Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Why do people make looooong posts?!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I skim most of the longer post. I'll actually read specifics if posted by people that consistently teach me something.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I'm sure mine tend to be to long or over talk on things, de-sciencing science is a lot of effort. Generally I try to summarize, the science related body of discussion posts, in simple non scientific terms the implications or gist. However, sometimes think that its simple and non scientific summary, does not meet reader criteria for comprehension. Though I try, most of the time.

I'm use to reading things from guys like Karl Hoffman (master of physics, taught at Harbord) I enjoy those big long scientific post!

Last edited:
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
^^^ SHINE these types of posts are not the ones I'm referring to. For instance, I've read all of glycomann's articles over at WCBB; some of them 2-3 times. I like detail, but it's about knowing when to just say something to the point vs. rambling and repeating yourself. More about writing skills than content.

Like ogre said, some guys you know have something worth reading based on history. I consider you and several others in that category.

Last edited:
Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
It's better to often write in about a 4 inch space, a distance that the reader does not have to hit the scroll button.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I'm sure mine tend to be to long or over talk on things, de-sciencing science is a lot of effort. Generally I try to summarize, the science related body of discussion posts, in simple non scientific terms the implications or gist. However, sometimes think that its simple and non scientific summary, does not meet reader criteria for comprehension. Though I try, most of the time.

I'm use to reading things from guys like Karl Hoffman (master of physics, tought at Harbord) I enjoy those big long scientific post!

Couldnt' have said it better myself. By no means am I the smartest person here, nor do we have a bunch of dummies. But people do learn better through different ideas and media.

Some like it cut and dry like you are having a conversation with your buddy. Others collect and calculate using info from many to form one opinion. Others like to read through long theses and dialogues between professionals and gym rats alike. These are the people that tend never to talk in absolutes. These people always leave the possibilty that something that works for most may not work for you. Their advice is solid, but also includes a caution and possible probable cause as to why something may not work. They may explain it scientifically, metaphorically, anecdotally, with the help of an analogy or personal experience, or all of the above.

If you truly want to LEARN and be self sufficient, I believe the best way is to intake ALL information from ALL parties and create models. For example, you know the model of basketball. So you know if someone says Kobe Bryant hit a homerun that they don't know much about basketball. Even if you've never used Tren before, you can use information from other models you've created in your brain. Someone tells you that tren must be injected 3 times a day. Naturally the model or common sense in your head tells you to investigate this calim by asking questions and looking for more factual evidence. Herein lies the problem with our society. We do not ask enough questions at the proper time. We ask questions after we have made mistakes or because we are lazy. If people would have agreed that Galileo's idea of a heliocentric universe was wrong and no one had ever challenged that he was actually right, we'd still be in the wrong today. Be wary at where you are shooting from and always be ready to present facts or ideas that show you have some knowledge or understanding of the basics of a topic.*

No professional I know will build something for you from the ground up absolutely free. But if you have done the majority of the work, he/she may be happy to provide an idea how to finish, or even help you finish the project if you have had good interactions with that person in the past. The point is that far too many people want a "shortcut" in absolutely EVERYTHING. Not just in gaining muscle through the use of steroids, but also in the process it takes to understand how to properly use them. This type of attitude is foolish and represents my view of most of the younger generation...unfortunately.

*Many of the ideas and examples used in this paragraph were summarized from the writings of Richard J Maybury in one of his "Uncle Eric" series of books that I read. I would recommend any of them as a good read for everyone.

If you are reading this sentence right now, congratulations, you disagree with the OP, lol. Or... you are one of those that skips ahead to the end to make sure you are not missing anything ;)

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
So basically, some people write things just because they like to read what they wrote, kinda like the online version of liking their own voice. In essence, they write things that are overly long but could be summed up in just one sentence. Boil it down, and these people just say the same thing over and over with no substance. To put it simply, they lose the meaning in their posts by not being concise. In other words, they just like to sound smart by going on and on when any wise person can see right through it. Break it down, and what you have is a repetitive post just for the sake of repetition. What you're saying is, there's no point in writing 10 sentences when the same thing could be said in one. Bottom line, some people just want to pass as a guru and think that post length is what accomplishes that. (Am I on the right track?)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
What's worse is quoting a long post and then posting a masters thesis in response... About the Mets...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
For your info getsome, I read ALL of your post!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
So basically, some people write things just because they like to read what they wrote, kinda like the online version of liking their own voice. In essence, they write things that are overly long but could be summed up in just one sentence. Boil it down, and these people just say the same thing over and over with no substance. To put it simply, they lose the meaning in their posts by not being concise. In other words, they just like to sound smart by going on and on when any wise person can see right through it. Break it down, and what you have is a repetitive post just for the sake of repetition. What you're saying is, there's no point in writing 10 sentences when the same thing could be said in one. Bottom line, some people just want to pass as a guru and think that post length is what accomplishes that. (Am I on the right track?)

I'm glad somebody gets it.

Even though you did keep repeating yourself for effect.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I think aj, kets, and apollo all tie for the title of longest posts. lol

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
It's better to often write in about a 4 inch space, a distance that the reader does not have to hit the scroll button.

Agreed, I enjoy Patrick Arnolds Steroid chemistry/ science articles, He usualy writes like this, gets to the point and usualy dumbs it down enuff so most can understand.
Speakin of the rascal he is a member here to.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic