Votes: 15 71.4%
  • I'd have to think about it for awhile

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Haven't posted here that much, but this caught my eye. I'd be up there in 2 shakes of the lamb's tail.

If I fell, I would just bounce. I'm an Ironworker, and Ironworkers bounce....
Anyone who has ever worked on high steel knows the saying, after the 9th floor it gets less scary. At least you know at that point if you fall you will definitely die. Anything below you could be crippled laying in a bed for the rest of your life.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
No. **** no. Here's the deal if you did fall I think you would have a heart attack before you hit the ground so u wouldn't feel the impact.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I could retire comfortably right now with a million bucks. Even after the gubmint took their 35%, I'd still be able to retire.

Right now That is 2-3 years gross pay for us , I am 26 now , the pay off doesn't compensate for the risk for me

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Anyone who has ever worked on high steel knows the saying, after the 9th floor it gets less scary. At least you know at that point if you fall you will definitely die. Anything below you could be crippled laying in a bed for the rest of your life.

I feel ya. I feel 25' about 10 years ago and got messed up bad.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I feel ya. I feel 25' about 10 years ago and got messed up bad.
Lean a ladder against a building and I get nervous. I'll climb a fixed ladder all day long.

That's so much nicer than a day in a refinery in full nomex.

That climb would be like a vacation.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Right now That is 2-3 years gross pay for us , I am 26 now , the pay off doesn't compensate for the risk for me

Well I guess if you're filthy rich then yeah, 1 mil isn't that much. For me, it's a lifetime of work and I have no problem admitting that 1 mil would drastically improve my security. My lifestyle wouldn't change much, if at all, so it would definitely be enough.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Well I guess if you're filthy rich then yeah, 1 mil isn't that much. For me, it's a lifetime of work and I have no problem admitting that 1 mil would drastically improve my security. My lifestyle wouldn't change much, if at all, so it would definitely be enough.

X2 for me as well

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
pffft id climb it if they left the gate unlocked ,for free,just to say i did

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
For $1million I'd do it no problem but than again I was a rock climber back in the day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic