Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Arthrogram

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
I'm going in on wed. for a arthrogram of my left shoulder. Anyone ever have this done?? I've never had one. It was basically explained to me by my doc as, they numb my shoulder, pump it full of dye, then take the mri.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I've had it... it's not too bad at all, just takes some time

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
I've had it... it's not too bad at all, just takes some time

What body part did you have done?? And what exactly did it show?? I'm wondering if scar tissue from blasting my delts so much is going to show up..

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
I had one done on my left shoulder last year before my rotater cuff surgery. It's basically what you said. They numb it with a topical ointment of sorts, then they stick a long needle into your delt and inject it full of dye. They were looking at my rotater cuff, so they injected it into my rear delt. Then they take pictures using some type of MRI machine. It's not too bad. To answer your question about scar tissue, yes, it does show up on an MRI. My doc told me I had a ton of scar tissue in my shoulder but never asked me any questions about it.

Why are you having this done?

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
My left shoulder has been killing me for a long time, over a year now. I thought it was just sore from training. The doc wants to see what's going on. I train shoulders and don't really have any issues. It hurts dong the simplest movements, like pouring a glass of milk. Seems to hurts the most doing chest movements. I've gotten away from any straight bar, pretty much all dumb bells and smith machines on chest day.

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
had one. no big deal. doc/pt confidentiality applies so no worries about the scar tissue

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic