his arms are 17" which is pretty big for a natural who's not fat. What did he do? No magic exercises, just steady, eddy training over a 10 year period.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic