jacobss
What's New?

Crossfit and Bodybuilding

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Horrible and absurd comparison.

Please explain. The intention of posting the video with Farris was to show a real weightlifter doing a 30 rep set.
A lot of people on here have said they are against that and I tried to show a real, at one time, top level weightlifter doing it
without complaints.

What did you think I was comparing? My time for that workout is 3:23. I'm an advanced CF athlete but still a long ways to go.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Are you kidding me, Bro Bundy? lol The amount of dorks in bodybuilding is off the charts.
Not sure about the socks bro. I don't wear long socks.
I talk from experience.My friend owns one of the biggest "boxes" im sure its called a box cause there filled with pussies lol...All dorks ..packed to the brim...its over splilling with pure dorks doing some funny ass lifts..no offence

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I didn't actually mean that like I said. It's fine to build volume through doubles and triples. That's just how I was taught. Nothing or nobody is going to convince me that doing snatches for time or 25 reps or whatever else they do is good and doesn't lead to lots of unecessary injuries. I only did Oly lifting for about a year because I really wasn't wild about the training, but I wanted to try it out.

I know the top guys don't do regular WODs from the websites.

The main problem I have with it, is all a guy needs to do to coach "Crossfit" is go to a few seminars, fork over a few thousand, and he has himself a box where he is teaching Olympic lifts to people. I'm sorry, but that is fukked up. Yes, there's bad gyms and great gyms, bad boxes and great ones. The difference is that when some shmuck sees the crossfit games on ESPN and decides he's going to do crossfit, he has no idea about what makes a good box vs bad one.

If the same guy goes to a Planet Fitness, he gets pizza and hops on a few machines and goes home. The potential for the guy getting seriously injured is much less then going to some guy who took a few seminars on Oly lifting and thinks he's fit to coach.

You're absolutely right about that. However, the level 1 CF cert no longer qualifies you as a coach. They tightened things up and now it's 4 certs.
Either way, it takes at least 4 years to really know weightlifting. A great oly coach has been doing it for decades.

I'm with you on the coaches though. There's a lot out there that don't know their shit. Being that most on this site know their stuff or have been
training for a while, it wouldn't be a problem for them to find a solid box. For the newbie though, it would be a different story.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I talk from experience.My friend owns one of the biggest "boxes" im sure its called a box cause there filled with pussies lol...All dorks ..packed to the brim...its over splilling with pure dorks doing some funny ass lifts..no offence

I always get pussy with after my 1000 jumping jacks on a bosu ball workout.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I'm going to try that Isabelle today. But I'm using the aluminum bar and 10lb bumpers.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Good call. Work your way up. If you're feeling good do 30 snatches 30 pull ups 30 ground to overhead. Isabel is a good benchmark but not the best workout by itself.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Since this thread turned from physique oriented to why crossfit is stupid oriented, let me ask this question.

Who here can squat over 4 plates and DL over 5?
How about C&J 275 or Snatch 225?
Okay, who can run a 10k trail run in 45 minutes or less?
Okay, who can do a handstand push up?
How about a bar or ring muscle up just for shits?
What about 5 of them in a row?

It's not about size as it is strength, endurance, and balance.
The physique is just a by-product of trying to achieve the 3 above.
Lots of guys have great physiques, but what can they do with that physique?
Maybe they don't want to do anything with that physique and that's okay.
To me, that's boring. To each their own. But it's why I think doing
Wendler, Takano, and CF is an amazing combination.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Good call. Work your way up. If you're feeling good do 30 snatches 30 pull ups 30 ground to overhead. Isabel is a good benchmark but not the best workout by itself.
Too late, did it before I saw this. Took either just under 4 or just under 5. I lost track because I was looking at the seconds.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic