Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Back to bodybuilding

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Today's bench press, I have decided to always try to do at leastsome incline everytime I bench now. Ideally making it the focus at the beginning. It's always been the weakest aspect of my bench, and for development its also key.

So I opened up with incline press on my cambered swiss bar. I prefer the feel of this in incline in comparison to the straight bar, maximum depth with more shoulder involvement (something I'm focusing on now) but with also less pressure on the shoulder joints.

Managed

5 sets of 4reps on 100kg 220lb
1 set of 3 reps 100kg 220lb

Then as the bar was already in position I decided to use the Swiss bar for some decline. A personal fave of mine.

I used the decline as an opportunity to do some back off work

60kg 135lb x 26reps

Great feeling from this. With me wanting just a wee bit more, and a good ol stretch also, I finished off with two sets of cable crossovers.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I see a name there, but my old eyeballs fail me ..........

Where'd you get the Swiss AND cambered Bar?
You could use that upside-down to approximate Board Presses too.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
I see a name there, but my old eyeballs fail me ..........

Where'd you get the Swiss AND cambered Bar?
You could use that upside-down to approximate Board Presses too.
Haha dont worry matey i had to take a good ol squint there also lol The bar is by gym Masters, a company based in England. And amazing idea buddy, I never thought of that, deffo adding that to the list of 'things to do' , wish it was chest day again so I could do them straight away lol

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Back and biceps workout.

Back was simple focusing on lat pull downs. Working up to 125lb, before then doing a heavy duty set mixing negatives and eccentric pauses into the reps.

The lat pull downs were done not only to work the back, but to pre-exhaust the arms.

With that in mind I moved onto Swiss curls. This is my second time ever doing these, but I am a huge fan. Worked on 40kg as my working set. These hit quick and hard, and I could have left it there. But I planned to fo some strict curls, and was committed to doing them.

So I did my struct curls on my ez bar with a total weight of 35kg. Leaning against my prone hyper extension kit to prevent any swing or momentum.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Soz guys posted the wrong vid above (just a trailer) so here is the full workout footage for my arms and back workout

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Back Workout in full, 29th Jan 2024, bulking with a focus on thickness using the Swiss bar for cambered Rowe movements.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
First time back training legs, since I picked up a small quad tear on 23rd Decemebr. So after roughly 6 weeks of rest, I testing my leg with a workout of leg extensions and leg curl. My final set for leg extensions being on 215lb.

Leg held out well, although it started to hurt on leg curl due to the pressure of the machine on my knee. So I ended after two sets of leg curl. But overall very happy, and at least I can now build up my confidence for squat! Hopefully within the month, I'll be back under the bar

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
So was just going through my old footage, deleting stuff to make room, and found the footage of my stag do that I forgot I had. So my stag do was a whole weekend, with all the usual shit, drinking, Axe throwing etc.. but in the mornings me and my mate Lade, attended the local Bodybuilding gym (ironworks) for what was some really fun workouts together. This for me was one of the best parts of the weekend. I edited up the Friday workout at the time, but I've just done the Saturday leg routine and thought I'd share them. Nice change of pace compared to my usual stuff as obvs it's down a gym rather than in my garage (and it's nice to have someone with me - who is inexperienced BTW so no need to comment on his technique - these were his first sessions with me)

Here is Fridays shoulder workout

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Here is Saturdays leg workout

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
It's been 94 days since I last deadlifted, combo of my quad tear, then shoulder injury and then for the last 10days I've been ill with a heavy flu. Still not feeling great but my gym itch was proper getting me, so I decided it was time to go in for a sesh.

I kept the reps low as I'm still coughing up loads of shit, so decided to take a weight over volume approach, with extended rest periods also.

Got to admit was soooo please. Good strength throughout. Started all my first lift with overhang grip and fat gripz. Kept the fat gropz on up to 160kg before I took them off.

Here is my last set. Not too heavy with 210kg. But seeming it's been over 3 months, I was extremely pleased, as this would be a decent lift on a good day.

Feeling like all my accessory work, which ticked me over during my recovery, has worked. Could have gone probs another 20kg-30kg heavier. But no need to push too hard too fast.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
First day back on squat, since my quad tear mid December. Feeling confident with how things felt on deadlift the other day.

And as a huge Tom Platz fan I thought id do what he always preaches - "15-20 reps on 3 plates a side"

I was a wee bit worried how my lungs would handle it, I'm still coughing quite a bit atm from the last stages of my flu, but sometime you just gotta throw caution to the wind.

I got full footage of the workout that I want to share, but need to edit, so here is just the final set. But I'll surmise the workout here quickly

Warmups

20kg 3 reps x 3sets
60kg 3reps x 3sets
100kg 2reps x 3sets
120kg 1rep
140kg 1 rep

140kg x 25reps

Felt good on the bar, was aiming for just 15-20reps, but it was super easy, so I pushed to 25.

Could have done a lot more if it was just based on strength, but fitness was the limit (probs could have pushed for 30 if I wanted).

Maybe when I can breathe fully ill try the 30 reps target and see how it goes.

Even so, I need to work more on cardio. I do bike every day but its just for Weight management on low intensity.

So I'll start rowing and interval hill sprinting more to build up my explosive cardio.

My target has always been (since I first started 21years ago) to do 30xreps in 180kg.

Best I've done is 20 if I remember correctly. I feel like I'm deffo getting closer to that target now

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic