Mar 2, 2012
Titan THP? Something else?
Thanks,
Sd

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The THP's are cast like but you also get some rebound from them. Give them a try, I think you'll like them. I was very impressed with them. Just be sure to have someone wrap you b/c you won't be able to wrap yourself nearly as tight.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I just bought the inzer grippers. Holy hell...

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
The Metal Blacks are very cast like

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
nothing beats good old fashoined wraps - tight as you want but still has some flexibility. You cant get that with any brace or sleeve

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I'm actually using the ones you speak of not just to squat with badly injured knees but in my aikijutsu training I get slammed on my back , side , knees about 110 times a day violently lol the wraps allow me the flexibility and support I need over like braces and sleeves

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
People throw this term around but it doesn't mean what you think it means.

The THPs are a strong wrap, the metals are okay if you can stretch them enough to get anything out of them, the grippers are springy compared to either of those.... even the APT convicts and the new Iron Rebel wraps are really sturdy but not cast-like.

All of these wraps use loose fabric weave and a heavy elastic for support. The support comes from the elastic in the wrap. These all provide a lot of support, but they are not cast-like wraps.
A cast-like wrap is a wrap that uses heavy fabric with a lighter elastic. Support comes from the fabric weave stretching - like a suit or shirt - not from the elastic. Cast wraps are wraps like the TP5000s and the Overkill wraps.

I've used them all. Probably given away more wraps than most guys can name off the top of their heads. If you like an elastic-type wrap the most stout thing on the market that you can get a good wrap with is the Iron Rebel wraps. If you like a cast wrap then you're going overkill.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
People throw this term around but it doesn't mean what you think it means.

The THPs are a strong wrap, the metals are okay if you can stretch them enough to get anything out of them, the grippers are springy compared to either of those.... even the APT convicts and the new Iron Rebel wraps are really sturdy but not cast-like.

All of these wraps use loose fabric weave and a heavy elastic for support. The support comes from the elastic in the wrap. These all provide a lot of support, but they are not cast-like wraps.
A cast-like wrap is a wrap that uses heavy fabric with a lighter elastic. Support comes from the fabric weave stretching - like a suit or shirt - not from the elastic. Cast wraps are wraps like the TP5000s and the Overkill wraps.

I've used them all. Probably given away more wraps than most guys can name off the top of their heads. If you like an elastic-type wrap the most stout thing on the market that you can get a good wrap with is the Iron Rebel wraps. If you like a cast wrap then you're going overkill.

Thanks for that explanation b/c it clears it up for all of us.

U

Usealittle

Feb 15, 2012
Had a client squat 771 in inzer blacks about 3 wks ago in a meet. So a upgrade from them would be iron rebel? They had a booth at the meet too.....hmmm. If I would have known that them 800 would have gone up. He just missed 798.

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
For sure the Iron Rebel would be a step up. If he's a geared lifter I'd say that the Overkills are better for sure, but could be too much for a narrow stance raw lifter.

U

Usealittle

Feb 15, 2012
He is a semi wide raw lifter...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic