Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Veg oil/bio diesel

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Anyone run this or mix there own? I hear you can be under a dollar a gallon....
The equipment I hear is 1500-2k for start up for bio diesel but (wvo) waist vegetable oil you pretty much just filter it.... Seems like a great way to save some $$$ imagine driving from one coast to the other in a diesel pusher motor home for 300.00 or just driving a old beater Mercedes benz all week long 5.00

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I watched a documentary on someone who decided to go the self sustainable clean living route in the UK and they actually got the used oil from fish and chip shops and filtered it, I've considered it for awhile.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
We give our fryer oil to a local couple alot of stores with deli's will just give you the oil

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I have seen a few things on this and see a few guys driving around with the big plastic tanks on their pickups, only issue would be getting solid oils sources and get them on a reliable schedule.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Dont forget it smells like french fries.
How will you survive a cutter with that smell :)

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Ha ha, I said reliable oil source ha ha.

ok, back to more coffee.......

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I have seen a few things on this and see a few guys driving around with the big plastic tanks on their pickups, only issue would be getting solid oils sources and get them on a reliable schedule.

Original diesel engines were designed to run on vegetable oil you can filter fryer oil and run it straight through the tank as it is and get very similar mpg (about 10% less efficient in todays engines), find a fast food joint and ask for their used oil.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Original diesel engines were designed to run on vegetable oil you can filter fryer oil and run it straight through the tank as it is and get very similar mpg (about 10% less efficient in todays engines), find a fast food joint and ask for their used oil.

All of the restaurants in my downtown have barrels out back where they dump their oils. They are picked up by a local farm that runs its tractors on it.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
Great investment, Just make sure you buy a pre emmission diesel <2007 and youll be fine. Anything later and unmodified will not accept this fuel for long. I have the reciepts to prove it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic