VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
MiddleweightMarvin Vettorivs.Jared Cannonier
LightweightArman Tsarukyanvs.Joaquim Silva
MiddleweightArmen Petrosyanvs.Christian Leroy Duncan
FeatherweightPat Sabatinivs.Lucas Almeida
LightweightManuel Torresvs.Nikolas Motta
BantamweightRaoni Barcelosvs.Miles Johns

Fight night with a great headliner but several guys that do not even have wiki pages.

Tsarukyan vs Silva will be a banger. These guys have had a few fight of the nights and always come to scrap.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Tsarukyan is hugely under-rated. You could make the case that his last loss with Gamrot should have been called his way for the win, it was that close. His only other loss, well professional, was a decision loss to Islam! He took Islam the distance and did well against him too. I could see him knocking on the door for a championship fight in the near future. I think this is the fight i'm looking forward to most. Silva is no slouch either, he is very tough.

The main fight is okay, but neither guy has a shot at beating Izzy (outside of major luck), and I sure don't want to see them get another shot either.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Tsarukyan's fight with Silva is a showcase. Silva takes chances and can be KO'd. he is tough and will fight so perfect to get Tsarukyan's name out there

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Just a bump for an FYI that this is on tonight. Main card starts at 10pm eastern. Prelims start at 7pm.

After looking it over at a little more, the Petrosyan vs Duncan fight has potential to be a really good fight. I've seen Petrosyan fight once or twice, I think he won those fights, i'd have to look though. I think he's more of a stand-up fighter, IIRC. Duncan is undefeated, but i've not seen him fight. Dana White stated this is the fight to keep an eye on.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
MiddleweightJared Cannonierdef.Marvin VettoriDecision (unanimous) (49–45, 49–45, 48–46)55:00
LightweightArman Tsarukyandef.Joaquim SilvaTKO (punches)33:25
MiddleweightArmen Petrosyandef.Christian Leroy DuncanDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
FeatherweightPat Sabatinidef.Lucas AlmeidaSubmission (arm-triangle choke)21:48
LightweightManuel Torresdef.Nikolas MottaKO (elbow)11:50
WelterweightNicolas Dalbydef.Muslim SalikhovDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)35:00

I trained today then came home and did yard work for 4 hours in the heat. I fell asleep on the couch after the 1st fight on the main card and missed the rest.

Good for Cannonier,

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I didn't start watching them until the end of the Dalby/Salikhov fight.

Torres had an elbow from hell that KO'd Motta. He was getting lit up some before that. Bioth guys looked good and tough, but Motta got caught. It happened in the first round, so hard to take anything from it. Torres had to adjust his standup.

Sabatini completely DOMINATED Lucas Almeida. It was so one-sided, I bet he probably had a 10-8 1st round. He came out and did the same in the 2nd round, and Almeida tapped out. Sabatini made a statement with this win after losing his last fight. It was fun to watch his wrestling and ground game control.

Petrosyan was the more complete fighter and overcame the unpredictable and unorthodox stand-up of Duncan. Duncan has potential, but needs more work and experience. Both guys do not have good ground games, but Petrosyan is a little better at this point. It was a decent fight.

Tsarukyan was in control of the whole fight, but he got rocked in the 2nd round. Silva has HUGE power. Tsarukyan scrambled for his life to get a leg and got the takedown with top position. Silva messed up and got too sloppy and excited and lost control. Both guys are really good. Nobody wants to fight Tsarukyan, so Silva stepped up, and I think they are both from the same camp/team, at least for this fight. Tsarukyan is very good. He only had 3 weeks to prepare for his fight/loss against Makhachev. He called that out and stated he wanted a rematch and to give him at least 8 weeks, and that he would "smesh" him, lol. I would love to see a rematch, but he'll have to go through a few other guys first to get it. He also called out Chandler, who he alluded to probably fighting since it appears like Conor is not going to fight. He also mentioned Dariush, but stated he didn't want to wait until December or longer for Beniel to get cleared to fight....so he wants Chandler it looks like. That would be a phenomenal fight!

Cannonier and Vettori was actually a badass fight. They broke the record, by far, for the most significant punches in a middleweight fight ever....by like the 4th round. Cannonier dominated the fight in his normal stance, but Marvin lit him up every time he went to south paw. Jared kept going back and forth between stances until he had to stop (he was looking for the lead leg kick). After that, he dominated the fight. I don't know how Marvin was able to keep in this fight, he got the shit kicked out of his head, lol! I'm not a big Vettori fan, I like to see people bash his face, but i'll admit, his cockiness after his last 2 losses (Cannonier and Whitaker), and he has shear determination regardless of when he is losing.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I fell asleep, but woke up early AF and caught a replay on ESPN of the Cannonier/Vettori fight. What a banger!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I was surprised to wake up and find that Vittori had lost.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic