Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

BB in test e???

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
Anyone ever hear of this or do this? Run 2% ba along with 15% bb to brew test e..??? Supposedly it helps keep it smooth .no pip..

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Keep it smooth? Sounds like bro talk.....The compound does not need a solvent, whoever told it was needed doesnt know what they are talking about....

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
If you can't make test e 200-300mg/ml without pain, then back to the drawing board.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
Keep it smooth? Sounds like bro talk.....The compound does not need a solvent, whoever told it was needed doesnt know what they are talking about....

the idea behind ba/bb is sterility. one helps keep it sterile in the vail, the other keeps it sterile in the body. AAS hormones don't really need either to be soluble in oil, so they aren't essential.

however, they are included for good reasons.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
the idea behind ba/bb is sterility. one helps keep it sterile in the vail, the other keeps it sterile in the body. AAS hormones don't really need either to be soluble in oil, so they aren't essential.

however, they are included for good reasons.

BB is only used topically as an anti-parasitic, but in the case of hormones its used as a solvent from what I have always known. Granted I don't know much, but you got a reference or something for me to read on BB keeping it sterile in the body? Cause in my broscience filled brain, it doesn't make sense that something would suddenly become unsterile in your body after you injected a sterile solution.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Glad u jumped in 1st....BB has nothing to do with sterility, never has, never will....

BB is only used topically as an anti-parasitic, but in the case of hormones its used as a solvent from what I have always known. Granted I don't know much, but you got a reference or something for me to read on BB keeping it sterile in the body? Cause in my broscience filled brain, it doesn't make sense that something would suddenly become unsterile in your body after you injected a sterile solution.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013

yeah...its around somewhere. cant remember where, but I will look it up for you.

still, you have to ask yourself - if esterfied hormones are fat (oil) soluble in their own right, then what are solvents needed for?

an alcohol swab is sufficient to clean a site pre-inject, so no issue there.

and, just because the gear was sterile when it went into the sterile vial doesn't mean there is no chance of contamination. the dynamic part of that equation is drawing. and this is taken into account by the major manufacturers who are subject to a lot more liabilities than a UGL. UGL sells you dirty shit, you destroy a bicep for life with a runaway abccess, and it's not like your gonna sue him.

Watson, schering and other FDA targeted giants - whole different ballgame. UGL rules just don't apply. So, yeah. they take the added measures.

some fool thinks he's gonna save money on pins...reuses em. a lot.

and he's a pig. lays the exposed pin on top his pizza box or beer can.

next day, draws. introduces a contaminent. could be biological. could be organic. the body's defenses don't care. and remember, a microscopic size contaminent is all that is needed for the body to react.

so, the fuk head gets and abcess. looses a good part of his thigh. hires a philidephia law firm of 700 lawyers that specialize in drug companies. big law suit. media sharks have a field day. the corps stocks plunge. lots of money lost, rep damaged....

and the rest...well, watch the news, read the paper.

im in a hurry so your gonna have to excuse the typos

but, look, its really not that complicated. a hormone - the ones we are interested in, really don't like water or oil it is the ester that makes them soluble, mostly in oil.

so you wanna make gear? go to the grocery store, pick up some safflower oil. dump in some powders - hopefully the perfect ratio that allows max oil saturation without the hormone, or some of it anyway, jumping back out (crashing). do it all on a mr. coffee hot plate (250 degrees). heat it until its clear (all dissolved). fresh sterile vial, syringe filter, large drawing pin and go to work. job done.

it just really isn't that complicated.

once in the body, the hormone comes out of the oil and into the blood where it uses the water content as the carrier to get it past the bodies mechanisms that would otherwise keep it out of the tissues.

and I dunno, maybe the BA and BB helps aid in the hormones solubility into the oil, but as far as I know, the esterfied hormone is fat soluble, period. needs no assistance. and oil is basically liquid fat.

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Along the lines of Intermolecular bonding - van der waals forces for high mg hormone mixes.

is where BB/BA comes in to play, Usually not necessary with low mg Test E which has a high partition coefficient.

BA is anesthetic at 1% in water and seems to be so at same level in oil. 4% in water is the max solubility of BA. Any higher and it separates.

While BA 'seems' to be more soluble in oil, fact is that that has a weak affinity with oil on the level of vander waals forces and then when you add something like a hormone for the BA to carry in addition, the ability of the BA to separate from the oil becomes very easy.

BB helps greatly with the higher mg hormone mixes, do to the fact it maintains solubility of the esterfied compound past the point at which BA has been removed, preventing crystaline precipitation.

Last edited:
TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
found this on something I printed out god only knows how long. doesn't say where it came from. still looking.

benzyl alcohol (BA):

A fairly potent solvent, whose main function for our purposes is keeping a solution bacteriostatic. It's presence as low as 0.9% is enough to prevent practically all microbial growth in solution.

benzyl alcohol (BA):

Is often the primary solvent and sometime the only solvent in a given formula. Its primary function is as a sterilizing agent. However, due to its solvency power it is often used to keep hormones in solution with oil or other vehicles. It is also one of the thinnest (that is best for viscosity reduction) The major drawback to this solvent is that it tends to make for painful injections if the concentration goes above 10%. (This is true for any low molecular weight alcohol). Less than this tends to be painless for most people.

Technical info: CAS # 100-51-6, Density is 1.05, Molecular weight is 108.14, Boiling point is 401f, Water solubility is 4.29g in 100ml.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
found this on something I printed out god only knows how long. doesn't say where it came from. still looking.

benzyl alcohol (BA):

A fairly potent solvent, whose main function for our purposes is keeping a solution bacteriostatic. It's presence as low as 0.9% is enough to prevent practically all microbial growth in solution.

benzyl alcohol (BA):

Is often the primary solvent and sometime the only solvent in a given formula. Its primary function is as a sterilizing agent. However, due to its solvency power it is often used to keep hormones in solution with oil or other vehicles. It is also one of the thinnest (that is best for viscosity reduction) The major drawback to this solvent is that it tends to make for painful injections if the concentration goes above 10%. (This is true for any low molecular weight alcohol). Less than this tends to be painless for most people.

Technical info: CAS # 100-51-6, Density is 1.05, Molecular weight is 108.14, Boiling point is 401f, Water solubility is 4.29g in 100ml.

Apocalypto

Apocalypto

Apr 11, 2013
I used BB in my stuff back in the day. Never had any problems with it at all

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
as far as i know bb is just a co-solvent

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic