Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Back to bodybuilding

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess, but having seen @bigaldevlin 's vids, I hope He doesn't ever do any of his stuff like when Platz did 500 x 23 in canary-yellow tights with Kaz watching ...... :D
For sure rawdeal, I'm actually currently training with two of his exhibition lifts in mind

I want to deffo go for the 23x500. Last year I did just 7reps on it, which is a current pb. But I've put a lot of strength on since then, so who knows I might be closer now!

Also my own father was a spot to Platz on another lift he did. 28reps on 180kg (4plates) a side. This was another exhibition WR that my dad broke a couple of years later doing 29 reps

I'm hoping to keep it in the family and go for 30reps on 180kg. This for sure is doable I'm hoping in a few years.

But yea thats one reason im such a platz fan, i had the joy of knowing him as a kid through my dad. Deffo left an impression on me :)

I

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
My most recent shoulder and triceps workout (including full write up)

Starting with partial overhead presses (to rear) to start things off. Tension built up massively in the delts by not locking out the triceps. Made 100kg feel proper hard by the time i worked up to it.

swiss camabered front press next. Cambered giving an extra 5 inches of movement at the bototm. Being in front it's not as isolated as rear press but involves the delts at different angle to ensure they had been used to the max.

Finally what I'd been looking forward to from the star. First time using my Swiss bar for French Press. Beauty of a movement made even more beautiful with this bar. Pushed it right to the limit on strength. Will be fun to do these whilst fresh to see how much more weight I can do

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
A day of impro, trying out different ways of doing movements using my bands. I love able based exercises, but no room or money to get kne in my garage, so I use bands where needed.

I changed the way I do lat pull downs. Not much different to before, but just a lot easier to set up, sometimes when it takes 10mins to set the equipment up you just can't be arsed. This way all I have to is throw my bench under my chin bar and throw some straps up. Easy peasy lemon squeezey

With that, all the other movements were done from the same position, just changing my grip on the bar or the elevation on my bench.

So overall did lat pull downs, rhomboid pull downs , wide grip pull down rower and the the only movement that required a change of setup- low pulley rowes.

Great pump, and the back responded well, I've put a lot of size on my back recently. Roughly 4 inches since ceimbo. So simply rinse and repeat.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Shoulders and Triceps today, with an opening movement of seated press with bands. Sets of 10 on an ascending bar, until failure, ending up with 70kg with 60lb band resistance. This was not only to get a good bite in the front delts but to pre exhaust the triceps for later. Still really keen to overbuild my triceps and front delts to help me build my max bench up, and compensate for the fact I have to have a narrow grip on bench due to the width of my cage.

Upright rowes to follow, which I find follows front press perfectly, as it continues to work the front delts a wee bit, but begins to also engage significantly the side delts. 45kg for 3 sets worked nicely.

Then some focused work on side delts, which I haven't trained enough over the years, so lots of extra work to make up for lost time! Side lateral raises to start and karlsen presses to end.

Skull press was then next on the menu, this actually hurt my inner elbow. Wasn't a huge weight, only 45kg, but it definitely stressed out my joints which hurt for a few days afterwards. So I kept that to just two sets, and moved on to some band work instead. With a superset of tricep push Downs and tricep pull downs. High volume work, which is what I swear by for these movements, with sets of 30reps on push downs followed by the superset counterpart of 20reps on pull downs.

Overall decent. Need to keep up side delts and triceps work for my bench. Will tak3 time to build them up but the plan seems sound

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
You wanna be a Viking!? Then learn how to row!

A combo of ASMR and a Pacemaker for rowing. I created this piece to help keep a steady "battle pace" whilst rowing, however its also very relaxing and so can be used as an ASMR piece also, for meditation or sleeping.

My intentions are to do longer pieces also. If my computer can handle the processing (this took days and days to produce) then my intention is release very soon a 1 hour piece for the serious hardcore rowers out there (or for a full lunch break of meditation). I would love to do a 8hour piece also (for the best nights sleep ever!) But that may be waaaaay to ambitious.

Still watch out for this space, and let us know if you want longer pieces. I'm also going to a faster piece at one point also - dubbed simply "RAMMING SPEED"

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
lol @bigaldevlin , there's an old movie called "Ben Hur" about Romans + Jews + Egyptians and boats and chariots and slaves and shit ... your young Brit self been watching that?

Six rows of slaves, three each side of the boat, keeping cadence to the guy thumping the drum ... being whipped to either keep cadence or die, and "ramming speed" would be the last Set for Back Day.

Row till ya drop ... good motivational film and ... good times :eek:

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic