jacobss
What's New?

Water / Edema

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Who's doing what for edema? Dandelion?

I have 800 or so tablets of Lasix 40mg, but I'd rather take a more "gentle" approach... something that can be taken long-term. I'm super sensitive to salt nowadays, and if I even look at it, I'll get cankles.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
What's your blood pressure?

Are you on GH?

Carb intake? GENERALLY sodium will cause problems on a higher carb diet, I do carnviore and POUR the salt on.

How do you think you potassium intake is? I believe the majority of people are low on it.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I drink a cup of dandelion root tea each day. However, usually if I increase my water intake along with my sodium intake and I keep it balanced, I won't have any issues. I shoot for a gallon of water for every 2000 mg of sodium.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I drink a cup of dandelion root tea each day. However, usually if I increase my water intake along with my sodium intake and I keep it balanced, I won't have any issues. I shoot for a gallon of water for every 2000 mg of sodium.
wow, that's precision.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
What's your blood pressure?

Are you on GH?

Carb intake? GENERALLY sodium will cause problems on a higher carb diet, I do carnviore and POUR the salt on.

How do you think you potassium intake is? I believe the majority of people are low on it.

Blood pressure has been borderline for years, especially now that they changed the ranges that define the levels of 'tension. The pessimist in me believes they did so more people would be classified as hypertensive and thus be put on lifelong medication. Love that recurring revenue.

Anyway. No GH.

Carbs around 200g a day. I could try decreasing those. I was actually up around 250-275g carbs a day and didn't seem to have any worse of an issue but redistributed macro's a few months ago to try and restart some fat loss, which seemed to help. Definitely didn't hurt. I am prone to running into fuel issues during workouts if I do not get enough carbs, though.

Potassium should be alright. I take a 99mg tablet three times a day with meals. However, I just looked at the DV for that, and even 300mg is pathetic. My diet is locked down, but that means I also eat a lot of the same stuff on repeat, so I could have a deficiency. I don't track micro's. I'll double Potassium as a quick and easy experiment. Maybe a potassium chloride enema?

I did order some Dandelion Root, too, though.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Dandelion Root should be here tomorrow, but that's a pound of cut and sifted actual root.. not something that's been prepped in a teabag. However, while at Publix, I looked in the coffee/tea aisle and found some Roasted Dandelion Root tea. I grabbed a box, and damned if it's actually pretty good. Reminds me of coffee. Not nearly as strong (as I make it), but usually anything that helps has to taste like ass to balance things out.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Thought this said water enema.....

Carry on, I have nothing to add lol
Glad you asked. I (have heard) that water-based enemas can pass through a smaller gauge insertion tool than oil-based, hence less discomfort.

I am not sure about passion-based enemas, but perhaps someone here can post up.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Dandelion Root seems to be doing well. My Saturday night blowout where I drink and eat whatever had little to no effect on edema, which is gone now anyway. The Dandelion Root Tea I bought tasted good. The raw Dandelion Root I bought that I made into a tea not so good. Think I may roast some of it and grind it up.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Blood pressure has been borderline for years, especially now that they changed the ranges that define the levels of 'tension. The pessimist in me believes they did so more people would be classified as hypertensive and thus be put on lifelong medication. Love that recurring revenue.

Anyway. No GH.

Carbs around 200g a day. I could try decreasing those. I was actually up around 250-275g carbs a day and didn't seem to have any worse of an issue but redistributed macro's a few months ago to try and restart some fat loss, which seemed to help. Definitely didn't hurt. I am prone to running into fuel issues during workouts if I do not get enough carbs, though.

Potassium should be alright. I take a 99mg tablet three times a day with meals. However, I just looked at the DV for that, and even 300mg is pathetic. My diet is locked down, but that means I also eat a lot of the same stuff on repeat, so I could have a deficiency. I don't track micro's. I'll double Potassium as a quick and easy experiment. Maybe a potassium chloride enema?

I did order some Dandelion Root, too, though.
Couple things, the last thing you want 'ignore' is your bp. Yes, they have lowered the acceptable range as they found the lower the better. Say 110/70. High BP can cause so many issues such as, create groves in your arteries making it easier for plaque to attach and accumulate. It is also very hard on your kidneys so if your using inj. that is too much strain with that alone. Cause your heart to over work, not expelling enough blood from it, cause the outside of the heart to become leather like. Causing heart attacks, damage to the heart that can not be reversed. And the worst of all, stroke. When I was in rehab for my botched hip replacement the worst thing I saw were men my age who had a stroke and were bound into a wheel chair unable to even feed themself. Take care of your BP sir!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dandelion Root should be here tomorrow, but that's a pound of cut and sifted actual root.. not something that's been prepped in a teabag. However, while at Publix, I looked in the coffee/tea aisle and found some Roasted Dandelion Root tea. I grabbed a box, and damned if it's actually pretty good. Reminds me of coffee. Not nearly as strong (as I make it), but usually anything that helps has to taste like ass to balance things out.
I actually put the Roasted Dandelion Root Tea bag in my black coffee. Increases the taste of both.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic