Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What are you reading now?..

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Again: I Drink for a Reason. David Cross.

That after a bunch of fukin medical journals.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Pretty full on reading but very interesting...

paddedimage200313-everything-you-need-to-know-about-enzymes-book.gif

I met Tom a few months back and had a good chat to him after attending one of his seminars. Haven't got far enough into the book yet, but he's established connections with a myriad of different health conditions from the obvious applications with regards to gut health right through to autism.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
"Tom Clancy's" Commander in Chief - written by Mark Greaney

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Religions of the World - Hopfe and Woodward
The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding - Arnold
The New Typography - Jan Tschichold

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
My book for next month's bookclub is "Act of Grace" by Karen Simpson. I haven't started it yet, but one of my fellow bookclub members has already started and told me it's "really, really different." And that I'd probably hate it. We'll see.
I actually liked it, but it's not the type of book I'd recommend to just anyone. It deals with race and justice, but a lot of mysticism/supernatural elements as well.

Anyways, next month's bookclub book is Haymaker by Adam Schuitema. I'm looking forward to reading this one. It's about a story "of an isolated Michigan town" that is selected by a libertarian organization as a "flagship community" and "hundreds of its members migrate and settle within the town’s borders."

It sounds like chaos and hilarity will ensue. Adam usually writes interesting characters that are funny, but also respectably sincere in their motivations. So it'll be interesting to see how he pulls that off within the context of politics.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
....next month's bookclub book is Haymaker by Adam Schuitema.
I really liked this book. A bunch of the lifters here would really appreciate this one character named Donnie Sarver, who doesn't like people moving into his town, and holds an annual fistfight challenge with outsiders. It's a fun, quick read. If you like light-fiction reading, with some humor and interesting characters and situations, I'd recommend "Haymaker" by Adam Schuitema.

The next book on the docket is a Jim Harrison book, who passed away last Saturday at 78. He lived in Michigan and wrote a lot of great poems and novels, some of which got adapted into movies like "Legends of the Fall" and "Wolf."

When Harrison was young, he contemplated suicide, and he wrote the following:
I don’t have any medals. I feel their lack
of weight on my chest. Years ago I was ambitious.
But now it is clear that nothing will happen.
But would ultimately decide against it when he's reminded of a reason:
… Beauty takes my courage
away this cold autumn evening. My year-old daughter’s red
robe hangs from the doorknob shouting Stop.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
To get smarter: 10% Happier
Dan Harris

To laugh: I Drink for a Reason
David Cross (4th time).

Up next: a bunch of Mark Epstein and PKD The Man in the High Castle.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
"Tom Clancy's" Commander in Chief - written by Mark Greaney

Mark Greaney has done/is doing a great job with the Clancy books, his Grey Man series is amazing!

I'm currently reading "The Surveillance State" Professor Paul Rosenzweig

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
This thread...it sucks. No boobs or buns. I'm out

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Olympic Weightlifting by Greg Everett

aragorn1500

aragorn1500

Jun 7, 2013
Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand.
It is real scary how close this book parallels what's happening in today's world.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
The Charlie Francis Training System by Charlie Francis . An incredible book I would recommend to any coach , Francis was best known for being Ben Johnson's track coach . The book contains valuable insights into his methods and philosophy and a lot of strength coaches rate Francis as one of the most astute ever .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic