Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Any benefit to switching esters?

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
For the most part yes that's what I believe and what the research supports. I like your analogy with the vodka bottle, it works well, but I would say in both cases your blood alcohol level goes up one just does it faster and to a higher peak than the other. Applying this to AAS just means the shorter esters peak higher and quicker. The body doesn't react to the ester. The ester is hydrolyzed by enzymes in the blood. The longer the ester the less more oil soluble it becomes and the longer it takes to hydrolyze the ester. The ester does not change the activity of the parent steroid in any way besides to slow down the metabolism of it. The differences you may notice is due to such a rapid release and a quicker elevation of blood levels. Some argue that these shorter, higher peaks are better for building strength and mass than ones with a lower peak and slower release. My last cycle I pinned enanthate once a week instead of every 3.5days. The differences weren't earth shattering but I preferred once weekly pinning.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes more sense to me now. So would you say that pinning once a week was worse and that pining ed would be optimal or is there a point of diminishing returns when it gets to that point?

Edit: I just re-read it that you said the differences WEREN'T earth shattering. Sorry, long day I guess lol.

Last edited:
D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Thanks for the explanation. Makes more sense to me now. So would you say that pinning once a week was worse and that pining ed would be optimal or is there a point of diminishing returns when it gets to that point?

I think the sides one may experience are highly individual and how sensitive you are to hormonal fluctuations but I would rather pin once a week than twice and I believe it to be better for me and my goals. The higher peaks of once a week pinning didn't give me any different or worse sides and it can be argued that it maybe better for gains. The differences aren't that big, for me at least, and I don't imagine it to make much of a difference beyond user preference.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I almost exclusively run test e. I haven't used cyp in years. Has anyone found any benefit to switching esters? Has anyone had issues with cyp in higher concentrations?

I ran Test E almost exclusively myself before hrt and switching to Cyp. Haven't noticed any growth or other issues\benefits, I did notice my skin is not nearly as oily as with Enth. The only thing I can say about Cyp in higher concentrations is it does pinch a lil more and it falls out, never had enth fall out

But I'm not a Doctor or scientist, just my experience with it

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
For the most part yes that's what I believe and what the research supports. I like your analogy with the vodka bottle, it works well, but I would say in both cases your blood alcohol level goes up one just does it faster and to a higher peak than the other. Applying this to AAS just means the shorter esters peak higher and quicker. The body doesn't react to the ester. The ester is hydrolyzed by enzymes in the blood. The longer the ester the less more oil soluble it becomes and the longer it takes to hydrolyze the ester. The ester does not change the activity of the parent steroid in any way besides to slow down the metabolism of it. The differences you may notice is due to such a rapid release and a quicker elevation of blood levels. Some argue that these shorter, higher peaks are better for building strength and mass than ones with a lower peak and slower release. My last cycle I pinned enanthate once a week instead of every 3.5days. The differences weren't earth shattering but I preferred once weekly pinning.
Good post ^^

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic