Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

When is it time to put a dog down?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Damn brother I feel your pain. Every time I read things like this, I relive each of the best friends I had to say goodbye too. They take a piece of you when they go.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Thanks fellas, seriously hurt but I already feel better and we laugh about the dumb stuff he did and what a good boy he was.

You get all that love and then when it's time for them to go it turns to heart ache.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My old boy has been a faithful and loyal companion for many years. He is about 14 years old which is ancient for a medium size dog but he is in no discernable pain, Has a little trouble getting around from time to time but otherwise is doing well all things considered. Still loves us and we love him. Enjoys a good ear scratch and lying in the sun while I smoke a cigar . . . .

It kills me to think about not having him around. He used to go 4x4ing in my jeep with me. Fishing on my kayak, pretty much if dogs were allowed, he went with me or my son . . . .

Thanks fellas, seriously hurt but I already feel better and we laugh about the dumb stuff he did and what a good boy he was.

You get all that love and then when it's time for them to go it turns to heart ache.
We get all that love, but think about how much better his life was with your family in it. Sounds like you guys did everything right, jipped.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@jipped genes oh gosh, im soooo sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave him such a great life, so hope you find comfort in that.
Man, that is so hard......did it twice myself.....and my friend just put hers down the same day as you, ironically. UGH.....the pain is real....I feel for you.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Thanks again. I was off today so I slept late. Half asleep I kept waiting for him to come wake me up to go outside. My wife and I laughed a bit remembering, because he would carry his leash and it would make a jingling sound on the bed frame as he stood their with his paws up on the box springs when he decided it was time for me to get up...

I still get a bit misty eyed thinking about him. He was special. But I can laugh and smile now thinking about his quirks and idiosyncrasies.

We, dog owners (I guess I am not anymore...ouch) are a different breed of human. We put so much love into a critter knowing that most likely they will pass and it will hurt like hell.

Hug your dogs boys. Give them some bacon as they love you with all their doggie hearts. If you have cats, they could care less whether you live or die.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic