Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Pillar's Log

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
Do all you guys live in the same neighborhood or something? I'm jealous. Where I live nobody even lifts.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Do all you guys live in the same neighborhood or something? I'm jealous. Where I live nobody even lifts.

I travel they travel. It can be well worth the cost to spend even a day in the gym with someone who has something to share with you (besides herpes).

Kid Portugal here is actually on my team. But herm lives quite a distance from me. We are long distance lovers.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That's pretty awesome. You all travel but it's not too far. Traveling an hour or 2 each way to train with great people is invaluable.

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
I travel they travel. It can be well worth the cost to spend even a day in the gym with someone who has something to share with you (besides herpes).

Kid Portugal here is actually on my team. But herm lives quite a distance from me. We are long distance lovers.

It's a little too far for me right now. If you ever open a Strength First gym in the Midwest or if you fly in to see all our beautiful farms and cornfields count me in for a full day of lifting though.

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Benched 335 x 2.9 something about 335 that keeps fucking me up. It's in my head.

Reverse band amrap 335 x 8

Uppah back 5 x 8-10
Triceps 5 x 10

K

Kid Portugal

Jun 29, 2015
Benched 335 x 2.9 something about 335 that keeps fucking me up. It's in my head.

Reverse band amrap 335 x 8

Uppah back 5 x 8-10
Triceps 5 x 10

its all a mental for your bench was looking on point yesterday.
and you had no issues with the revers bands on there, put it behind you and focuse on the next training day one session at a time

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Next time jump to 345 from 315. Get out of your own head.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
So most guys running #bullyyoga know the 4th day as a fluff day. Some bodybuilding shit.

I am using mine for active recovery but more important to strengthen my piece of shit adductor(s). Hence my exercise selection for the most part.

Belt squat on boxes going balls deep
2 plates x 10 reps paused x 5 sets
Superset to single leg Romanian deadlift with a kettlebell
70lb kb x 10 reps x 5 sets

Reverse hyper
4 plates x 10 reps x 5 sets
QL pumped hard here

Team started showing up so dealt with some of their issues for a bit. Taught them some body tempering stuff mostly. Worked on thunder thighs plantar issues. I used the atomic dildo on her anterior Tib while ranging her ankle. Then smashed the calf with the ex wife. She had ZERO pain or discomfort and all sorts of new range in 5 minutes.

Then did some sled drags... dys suggested these for adductor work. Basically did walking side lunges while dragging about 60lbs with me. Did 4 laps.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Quick feeder session for arms this morning at home

All sets done with 15 seconds rest

Triceps push downs
10 x 10 with micro mini

Biceps curl
10 x 10 with micro mini

Side raises
25lbs x 10 x 10

Facepulls
10 x 10 with micro mini

Actually saw some damn veins in my arms after this. I have the worst bodybuilding genetics which includes very thick skin. Vascularity for me is always hidden. Was kinda motivating to see that.

I am at a point where I underwent very rapid fat loss while maintaining weight but that has slowed now. Gonna have to just be patient. If I drop cals much further I am gonna get very weak.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sunday Squat crew.

Started the day working with one of my guys on his dl. He lost his MOJO. When he would initiate the pull he would arch his back hard trying to execute a cue someone gave him without recognizing it just doesn't work for him. Most minor change and suddenly the bar is screaming again.

Also had one of my guys who's hips are just destroyed. Finally introduced him to a good hip activation drill.

Me - 1
Gravity - 0

Then on to squats

Needed a top set of 5 @8. Somehow managed 515 for this... which I couldn't triple last week. Brought my stance in because last week I could barely hit depth and was in pain. Actually used my damn quads today. Was faster for sure. But my quads don't do much work usually. They were gassed completely by the end of the set.

Then spent another hour or so tempering and mobilizing everyone.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Someone brought their squat in stance wise, brought more quad into the lift, and probably had even slight forward knee travel and that all equaled more weight on the bar and hitting depth easier....

Next thing you know you'll break out the oly shoes....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,