Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

When is it time to put a dog down?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Sounds like he may have Cushing’s disease. Symptoms excessive thirst, crazy appetite, sensitive to heat, a bit of a bloated belly, sore joints ect…

You may want to have him tested. Our vet put our dog on Trilostane. He had significant improvement and he is 15.

I refilled his script at Chewy.com. Because it’s 40% of the vets price. I hate to say it but he went backwards. That shit maybe bunk. Now waiting on the vet to refill the script.

best of luck & I hope your buddy does better.
Thanks man, we took him yesterday. They did some tests and the vet will not give a definitive answer but I feel it is close. It is the tumor and the steroids causing his probs but the steroids are keeping him from coughing so bad

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
Thanks man, we took him yesterday. They did some tests and the vet will not give a definitive answer but I feel it is close. It is the tumor and the steroids causing his probs but the steroids are keeping him from coughing so bad
Best of luck, I feel for you!

ncsports

ncsports

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2023
Been thinking about you Jipped - I am sorry you are going through this.
Never an easy time and something every animal lover struggles with doing.
I held out for a miracle for our Bernese putting him down 2 years ago. I am sorry for doing that to him. His last couple of days were hard on him and us. I still struggle with losing him at times.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Been thinking about you Jipped - I am sorry you are going through this.
Never an easy time and something every animal lover struggles with doing.
I held out for a miracle for our Bernese putting him down 2 years ago. I am sorry for doing that to him. His last couple of days were hard on him and us. I still struggle with losing him at times.
Thanks bro, we took him to the vet first of the week. Vet gave him a b12 shot and he has perked up. We upped his steroids and his coughing is under control. I gave him a bath last night and he is always frisky after, or as frisky as an old dying dog can be. But he was happy and appears not to be in pain so it is day to day.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
We have three Labs and our oldest is 11 and has canine Lupus. I dread the day so I feel for anyone going thru it

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
We have three Labs and our oldest is 11 and has canine Lupus. I dread the day so I feel for anyone going thru it
Bro, it is gutting and the dread knowing is awful. The upped dose of meds and the b12 shot has my boy doing a bit better. Makes me happy. Maybe he will improve more over the next weeks?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Fuuk I have to learn not to open these types of thread.

It's so hard brother. Been down this road way to many times. Each time my wife and young men push for another dog I say, " And who will be the guy out back digging a hole with tears in his eyes a few years from now?"

We had to put down a 2 y.o. about 2 years ago that had a heart condition. That was a hard one to do. We can't hang on because we want more time. Seems like he had a good home and a good run.

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
It really depends on what's best for your beloved dog. No one wants suffering. It's bad for the animal and bad for the owner.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Our boy is gone. I am gutted. We took him to his vet who was super gentle and he felt no pain.

I made him some bacon tacos with cheese. Even fried the corn tortillas in the bacon fat. For desert, a Reese's peanut butter cup. It was time.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Had to put my dog of 13years down about 5 years ago. One of the worst experiences I have been through.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Hate to read this.

I'm very sorry for your loss, brother.

This is why I avoided opening this thread.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic