Who is worse, Sanders or Clinton?

Which of these people would make you want to move out of America MORE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
The only "trade war" with mexico has been over tomatos and sugarcane.

Take a look at the trade numbers over the last 10 years and show us the trade war.
Can you provide a link to support your numbers? I'd be interested to see the numbers. Then again, I can Google and Google links and numbers that support my statement as well.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
With that said, I'm out of this thread. No one is gonna change my position's or my mind, and I'm not gonna change theirs. Everyone eat tacos and be happy.

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
And do you honestly believe building a fence is going t secure the border? Enough so that it will justify it's cost?

Nope, It's gotta be a moat. 100ft deep filled with anything that can kill & eat humans. Examples would be sharks, gators and or crocks (hippos too). On the US side of the moat we then have Brown bears, lions, tigers ect.... fenced in of course.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
And do you honestly believe building a fence is going t secure the border? Enough so that it will justify it's cost?

I have no illusions that a fence will magically reduce illegal immigration to zero. It will reduce illegal immigration. Coupled with "real" border protection, illegal immigration will be reduced. Coupled with prosecution of US residing companies that hire illegal workers, and thus reduce demand, this immigration problem will be greatly reduced.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
that is called ethnocentricism and when you boil it down to it's roots it is a form of generalized prejudice.

Do you really disagree with me when I say that some cultures are better than others? I don't find this a radical statement at all. Cultures that further liberty, such as the USA, Canada and many European countries have cultures that, IMO, are much better than cultures that further power and tribalism. The culture that produces ISIS and nurtures it to allow it to grow is a lesser culture than cultures that embrace freedoms.

I think a culture that values freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of association, and freedom of religion are better than cultures that do not. Do you disagree with me? Are two cultures equal if one embraces personal freedoms and the other does not?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
With that said, I'm out of this thread. No one is gonna change my position's or my mind, and I'm not gonna change theirs. Everyone eat tacos and be happy.

I think it is actually turning into a decent discussion. And Tommy is persuading me. That's what's nice about being unafiliated. I can change positions without feeling that I have "lost" an argument.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I think it is actually turning into a decent discussion. And Tommy is persuading me. That's what's nice about being unafiliated. I can change positions without feeling that I have "lost" an argument.
You're right, it's been a decent AND civilized discussion. I don't feel I have "lost" any arguments, because I'm not trying to win them. I state my position and leave it at that. A lot of good discussion so far, from both sides. Now, if you want to talk about positions, you know what positions I like :D wait, what?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
You're right, it's been a decent AND civilized discussion. I don't feel I have "lost" any arguments, because I'm not trying to win them. I state my position and leave it at that. A lot of good discussion so far, from both sides. Now, if you want to talk about positions, you know what positions I like :D wait, what?

9k=

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Had to take a dump so the 1st one timed out..10 MINUTE EDIT!!! SUKS

frick+outta+here+with+that+dumb+

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
So you would be in favor of granting legal status to Mexicans based on the stringent requirements that historically existed for it at the time the Statue of Liberty was given to us? Basically to be disease free and sign at the "x"?

Hell no, Biggie , My Grandparents had to apply for a visa FIRST to get here , wait in line and pay their own way here There was no mass illegal crossing, it happened but it was so small scale it was non-existent .

I'm in favor of rounding up illegals and sending them home, especially moslems. Mexicans are a little simpler. 1. Cut off all welfare\health benefits. 2. Implement E-Verify for employment. 3. Empty all our jails of illegals back to country of origin. 4. Build a wall and man the border with Nat Guard and Active Duty for the time it takes to build up Border Patrol again to where they can defend it properly again.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Hell no, Biggie , My Grandparents had to apply for a visa FIRST to get here , wait in line and pay their own way here There was no mass illegal crossing, it happened but it was so small scale it was non-existent .

I'm in favor of rounding up illegals and sending them home, especially moslems. Mexicans are a little simpler. 1. Cut off all welfare\health benefits. 2. Implement E-Verify for employment. 3. Empty all our jails of illegals back to country of origin. 4. Build a wall and man the border with Nat Guard and Active Duty for the time it takes to build up Border Patrol again to where they can defend it properly again.

Are you willing to concede that Mexico is not going to pay for all this?

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014

If they made it an electric fence, they wouldn't need a bunch of Border Patrol agents to defend it. Just a few to do a daily test to make sure it's still operational, and maybe a few more to pick up any dead critters...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic