Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Pillar's Log

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Someone brought their squat in stance wise, brought more quad into the lift, and probably had even slight forward knee travel and that all equaled more weight on the bar and hitting depth easier....

Next thing you know you'll break out the oly shoes....
Not yet. Ristos stay in the bag. After tempering my calves I have shit loads of ankle ROM. The flat shoe still let's me take advantage of my retarded hamstrings. I find descending into the hole easier as well. With the heel i tend to dive bomb.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I stopped a sink that was gushing like old faithful while everyone else squatted....

Fun Sunday

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I stopped a sink that was gushing like old faithful while everyone else squatted....

Fun Sunday
This is why I hire people.

Good for the economy good for peace at home good for my total.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Felt awesome all day and ready to kick the shit out of dl. Made the mistake I give everyone I coach shit about. Preconceived numbers. Gotta just follow the fucking rpe

Warm up- ex wife everything

Comp deadlift
Warm ups
135 x 10 ZERO HIP PAIN
225 x 5
315 x 2
405 x 2
455 x 2
520 x 2 x 6 back was rounding so dropped weight
495 x ZEEEEROOOO lol @42 or so

Duffalo bench 57lb bar but not doing the math. Just add 17 to the weights
Bar x 10
95 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 5
265 x 5 x 5 - all good reps. Shoulders stayed in the bench. Triceps worked hard firing like they should. Lats flared and didn't move. This bar is incredible for drilling your bench position.

Paused conventional deadlift at the knee with lock out.
Since I blew up my rpe above instead of a top set of 5 I did 5x5 at lower intensity @7-@8. Also did these Romanian to keep from pulling dead stop off the floor.
225 x 5
315 x 5 x 5

Did a shit ton the body work on a few people after...

Also had an awesome day with Kid Portugal. His pull has always looked like two motions. Basically bar comes up his shins then doesn't contact the thighs because he isn't fucking the bah. We got him with the cue drive thru the floor. Immediately his ass moved into the bar. We watched set 1 move sort of ok. Then all remaining sets he was smashing. I seriously estimate this cue put 30lbs on his max pull. No joke.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
That's a lot of work. How do you like the Ex-Wife?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That's a lot of work. How do you like the Ex-Wife?
You don't ask that question. Nobody likes having an ex wife.

Yet oddly it's become essential. Work that used to take me 20 minutes and several treatments takes like 45 seconds now.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
You don't ask that question. Nobody likes having an ex wife.

Yet oddly it's become essential. Work that used to take me 20 minutes and several treatments takes like 45 seconds now.

lol, I've been very interested in having one made or making one.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Great training day. Had low expectations since this is day 3 no break... my whole body aches but honestly I missed this. Probably won't be saying that come over reach. But not even thinking future. One day at a time. AND I AM NOT SETTLING FOR LESS IN TRAINING. just making that clear for anyone listening ;)

Comp bench
Worked up to 5x5 @8
275 x 5 x 5 nothing heavy. Pecs and tris were tired from yesterday but I met the rpe by the last set. Form was on fucking point every single rep too.

Belt squat with narrow stance- need to beat the fuck out of my quads... let my knees dump forward as well. Done on boxes so I could go baawlz deep in them bitches
1 plate x 10
2 x 10
3 x 10
4 x 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
I haven't had a quad pump in YEARS. That feels amazing except it made all my quad separation go away :(

Bench assistance- pecs were fried so did pushdown
Red band moderate resistance 10 sets of 20

Plate pinches, reverse curls and hammer curls

Didn't wanna leave really. But shouldn't have kept going

K

Kid Portugal

Jun 29, 2015
Great training day. Had low expectations since this is day 3 no break... my whole body aches but honestly I missed this. Probably won't be saying that come over reach. But not even thinking future. One day at a time. AND I AM NOT SETTLING FOR LESS IN TRAINING. just making that clear for anyone listening ;)

Comp bench
Worked up to 5x5 @8
275 x 5 x 5 nothing heavy. Pecs and tris were tired from yesterday but I met the rpe by the last set. Form was on fucking point every single rep too.

Belt squat with narrow stance- need to beat the fuck out of my quads... let my knees dump forward as well. Done on boxes so I could go baawlz deep in them bitches
1 plate x 10
2 x 10
3 x 10
4 x 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
I haven't had a quad pump in YEARS. That feels amazing except it made all my quad separation go away :(

Bench assistance- pecs were fried so did pushdown
Red band moderate resistance 10 sets of 20

Plate pinches, reverse curls and hammer curls

Didn't wanna leave really. But shouldn't have kept going
Nice training i like the one day at a time approach

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Breakthrough squat day...

SSB SQUAT
335 for 15 x 2
Vid of sets 7 and 15
Somehow ended the session at 6rpe still lol

Sumo block pull
245 x 5
335 x 3
425 x 2
515 x 1 flew
595 lol'd it was so easy. Didn't actually know what was on the bar (vid)
645 for 3 singles (vid)

Split squat
25 x 5 x 10

I haven't had a good leg pump in like forevah... felt amazing. Finally had a God damn good squat day. Dys and I really found my groove on the last couple sets so while set 11 was @8 sets 14 and 15 were @6

Technique matters people!!!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Sportin a sexy farmers tan....

Nice squats and pulls. I haven't convinced myself to use the SSB yet. I still just break out the TSB for all squats.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic