Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Andrology: Tolerability of intramuscular injections of testosterone ester in oil vehicle

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
As stated ASPIRATE!!
If you hit a vein once you will become a believer in this simple step that can save your ass a lot of misery.

Didn't Milos Sarcev go to the emergency room once for getting sooo much oil in his blood supply from a shot that he couldn't breath for shit as it was blocking the uptake in his lungs?
I believe it was early to mid 90's

Yea he posted about it on Nichols board, his case was synthol into a vein. Definitely remember that thread.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I have always aspirated too. Never injected if drawing blood. I have had the cough several times through the years. This is a subject that has interested me for some time since a really bad "coughing" incident.

I came across an article that was published this year. It was about approving the Undecanoate ester for HRT/TRT patients. There was a company trying to get it approved to stop frequent injects. The company was trying to prove that the anaphylactic reactions were due to bad injection techniques. I think they were just about there.

I will do my best to find the article and company in the article to see if it has been approved yet.

I don't want to think that bad inject technique is the problem either. I consider myself pretty handy with a pin :(

HDH

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Found the article. It was by Nelson Vergel. Here it is-

Less Frequent Injections: Testosterone Buciclate and Testosterone Undecanoate

New types of testosterone replacement therapies that require less frequent injections may soon be available in the United States and may already be available in several other countries around the world. Two such testosterone formulations include long-acting esters: testosterone buciclate and testosterone undecanoate.

TESTOSTERONE BUCICLATE
This long acting testosterone injectable ester last longer than other injectable any in the body. For this reason, it has been studied by the World Health Organization as a male contraceptive, since testosterone injections can lower sperm counts and this option would require fewer injections per year. The studies were done in the 1990′s but no pharmaceutical company picked up the rights in the United States. A search in clinicaltrails.gov found no current studies. Some internet sites sell the product but I do not know their quality. It is illegal to order testosterone or anabolic steroids on the internet in the United States, even for people with HIV who have a prescription. Although it is almost impossible for customs to intercept all packages, it does happen. You may not go to jail but will have a warning sent to your house as they intercept and throw away your order.

This testosterone ester stays in the body for a few weeks after one injection. A study done using intramuscular injection of 600 mg of T buciclate to hypogonadal men produced serum testosterone concentrations within the normal range for about 8 weeks with a terminal elimination half- life of 29.5 days (day when only half of the product remains in the body) . Serum dehydrotestosterone (DHT
) concentrations were within the normal range; estradiol was only slightly increased above normal; sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) did not change; and gonadotropins (LH and FSH) were significantly suppressed. No adverse biochemical or prostate responses were re- ported. It is unknown if this preparation will find use for male contraceptive therapy or replacement for hypogonadism.

TESTOSTERONE UNDECANOATE
This option may get approve within the next few months in the United States with the brand name Aveed. It is sold in many countries as Nebido.

Intramuscular injections of 500 and 1000 mg of testosterone undecanoate (TU) in hypogonadal men resulted in increased mean serum T levels from less than 10 nmol/L to 47.8 and 54.2 nmol/L, respectively, after about 1 week. Thereafter, serum T levels decreased progressively and reached the lower-normal limit for adult men by day 50 and 60 and had a terminal elimination half-life of 18.3 and 23.7 days, respectively. Estradiol and DHT followed the pattern of T and remained within normal limits. In these short-term studies, no serious side effects were noted.

Aveed will most probably get approved after the company proves that the coughing caused by the injections in a few people is not related to the product but to injection technique. Anaphylactic reactions are common side effects with all approved testosterone injectables due to bad injection technique, so it is amazing that the FDA delayed the approval of Aveed based on a side effect that is well known with currently available testosterone products in the United States. Common symptoms of anaphylactic reactions with testosterone injections are cough and dizziness that subside after a few minutes. It is believed that this happens when testosterone enters the blood stream and ends up in the lungs (injections are meant to form a “pocket” for slow release in the muscle. Some people may inject in a blood vessel and have anaphylactic reactions). I have had this reaction and found a quick solution to it: breathe into a paper bag until the cough stops.

Nelson

I highlighted the last sentence :cool:

Anybody try that with the bag?

Bet someone will. LOL

It seems that it's been approved in 86 other countries. Leave it to the US to hold the shit up.

FDA approval status found on drugs.com-

Aveed FDA Approval Status - Drugs.com

This was all I could find at endo.com-

http://www.endo.com/flash/productpipeline.swf

What I would like to find are the studies relating to anaphylactic reactions caused by bad inject technique.

Call in the troops!!!

I might need a little help :eek:

A bit rusty on my searches :eek:

HDH

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Yeah Buciclate can last up to 3 months from what I read on another article...but requires a heavy frontload.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
basicaly what there saying HDH is pulmonary oil microembolism is worse with a bad inject, BA in that depot of that buciclate T inject as well as BB, can give some anaphylactic reactions for some.
the below is an example of B-12 and the BA cauisng this girls alergic reactions.

Adverse reactions to vitamin B12 injections due to benzyl alcohol sensitivity: successful treatment with intranasal cyanocobalamin - Turvey - 2004 - Allergy - Wiley Online Library

the use of BA in Hospitals around infants is very limited do to the gasping syndrome noted with BA and of infants as well

Benzyl alcohol plasma concentrations and the infant gasping syndrome:
The report that was authored by the provided values from
published literature reports of the serum benzyl alcohol concentrations that were
observed in premature infants reported to have developed the toxic effect characterized as
“the gasping syndrome” after multiple injections of heparinized bacteriostatic sodium
chloride for flushing the catheters, over several days. The published reports linked the
gasping syndrome with the presence of benzyl alcohol (0.9%) as a preservative in
solutions used to flush umbilical catheters based on the measurement of levels of benzyl
alcohol and/or its metabolites in serum and urine.
Basically, the highest plasma concentration (2.99 mcg/mL) of benzyl alcohol that
was observed in the second bioavailability study Sc-LA-08-01 was about 44 fold lower
than the plasma concentration of benzyl alcohol (~ 109.2 mcg/mL or 1.01 mmol/L)
reported (Gershanik et.al, 1982) in infants reported to have developed “the gasping
syndrome” (Please refer to the clinical review for further details on the potential safety
impact of the systemic absorption of benzyl alcohol).

Benzyl benzoate has shown similar allergic reactions as well, put those two to together in some of the mixes with the shorter acidic esters and you will get some serious allergic reactions in most with bad injecting techniques.

Last edited:
HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
basicaly what there saying HDH is pulmonary oil microembolism is worse with a bad inject, BA in that depot of that buciclate T inject as well as BB, can give some anaphylactic reactions for some.
the below is an example of B-12 and the BA cauisng this girls alergic reactions.

Adverse reactions to vitamin B12 injections due to benzyl alcohol sensitivity: successful treatment with intranasal cyanocobalamin - Turvey - 2004 - Allergy - Wiley Online Library

the use of BA in Hospitals around infants is very limited do to the gasping syndrome noted with BA and of infants as well

Benzyl benzoate has shown similar allergic reactions as well, put those two to together in some of the mixes with the shorter acidic esters and you will get some serious allergic reactions in most with bad injecting techniques.

Good info first of all.

I like a good discussion. It gets the ol wheels turning in the dust box and I might even get to learn a thing or two.

I understand about the reactions but I was more concerned with the injection technique that actually causes the reaction. How can we tell if the inject will cause that? What actually makes the injection technique bad?

I have always aspirated. I figured if I hit a vein I would have a better chance of knowing by drawing that plunger back a bit.

Hell, it might be up in the air.

I appreciate your thoughts,
HDH

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Well there is always the risk of injects being done properly and yet still having nicked a vein. And you can still get those symptoms having done everything right.

Of course Aspirate,

site of inejct with the proper GA and needle length.

Your always better going with the smallest GA needle if you can which reduces the possibilties of nicking veins , or at least making it less severe.

injecting slowly as not to create pocket or sterile abcess.

not injecting by nerves! lol well that one will let you know in a hury if you got the wrong spot.

injects that are not deep enuff leaking in between the facia can cause sterile abscesses as well.

If your hiting glutes and can't keep the damn needle steady than have someone who knows what there doing inject for you,
keep that damn needle steady! (helps to reduce the chances of vein nicking as well)

Never use a Pin you used to with draw with imo (especialy with the biger needles) although some of the damn nurses and docs do.
sure you've seen that nasty pic posted everywhere of a needle used more than once, having that nasty hook on the back of it working like a fish hook in your flesh & veins?

some pointers and I know you've heard most of that bro.

I got some detailed crap I will throw up on inject techniques, although GS and others have already posted some good info on this as well.

Last edited:
HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Cool, my search will continue. (some other time) LOL

Thanks.
HDH

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Bump the true wisdom of our fallen big brother teacher and friend Shine - miss ya bro rip

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic