Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Your Kids Nutrition

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I work with kids. I see rich kids and kids living in shelters...... all walks of life.

The fact that you're putting ANY thought in to your kids' diet is commendable. I see so many kids who show up in the morning with a bag of cheetos and a monster energy drink.... then parents wonder why they can't chill and pay attention in school. The crap in school lunches isn't much better - although some schools are making an effort. On top of that, most parents mean well but are just too ignorant to know what a good diet looks like.

I absolutely agree that kids should have some freedom in their diet, they can handle some junk, and should enjoy being a kid........ but that gets WAY out of hand for a lot of kids and they either wind up malnourished and unable to be productive during a key time in their lives, or they wind up gaining a ton of weight that they'll struggle with for the rest of their lives.

Just like parents teach hygiene and manners, parents owe it to their kids to at least provide guidance in nutrition...... it gets worked in to a school day but the information is all committee-approved 1970s science that is just plain wrong.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic