Members
Latest Member
thejudge
What's New?

Deadlift grip??

O

Ozkon

Aug 3, 2011
I use the cross grip and switch between sets, so that each side gets the same kind of attention. I don't wear straps, but I do spend a lot of time training my grip strength in an effort to avoid this accessory.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
AJ I've not had any issues with my thumbs and I've been doing it a long time, it did hurt like hell at 1st but you get conditioned to it. It's a very secure grip which is why alot of top level raw PLers use it. DL is my lift of choice so I'm always working on my raw #s and found it to work best over time.

pumpitall

pumpitall

Oct 30, 2010
I think I will try changing up my cross grip with a lighter weight and I think I might try and over hand grip and see how that feels, and work with what feels good to me!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, appreciate it guys n girls.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I never use a mixed grip (under/over) anymore. I used to (a long time ago), but after sustaining a bicep injury and another time sustaining a lat injury I switched to the hook grip and I've been good ever since. You'll want to slowly incorporate the hook grip into the routine b/c it's quite painful. If you use it on all your pulling movements like RDL, SLDL, Rows, etc you'll find the transition smoother.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I use over/under on my heavier deadlifts. I use double overhand on my lighter sets.I feel stronger with over/under and yes I even use straps like this.

Why would you use straps with a mixed grip? The whole point of the mixed grip is to help secure the bar but since you're using straps the bar isn't going to go anywhere.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I do and it is what I am most comfortable with. I'm allowed to in strongman so I dont see a reason not to.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I use the hook grip some nowadays, I've added in some over under but when I'm over 600 the straps are involved.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic