Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Working Out and Travel

P

Pbzepintx

Jul 12, 2023
I'm traveling for work for the next couple of months and working very long hours.. 13-16 hour days. My schedule has been so hectic that I haven't even had the chance to find a gym yet forget even working out.

I'm on anabolics but I feel like I'm wasting a cycle.

I keep hoping it slows enough to give me time to gym shop.. and the work is tough and hot and miserable so I don't know where I'll get the energy to actually work out.

Any tips about working out while traveling or anything else for me in general? I feel like I'm shrinking already! I'm sure it's in my head but it will be true before long.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Pick out a gym close by before you travel. try to get out before or immediately after your work hours. That way it's done with no time to contemplate your exhaustion. Locate a close by market where you can buy key healthy foods. I get fruit, cheese, sliced turkey, Italian bread and single serving rice, canned tuna in olive oil, sushi etc. A lot of this stuff you don't have to cook or can get away without a frig but a stove, microwave and fridge help a lot to stay on track.

cockswole_gentleman

cockswole_gentleman

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2023
Find a hotel with a great gym. They exist! Recently spent a week at a hotel that had a whole floor dedicated to a gym. They even had a pullover machine!

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
If you’re in the same place working by all means just buy a membership to the local Tom and go even when you’re tired. I have four gym memberships in three states.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Hotel gyms suck but have what you need. You can also get a set of bands that you can do in your hotel room, they don't take up a lot of room and you can get at least some work in.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have actually had some of my best workouts in hotel gyms with just dumbbells going up to 50 lbs. It forces you to do something different and the stimulation definitely hit hard.

A couple considerations. If you are working long hours and the work is labor intensive you might be better off taking the cycle down to a cruise and only working out a couple times a week, keeping the intensity and volume to a minimum to retain muscle. Studies show it only takes 1/9 the amount of training to preserve muscle as it does to build it. You are going to struggle with recovery working that hard and training even on AAS. If you still want to train hard and stay on cycle then push the calories up 20-25%. You might gain some fat, but you would spare the muscle.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
All good suggestions. You keep hoping it slows down probably not going to happen. You know yourself the best if you got a gym membership, bands, etc would you work out or blow it off.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
We travel quite a bit, I always pick a hotel with a descent gym. We stayed at a hotel recently that had DBs up to 100 lbs! It even had a hacksquat machine. Best hotel gym I have ever seen.

If not get some resistance bands and you can get a surprisingly good WO in your hotel room with them and body weight.

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
Intercontinentals are the only hotels I've found that regularly have good gyms. I usually just use free week/day tryouts or month/week-long memberships at local gyms. Doing that now. Usually cheap and no recurring payments.

P

Pbzepintx

Jul 12, 2023
I'm working on the substations at the new Samsung factory in Austin... well, technically Taylor, which is the problem. Taylor has a decent gym but they want you to sign up for a year. Yea, right... I'll be out here for two months.

The hotel gym is fair. The day I made this post I hit it up after work and got a decent workout in. My legs are a weak spot and they'll suffer in there, but it'll have to do until I figure something out. I wish there was a machine with cables at least... but you can do a fair amount with a bench and up to 50 lbs. Thats it. Plus some cardio.

Lesson learned. Thanks guys

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
All good advice. I sould definately get bands. You would be surprised the workouts you can do with bands by focusing on the muscle ans doing slow reps with total focus on the muscle. And if you are tired from working 13 to 16 hr days, you probably wont be able to lift super heavy anyway. Get a set similar to these that have the piece that had a rubber wheel on the end so you can throw it over the top or lock it into the aide os a door. These may be a crap set, so do some research and get a good pair similar to these:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic