ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
what size dart did you use? odds are you werent deep enough

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Well bro do what I do. Stick a one inch, 20 ga into your injection site and pull back the plunger. If you pull a bunch of puss and shit out then you got problems. Pull that needle out a little bit and keep pulling back on that plunger as you wiggle it around trying to pull out that puss and shit if it's in there. If you find a big pocket of puss then you sure as hell got an infected abcess. If so, get your ass to the doctor.

I doubt you do bro. My guess is that you never done very many delt shots of test prop before (yes, sustanon contains test prop, which sometimes hurts like a sob) and you are just sore as shit from it.

Good luck

hate to disagree with ya, but doing that can make it worse. When you drain an infection, you want to drain it ALL. I've been told this many times, I did do it once though as I had my first infection and in my delt. Could not take it anymore. Plus at work that night everyone was taping me on that shoulder, lol...

Anyway even if you drain it, you will need meds to clear it up. May as well kill 2 birds with one stone if you gotta see the doc and not risk making this worse.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think it was just High dosed gear in EO, hopefully the OP will tell us soon.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Apparently the OP's situation clarified itself BUT what about a few suggestions for the next fella?
SURE WHY NOT!

FIRST understand infections/abscesses from PINNING are actually quite RARE especially when one considers the number of injections performed by the "untrained" BB/lifters on an annual basis. I mean shit I've seen perhaps no more than 1-2 infectious complications from parenteral AAS use ANNUALLY.
(I'm NOT suggesting ALL of those patients are using AAS, but a significant portion INDEED ARE!)

SECOND there are a variety of infectious and non-infectious "irritant" contaminants which may cause an inflammatory response once pinned.
However one differentiating feature is infectious complications fail to remit OR WORSEN on a symptomatic basis after 3-5 DAY "waiting period"!

THIRD - The absence of fever does NOT exclude an infectious process YET it's presence must be taken much more seriously. Why? Because fever as an isolated feature of infectious diseases is often RIGHTFULLY deemed the sine qua non of BACTEREMIA in a non-immune compromised patient, or a more extensive localized infectious process than what was originally anticipated. Example: Forniers Gangrene

FOURTH - While needle aspiration of a focal area of fluctuance may aid in the diagnosis of an abscess, the aspiration of "pus" DOES NOT confirm it's causation is INFECTIOUS! WTF does that mean? It means somewhere between 20-50% of AAS associated "abscesses are STERILE! Yep no bacterial growth occurs upon culturing. (NOW THAT REALLY SUCKS, COL, BUT ALL IS NOT LOST!)

FIFTH - WARNING ----WARNING ------- WARNING
IF "your" one of those believers in site specific AAS injections to "enhance those underdeveloped muscle groups" such as: hams, pecs, calves, bis and tris etc, I would offer a strong word of caution, the blind needle aspiration of parenteral sites NOT used medically OFTEN (IME) causes more HARM THAN GOOD!

WHY? Well actually one reason certain IM sites are considered safe compared to others ..... the development, diagnosis and treatment of complications is relatively straightforward. Yet when "unrecognized" sites are chosen for pinning an infection, should it develop, may extend to involve other compartments, joints or neuro-vascular structures.

Consequently because the risk of iatrogenic complications from blind needle aspiration may exceed the risk empiric antibiotic therapy, the latter is often the best option. (Needless to say I do NOT believe needle aspiration is something any novice should attempt as a means to an ends ......... that is to say, I would much prefer empiric antibiotic therapy rather than some vain pursuit of an often elusive diagnosis, in the best of hands) Just remember "DO NO HARM" is the physicians mantra we should all follow, IMO

SIXTH - Let's not overlook some trite clinical features of an infectious process which include:
REDNESS ---- erythema which progressively advances as the infection extends
INDURATION ---- a subtle sign but the involved area is more taut or firm compared to the surrounding uninvolved region
WARMTH ------ yep another palpatory sign BUT the involved area is warmer to touch
TENDERNESS ---- although MOST uncomplicated cellulitis is relatively PAINLESS once ANY MUSCLE OR FASCIAL PLANE is involved pain also becomes a common sign
FLUCTUANCE --- when an abscess develops "fluctuance" may occur, which feels like a small water filled ballon lies beneath the dermis
FEVER ------- IS A LATE CLINICAL SIGN

SO combine all these features to acquire a better idea. THE MOST DIFFICULT ASPECT IS THE WAITING of 3-5 DAYS. The EXCEPTION is FEVER you ngot that one you should see a doctor immediately, IMO!

Regs,
jim

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Hey I know it's literally impossible to cover all of the relevant ID issues we may confront because of parenteral AAS use, BUT if a specific question arises, I'm happy to clarify, where ever possible.

best
jim

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I always keep keflex on hand for this kind of thing

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I had a similiar experience years ago with Sust. I was using a old vial I opened up from a previous cycle at the time, figured it was fine to use because I had about 8ml left from a 20ml vial. About 8 months went by from cycle to cycle. I should have opened a new vial, but I didn't want to waste any Sust. So I shot a decent dose into my quad. About a day later, my quad hurt. Three days later, I could barely walk, and the area was swollen. I was in pain. I started taking antibiotics and ibuprofens like crazy. It all subsided in about a week and a half, but it was a bad experience. Very noticiebale to people around me. I had friends and family asking what's wrong. I'm not sure if it was a true infection, or my body reacting to the Sust, but I never want to repeat that experience again.

PainTrain

PainTrain

Jan 19, 2014
9 yr back shot some sust that was no good , in my ass as per standard, this particular time had a burn as it went in and wouldn't settle

next day i looked like a baboon ...

My right ass cheek was so big I couldnt put on my shorts on

Went down to the emergency, the doc pulls out the biggest syringe I ever seen sucks out 2 rounds of puss

Doc Decides needs to operate
So they core drill my ass or how ever they cut the shit to get out the infection

At this point I have 2 assholes I could literally see the bottom of the hole and stick 2 fingers in it

The most painful part was everyday they needed to stuff a seaweed gauze and remove it to rid of all the shit that would fester inside

Layed up in hospital for week

A

Augerdog

Mar 12, 2014
Well bro do what I do. Stick a one inch, 20 ga into your injection site and pull back the plunger. If you pull a bunch of puss and shit out then you got problems. Pull that needle out a little bit and keep pulling back on that plunger as you wiggle it around trying to pull out that puss and shit if it's in there. If you find a big pocket of puss then you sure as hell got an infected abcess. If so, get your ass to the doctor.

I doubt you do bro. My guess is that you never done very many delt shots of test prop before (yes, sustanon contains test prop, which sometimes hurts like a sob) and you are just sore as shit from it.

Good luck

I had to do this to my glute a few years ago. Couldn't sit for a week after injection. So I went in with a 19gauge. Pulled 6ml's of shit out. Was able to sit right after doing that.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Doc, you use the term blind needle aspiration above. Is there such a thing as an UN-blind aspiration, like maybe one done under fluoroscopy or something like that? I'm actually curious cause a Vet recently did "a needle aspiration" on my dog, BUT maybe discussion of this could hammer home the importance of how, when and if an aas user should ever consider do it yourself work?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Doc, you use the term blind needle aspiration above. Is there such a thing as an UN-blind aspiration, like maybe one done under fluoroscopy or something like that? I'm actually curious cause a Vet recently did "a needle aspiration" on my dog, BUT maybe discussion of this could hammer home the importance of how, when and if an aas user should ever consider do it yourself work?

I think by blind he is referring to "looking" for something with a needle rather than inserting a needle to extract a "known" substance. You could easily miss an abcess when aspirating while trying to find it and assume there is no infection. My advice is stick to the upper outer glute areas when possible. These areas are large muscles that are not easily irritated and known to hold oil well. This is why you rarely see hospitals injecting IM solutions in any other area.

Keeping an antibiotic on hand is always a good idea just incase something ever comes up. BUT PLEASE GOD make sure you do not have an allergy to it before using it. I have a very bad allergy to Keflex and I will blow up like a balloon. In fact, just about every medication in the sephalosporin family gives me a bad reaction so I have to use something else. The worst thing you can do is make the problem worse by self medicating so please know what you are doing before you do it. Have a plan in case of emergency and don't be afraid to seek out help... it's much better than the alternative

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Hey I know it's literally impossible to cover all of the relevant ID issues we may confront because of parenteral AAS use, BUT if a specific question arises, I'm happy to clarify, where ever possible.

best
jim

Couple of 'hypothetical' questions dr jim.
what areas would you consider best sites for injections, from best to least desirable.

If you had to pick a anti-biotic for a infection like this what would be your favorite.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic