Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Atmae Fitness training log, hopefully it will interest someone...

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Nice work dude!

I would love to be able to do a planch on the floor. I am not sure how to work up to doing it though.

Yeah I think it's a great skill on its own and once you get it will give you the base to perform a lot of the other moves.

I'm strictly a beginner myself at the 'gymnastic' side of things so note any advice I give is based on theory rather than experience.

Like with anything simplify the movements and use progressions to build up. I'm practicing these on the floor, balanced on two kettlebells and on the rings. I'm finding the floor the most difficult to control my balance etc at the mo.

The basic progressions for the method I'm using are frog stand, balancing with knees tucked into chest, then gradually moving out legs to further distances.
Work up to being able to accumulate a minute hold in the position with no resets and then move to next stage. Until you get this just go for a minutes total hold time - eg if after 20 secs you lose the position stop the clock and restart once back in position. Once you've got an idea of where you are you can take a more structured approach to this.

This approach suits me as its a secondary goal I'm aiming for so need a way to work towards it that doesn't interfere with my other goals.

I find this method slots in well to warm ups/cooldowns & general ab work or even if your feeling fresh and got a spare 5min drop down and practice.

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Workout Fri 6th Feb

Warm up inc:
Mobility Drills
Skipping
DL

Main:
Pyramid DL 2x5r @ 100kg, 6x6r @ 150kg (r/p 3min)
Jumping Good Mormings b/wt 5x4r
wt Pull ups 16kg 6, 5, 6, 5, 6 (90sec-2minr/p)
Band assisted Iso Single leg Squats (3 second holds at different points) 3x5r

Stretching & Hangs

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Workout Fri 6th Feb

Warm up inc:
Mobility Drills
Skipping
DL

Main:
Pyramid DL 2x5r @ 100kg, 6x6r @ 150kg (r/p 3min)
Jumping Good Mormings b/wt 5x4r
wt Pull ups 16kg 6, 5, 6, 5, 6 (90sec-2minr/p)
Band assisted Iso Single leg Squats (3 second holds at different points) 3x5r

Stretching & Hangs

Impressive brother!!! Good job!

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Workout Sat 7th Feb

Warm up Inc:
Mobility Drills
Glute Bridges 3x10
Bench

Main
Bench 6x5 @ 125kg (r/p 5min)
Almost hit the target with these today, needed a spot on the last rep of the 2nd to last set and the last two reps on the last set. Got two more sessions planned with this weight next week so should hit all reps right by then.
32kg KB Clean & press 5x4 ladders, toes to bar inbetween rungs, 3-5min skipping between sets.

Floor balance work
Stretching

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I'm pretty late to your log but it looks awesome. I'm glad to see you joined in on the log section. It's developed into something extremely unique over the past year. The support and ball busting we have in here is second to none lol. You look like a very well rounded athlete. I'm sure you and CTJ would kill some workouts together. Looking forward to following along!

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
I'm pretty late to your log but it looks awesome. I'm glad to see you joined in on the log section. It's developed into something extremely unique over the past year. The support and ball busting we have in here is second to none lol. You look like a very well rounded athlete. I'm sure you and CTJ would kill some workouts together. Looking forward to following along!

Thanks, the log sections great, I've been reading through a lot of them trying to catch up to where people are at/going and its all impressive stuff both in terms of whats written and the feedback given. The ball busting pretty good to, got some quick wits on here.

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Workout Sun 8th Feb

Warm up inc:
Mobility drills
HS plank
DL

Main
DL off raised platform 152kg x4, 178kg x4, 205kg 5x4r
DL off blocks 178kg x4, 205kg x4, 215kg 4x4r, 215 x3
(target was 5x4@215 but didn't get last rep)
Wt Pull Ups 16kg 4,3,3,3,4

Stretches & hangs

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I've been a quiet reader, a nice change of perspective and goals with a ton of detail in here! Thanks for sharing

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic