MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I've used 300 and it was ok. Higher than that and there seems to be problems

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Ok I'm confused. Certainly not arguing.
Let's say you started with test e for eight weeks. Then went to prop. Wouldn't that give you inconsistent levels as the test e would still be in your system ?

Exactly. And the "receptors" theory is pure Broscience . . .

While there may be a benefit to changing esters, Test is test is test. So the difference between esters is half life of the compound. In my experience Test E and Test C are nearly identical and I see no change when switching between them. I have used Test P but not often enough to notice a difference, except fluctuating hormone levels, which IMO we don't want, because than means you get nasty side effects.

I imagine any real benefit of switching compounds, if there is one, would come from switching between non-test AAS such as Tren, Deca, Dbol, Adrol, Masteron, Equipose, etc., etc.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The switching of esters has never made sense to me from an intellectual point of view. The hormone is test, once it cleaves from the ester, test is test, and doesn't look any different to the body after cleaving from the cyp ester as opposed to the prop ester. So I don't think it should matter.

Having said that, I've seen these aleegedly pro cycles that switch esters every 2 or 4 weeks, and it simply makes no sense to me. If that' truly what they do, and they're a pro, I hate to throw rocks at objective success, but it just appears to be plain silly to me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
My brother got back to me fast. he says:

To protect the receptors and so the body has less chance to get used to it. Keeps the body guessing and thus continuing optimal response.

This is an old way of thinking and is just not accurate. If you run 1g test for 12 weeks you will gain size in a caloric surplus. At some point you will stop gaining size but not because of receptors or some nonsense. It's because you are larger and require more calories. Up the food and you will begin to grow again.

Only point I see in switching esters would be stopping long esters and switching to short ones prior to pct. You can cut down on the misery of slowly declining total test by dropping the e or c and getting on base ace or prop.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I realize a lot of this is bro science. But at least it brought up a decent discussion.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I could see switching fromtest e or cyp to prop towards the end of a cycle but otherwise it doesn't make logical sense to me. Now switching non test compounds like tren, masteron, winny,eq and such makes sense but even them I'm still skeptical.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
The switching of esters has never made sense to me from an intellectual point of view. The hormone is test, once it cleaves from the ester, test is test, and doesn't look any different to the body after cleaving from the cyp ester as opposed to the prop ester. So I don't think it should matter.

Having said that, I've seen these aleegedly pro cycles that switch esters every 2 or 4 weeks, and it simply makes no sense to me. If that' truly what they do, and they're a pro, I hate to throw rocks at objective success, but it just appears to be plain silly to me.

This is an old way of thinking and is just not accurate. If you run 1g test for 12 weeks you will gain size in a caloric surplus. At some point you will stop gaining size but not because of receptors or some nonsense. It's because you are larger and require more calories. Up the food and you will begin to grow again.

Only point I see in switching esters would be stopping long esters and switching to short ones prior to pct. You can cut down on the misery of slowly declining total test by dropping the e or c and getting on base ace or prop.

Agree with these two^^^.

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013

I'm not a scientist, I will preface my total discussion on that lol.

But isn't an ester a delivery vessel per se? How the body reacts to the ester is, in fact, how it assimilated the hormone. So while the prop ester attached to test won't give you as much water as the enan that ester, the prop ester won't give you any water when attached to masteron or trenbolone.

To me at least, this would say that different esters will have differing affects on the absorption of the hormone. If you drink a gallon of vodka in a day, you would be very ill. But of it took you five days to drink that same bottle, you would have completely different effects.

How does that relate to steroids? Idk, it's just a topic of conversation and possibly something I hope someone smarter than I am can answer. Cheers!

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I'm not a scientist, I will preface my total discussion on that lol.

But isn't an ester a delivery vessel per se? How the body reacts to the ester is, in fact, how it assimilated the hormone. So while the prop ester attached to test won't give you as much water as the enan that ester, the prop ester won't give you any water when attached to masteron or trenbolone.

To me at least, this would say that different esters will have differing affects on the absorption of the hormone. If you drink a gallon of vodka in a day, you would be very ill. But of it took you five days to drink that same bottle, you would have completely different effects.

How does that relate to steroids? Idk, it's just a topic of conversation and possibly something I hope someone smarter than I am can answer. Cheers!

Masteron and trenbolone are both non-aromatizing steroids though.

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
Masteron and trenbolone are both non-aromatizing steroids though.

Ok, while that is true, do you belive that regardless of the ester, each compound has the same effect on someone? Like is the only difference between tren e and tren a the fact that one needs to be administered ed and the other e3d?

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Ok, while that is true, do you belive that regardless of the ester, each compound has the same effect on someone? Like is the only difference between tren e and tren a the fact that one needs to be administered ed and the other e3d?

For the most part yes that's what I believe and what the research supports. I like your analogy with the vodka bottle, it works well, but I would say in both cases your blood alcohol level goes up one just does it faster and to a higher peak than the other. Applying this to AAS just means the shorter esters peak higher and quicker. The body doesn't react to the ester. The ester is hydrolyzed by enzymes in the blood. The longer the ester the less more oil soluble it becomes and the longer it takes to hydrolyze the ester. The ester does not change the activity of the parent steroid in any way besides to slow down the metabolism of it. The differences you may notice is due to such a rapid release and a quicker elevation of blood levels. Some argue that these shorter, higher peaks are better for building strength and mass than ones with a lower peak and slower release. My last cycle I pinned enanthate once a week instead of every 3.5days. The differences weren't earth shattering but I preferred once weekly pinning.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic