Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

2 hrs post op

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Just got home from my sinus surgery. Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) with septoplasty. This hurts more than my hip surgery.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Good luck with your recovery

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
ah damn dude , rest up and feel better.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
We will see if bp157 at tb500 help my face as much as my hip recovery. I'm supposed to wear this bandage around my face for 2 days but I've already stopped bleeding and drainage. Don't know if two days is a precaution or if there's any correlation to the peptides. I'm sure if I sneeze I will shoot blood clots everywhere and bleed lol

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Man brother, hope you heal up quick. I heard that kinda surgery sucks.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
@Thrawn
When I had my deviated septum done there were no fancy peptides or bpc's and all that ,, im curious to see how that works ,, don't you have to basically site inject that ? so youll be pinning your face ? ,,, eeeek n shit

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Good luck in your recovery that does not sound fun at all. Damn

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
@Thrawn
When I had my deviated septum done there were no fancy peptides or bpc's and all that ,, im curious to see how that works ,, don't you have to basically site inject that ? so youll be pinning your face ? ,,, eeeek n shit
Supposably the closer to injury the better but I'll just keep injecting near my hip. 16 hrs post op still no more bleeding or drainage, have to use neti pot six times a day. about every 2 hours it feels dry so I use saline. Stints get removed on the 17th, I sure hope they numb it taking them out because if not I think it's going to hurt lol I was deviated in two places but I only heard them talking about fixing one side so i'll follow up and get more info on that. Nostrils appear to be wider, nose is straighter but still see a slight angle, perhaps swelling or perception. No pain in sinus cavity from drilling larger passages. Most frustrating so far is not being allowed to blow my nose.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Bro I have had that done 2x and it sucked but I did not think it was that terrible. Now pulling out the stints...I almost came out of the chair and smacked the doc. I could not believe how big they were and how they got them up my beak!

My nose is messed up again. I live on afrin. I know it is bad but until I quit boxing, or suddenly get good I am not gonna mess with it. Did they also trim the turbinates and remove polyps? I am sure they did.

Last time I had it fixed my son was my ride home and my wife was away on work. He had a flat tire and was 15 weeks post major back surgery (he does dumb stuff like his dad) and could not lift more than 10 lbs. So, I changed the tire, People were driving by seeing blood pouring from my nose maxipad thing taped to my face and no one helped. I would not have let them anyway but it would have been nice to ask.

the benefits are incredible bro. Well worth the few weeks of discomfort.

Best of luck to ya, hope you do not look like a racoon.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Bro I have had that done 2x and it sucked but I did not think it was that terrible. Now pulling out the stints...I almost came out of the chair and smacked the doc. I could not believe how big they were and how they got them up my beak!

My nose is messed up again. I live on afrin. I know it is bad but until I quit boxing, or suddenly get good I am not gonna mess with it. Did they also trim the turbinates and remove polyps? I am sure they did.

Last time I had it fixed my son was my ride home and my wife was away on work. He had a flat tire and was 15 weeks post major back surgery (he does dumb stuff like his dad) and could not lift more than 10 lbs. So, I changed the tire, People were driving by seeing blood pouring from my nose maxipad thing taped to my face and no one helped. I would not have let them anyway but it would have been nice to ask.

the benefits are incredible bro. Well worth the few weeks of discomfort.

Best of luck to ya, hope you do not look like a racoon.
They never mentioned turbinates or polyps, they just said I had really tiny sinus passage ways that needed to be widened, and an S shaped nose since I was deviated on one side in the rear and of the other side on the front. I found it odd the recovery nurse called to follow up about surgery and asked if I remembered anything in the operating room? I said no is there something I should know? and then she told me to have a good day and hung up lol
I'm with you on the afrin I used it so much I lost sense of smell and taste.
It's unfortunate nobody stopped to help you or even offered. Sadly, it's just getting more common not to help.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
They never mentioned turbinates or polyps, they just said I had really tiny sinus passage ways that needed to be widened, and an S shaped nose since I was deviated on one side in the rear and of the other side on the front. I found it odd the recovery nurse called to follow up about surgery and asked if I remembered anything in the operating room? I said no is there something I should know? and then she told me to have a good day and hung up lol
I'm with you on the afrin I used it so much I lost sense of smell and taste.
It's unfortunate nobody stopped to help you or even offered. Sadly, it's just getting more common not to help.
DUDE! I bet you woke up during surgery, at least partially. That is crazy! Best of luck to ya. It is maddening trying to sleep with your nose 100% plugged up. Last time my beak got broke (I thought I posted this before but I guess I did not) My coach got 4-5 wooden q-tips in each hand for cuts in boxing. Had a camp mate hold my head still, stuck each bundle of sticks up my nose and straightened it manually without pain killers. I think I went into light shock but it saved me a lot of $$$$ from going to the ENT and having it stinted. the pic is straight on and cannot really be appreciated without the whole thing. I let it heal like that, it is not straight but not bad either and as long as I am moving I can breathe through it a little bit. At night when I sleep is when I use afrin. Never during the day. I do not care how it looks. I wear a face saver head gear now when sparring, the young fellas make fun of me and call it a space helmet but I do not care. If I get the better of them I ask them if it feels bad to have been gotten over by an old moon man. Rarely happens though.

When those stints come out, you will feel that cool air go up your nose and you will feel supercharged until it gets plugged up with bloody boogers and such. When the swelling is done and the nose is clear it is a wonderful thing

Cheers bro! bro.
beak broke.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic