Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Are biceps curls with STRAIGHT bars safe or not?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Straight bar curls put more stress on MY brachialis than I am comfy with at my Golden age I use ez curls and db concentration curls on BOTH of my twice yearly bicep workouts...lol:fish2:

Great arms come mostly from working back, chest, and delts IMO.

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
Thanks all you guys, I am going to a brand new EZ bar.

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
unless you plan on being the next Arnold, don't think you or anyone really should think that injuries are necessary to lift.....lift smart and you will get strong :)
Exactly, I prefer to lift smart and eat smart :)

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
Straight bar curls put more stress on MY brachialis than I am comfy with at my Golden age I use ez curls and db concentration curls on BOTH of my twice yearly bicep workouts...lol:fish2:

Great arms come mostly from working back, chest, and delts IMO.
I lot of people don't isolate biceps and triceps, I prefer to isolate them. I am not a curl monkey though lol

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I lot of people don't isolate biceps and triceps, I prefer to isolate them. I am not a curl monkey though lol

LOL well I applaud you trying to educate yourself and keep it up brother!!

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
"I've torn pectoral muscles, fibers in my knee, in my thighs, and once I had to have an operation to repair torn cartilage. Generally you let muscles heal by themselves or get cortisone shots. Injuries happen when your mind is beyond your body, largely when you think you're King Kong and lift weights heavier than the body can handle"
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER in 1977.

lol alright you know pain. just this morning I was on the preacher curl with 45lb dumbells and I had that talk with myself. I new if I turned away from the bench I new I could get two reps. But it puts tons of stress on my bi's. So I opted to get only one un-helped rep and face the bench in favor of walking out of the gym without a torn arm. I'm big now and can train Tomorow.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Hurts me like a mofo down backside of fore arm. Ez curl bar is my choice when using a bar.

DrMehta

DrMehta

Apr 5, 2014
If it hurts, don't do it. And mean hurt in a bad way. You can build great bis without them.
True. I have two very good friends who almost never did them and both have the best natty biceps I have ever seen.

As for straight bar curls, I am of the opinion they are very damaging long term, so do them sparingly.

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
LOL well I applaud you trying to educate yourself and keep it up brother!!
Thanks brother, I used to think that biceps isolation were not essential. So I am keeping educating myself and reeducating myself too.

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
lol alright you know pain. just this morning I was on the preacher curl with 45lb dumbells and I had that talk with myself. I new if I turned away from the bench I new I could get two reps. But it puts tons of stress on my bi's. So I opted to get only one un-helped rep and face the bench in favor of walking out of the gym without a torn arm. I'm big now and can train Tomorow.
Wise decision man lol though the only pec tear that I have heard here in one local gym happened to a guy who was a juice user.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Wise decision man lol though the only pec tear that I have heard here in one local gym happened to a guy who was a juice user.

thats a whole different ball game.. anyway,if I could go back 20 years, I would have stopped direct bicep training all together, it is when I started 5x5 training, the first time in my weightlifting ''career'' my arms grew to a very respectable muscular 19 5/8''...just something for you to think about.

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014

I tore my pec in half doing 90lb flys. Took 9 yrs to fully recover. I screamed like a little girl. For a long time lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic