Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Before you start... Read this... there ARE dangers to Steroids.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
a couple things here, and for the most part (actually about 90%) i agree.

1) my cholesterol was actually worse before I got started. it was ridiculous when i first started college and preventative management was included in my inflated tuition, so i used it. it was BAD..it's actually gotten better with TRT, but worse obviously when i blast. This is rare, since i have at any given time 3 or more slipped disc (L5/S1 needs surgery) and a reconstructed left knee, i really don't do anything worthy of needing a boost in the gym any more. i do get blood levels checked, and the worst thing is triglycerides which are around 186, HDL is 66, LDL is 156...doc wants me on Lipitor for this, but i won't take it, sorry.

2) i regret EVER doing GH. back when nordic was around and GH was like a quarter/iu, i got 20 kits and took 5-10iu/day for almost a year. I got to my goal of 250, and after i realized i didn't want to be heavy any more, i just was never able to strip it off. sounds great, right? it's not when you don't want it. in basic training at 7 weeks in i was the lightest since college at 229lbs @ 5'9, ripped as shit, and starving of protein and most every other food. now i'm 249. point is it just never came off...i've tried protein deprivation and massive cardio..all it did is make me look like shit lol...i do blame this on GH. it was only after this that i blew up and couldn't deflate.

anyway..post over lol

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
a couple things here, and for the most part (actually about 90%) i agree.

1) my cholesterol was actually worse before I got started. it was ridiculous when i first started college and preventative management was included in my inflated tuition, so i used it. it was BAD..it's actually gotten better with TRT, but worse obviously when i blast. This is rare, since i have at any given time 3 or more slipped disc (L5/S1 needs surgery) and a reconstructed left knee, i really don't do anything worthy of needing a boost in the gym any more. i do get blood levels checked, and the worst thing is triglycerides which are around 186, HDL is 66, LDL is 156...doc wants me on Lipitor for this, but i won't take it, sorry.

2) i regret EVER doing GH. back when nordic was around and GH was like a quarter/iu, i got 20 kits and took 5-10iu/day for almost a year. I got to my goal of 250, and after i realized i didn't want to be heavy any more, i just was never able to strip it off. sounds great, right? it's not when you don't want it. in basic training at 7 weeks in i was the lightest since college at 229lbs @ 5'9, ripped as shit, and starving of protein and most every other food. now i'm 249. point is it just never came off...i've tried protein deprivation and massive cardio..all it did is make me look like shit lol...i do blame this on GH. it was only after this that i blew up and couldn't deflate.

anyway..post over lol

I don't know if you can blame that on GH though, sounds like a diet and cardio problem.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I would say normally, yes...but then boot camp. I lost 20lbs but the goal was to be under 200 again. I just don't see it happening.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have to wonder if some of this is not related to dosages people run these days. (first off, I am not judging anyone. I am just stating an observation).

It seems like everyone starts test at 750-1000mg and 1.5 g/ week is commonplace. Same with other compounds. "Back in the day" it was not like this. Going back to the greats of the 70's, by all accounts even the elite top BB's were not running these kind of dosages. Now it seems people all want to get huge overnight and it seems the answer is higher dose cycles.

In studies like this, they show that dosages up to 600mg/week had no ill effects on healthy males. Blood markers were not impacted negatively.

Study link:
http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172

I am over 40 and I see lots of young guys using WAY WAY too much stuff in my opinion. They are not even close to scrubbing their natural potential and they are still doing 1g cycles and adding orals...etc. I think too many people jump on too early and rely too much on it. They dont know how to eat right either. I think that doses can be kept a lot lower if people want to put the time and work in. I am guessing this would help greatly with health issues as well.

Again, only my opinion...and no hate for guys that want to push the limits. I just think you should save 'pushing the limit' for when it is needed. If some kid has an avg build and avg strength at best, he does not belong running such high cycles. Now sure, if a guy is an international elite ranked powerlifter....sure, or a top level bodybuilder....I get it. Not just some avg guy looking to be buff at best.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I have to wonder if some of this is not related to dosages people run these days. (first off, I am not judging anyone. I am just stating an observation).

It seems like everyone starts test at 750-1000mg and 1.5 g/ week is commonplace. Same with other compounds. "Back in the day" it was not like this. Going back to the greats of the 70's, by all accounts even the elite top BB's were not running these kind of dosages. Now it seems people all want to get huge overnight and it seems the answer is higher dose cycles.

In studies like this, they show that dosages up to 600mg/week had no ill effects on healthy males. Blood markers were not impacted negatively.

Study link:
http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172

I am over 40 and I see lots of young guys using WAY WAY too much stuff in my opinion. They are not even close to scrubbing their natural potential and they are still doing 1g cycles and adding orals...etc. I think too many people jump on too early and rely too much on it. They dont know how to eat right either. I think that doses can be kept a lot lower if people want to put the time and work in. I am guessing this would help greatly with health issues as well.

Again, only my opinion...and no hate for guys that want to push the limits. I just think you should save 'pushing the limit' for when it is needed. If some kid has an avg build and avg strength at best, he does not belong running such high cycles. Now sure, if a guy is an international elite ranked powerlifter....sure, or a top level bodybuilder....I get it. Not just some avg guy looking to be buff at best.

Hit the nail on the head. When I first started, 500mg test, 2-300mg of deca and 25mg of dbol was a huge cycle.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Good post IC.

I agree with you. There was a time that I though steroids don't kill you. But it was just a way to justify it in my head. It's the long term damage that cannot directly be linked or maybe now a days it can.

It's like any other sides with this stuff, if you are prone your chances are increased,

A family medical history can tell a lot for us.

H

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
I always worry about this kind of thing. I have been on for the past 4 years @ 200mg of test a week. I've been cycling for the past 12 years on low long doses (6mo on, 3-6mo off). I started my last cycle of 200mg/wk in May of 2010 and still feeling fine :D I will use 100mg of deca or equpoise for 2 month periods once, maybe twice a year for increased workouts with heavy lifting. I closely monitor what I eat, I do 45-60 minutes of cardio 3-4x a week in addition to my intense workouts. I"m 49 and in better shape than most who are in their late 20's and 30's. BUT, I still worry about threads like this because of increased risk of heart attacks. I don't want to come off because at my age I can definitely see the benefits and I enjoy how I feel while on AAS. I figure that my dose is low and I have excellent diet and exercise program that I have followed since I was in my teens. I work as a fireman & I admit, I partially use it to keep my performance above or at least with some of the young bucks. I'm not the fastest, but I'm one of the strongest. I have No family HX of CA, heart, only HTN, which I have. My BP was 140/90 so I chose to start bp meds to be safe. And I have high cholesterol- 200ish :( My good cholesterol was 20. I started taking Niacin and it increased to 65 :)

I hate reading these threads as they confirm my fears. I like all of us here fear having an MI & the older I get :( the more I worry about it. I still risk it with low doses and excellent diet.

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
If you decide at some point you want to use GH PLEASE... PRETTY please make certain you are not predisposed to any form of cancer. GH will rapidly increase cancerous growths... ALL in all.. consult with your physician regularly and keep your blood work in check... KNOW YOUR BODY... inside and out!

Absurd absolute paranoia and lack of knowledge . It's the dosages and cycles and practices completely respectfully think this thread is based on ignorance sorry . Yes powerful stuff but people stay on too long , bridge , abuse dosages . Sorry but most ridiculous post I've ever read sorry no offense personally . Ignorant and misleading

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
If you do not want to hear the negatives of Steroids then stop reading now... If you want to see all angles then keep reading...(you must forgive my punctuation as the enter key doesn't see to make spaces on this forum for me)........... Yes, they can make you stronger, Yes they can make your physique look better... yes.. they CAN KILL YOU!... a mild cycle here and there may not appear to cause any long term damage. But Damage does occur. for instance, your HTPA will recover, but, it will most likely not function at the same level once you stop, even with the proper PCT. Extended use WILL cause hair loss, high cholesterol, and heart damage. I know of a handful of people both IRL and on boards who have had heart attacks and even died... yes died as a direct result of steroids causing thickening of the heart walls and left ventricle fibrillation. I know when I got started years ago everyone preached liver damage "You have to protect your liver"... well you do... Cirrhosis of the liver is a very deadly disease. The only good thing about that is that it has signs and symptoms... and your liver can rebuild itself... your heart cant... If you look great on the outside and are dying on the inside.. that isnt really living. I will not be quoting any articles or science... just letting you young bucks who want to take the plunge see what can truly happen...

Sorry but this is complete ignorance and misinformed . No offense ridiculous and to me demonstrates lack of exoerience . It's the fact that people don't respect them by using high doses , staying on too long , bridging etc . Done with respect to compounds will extend your life . Again no offense but this is such an ignorant view

Abuse anything and you die. . Eat too much you grow fat obese clog Arteties and die,aspirin kills , alchohol everyone except myself use regular is poison . Most studies are either flawed or misleading or misinterpreted .

Last edited:
IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Whats your point in all of this Kets? you agree yet you disagree??? You said "Done with respect to compounds will extend your life"... then you say "Abuse anything and you die"... pretty similar to what I said... My point isnt that steroids will kill when done properly... the WILL KILL YOU when abused... Too many of these young kids think there are no draw backs to steroid use... THERE ARE... WHEN ITS ABUSED!!!! that is my point... I dont take offense to your ramblings because your old and senile and I respect you ;) ... but we are saying the same thing... your just in a bad mood...

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
and YES... GH will increase the growth of cancerous cells exponentially...

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Anything to increase the size of my weiner?????

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic