Oct 22, 2022
LightweightBeneil Dariushvs.Arman Tsarukyan
LightweightDan Hookervs.Bobby Green
BantamweightRob Fontvs.Deiveson Figueiredo
WelterweightSean Bradyvs.Kelvin Gastelum
MiddleweightPunahele Sorianovs.Dustin Stoltzfus
Light HeavyweightKhalil Rountree Jr.vs.Azamat Murzakanov
Bros, this is a FAT card.

Beneil walked up the ranks only to be stopped in his ultimate moment vs Charles Oliveira. Arman has a winning record. Both men fought Gamrot but Beneil was the only winner.

Hooker vs Green, This is a helluva fight. Might be a bit boring at times but these two technicians will show striking at its ultimate MMA level.

Font vs Figgy! Are you kidding me?! This could be a main event and my pick for fight of the night. Both guys have some losses as of late but both guys put on incredible fights.

Brady the up and comer vs the always tough Gastelum will be a banger too.

Soriano vs Stoltzfus is a filler fight with guys who either win by stoppage or loose by stoppage. Both guys have loosing records in their last 5 so both must have a win.

Khalil is on fire! 4 in a row vs heavy comp. He fights another striker in Azamat who is undefeated and looking to use Khalil as a stepping stone. Great fight and a real test for Khalil, maybe the hardest test he has faced in a long time.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
  • For the December 2 Austin event (UFC Fight Night: Dariush vs Tsarukyan), Dan Hooker was forced to withdraw from his co-main event bout with Bobby Green after re-breaking the same arm he broke in his last fight.
  • No. 13-ranked lightweight Bobby Green will now face No. 12 Jalin Turner in a three-round co-main event in Austin.
  • No. 7 bantamweight Song Yadong will take on No. 14 Chris Gutierrez in the main event of the UFC Fight Night Card December 9 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
The Dec 2nd card is fricken stacked. It could be a PPV caliber card if there was a title fight.

The Dariush/Tsarukyan fight is so badass, such a good match-up. I'm super excited and anxious to see how this goes. Tsarukyan is very under-rated imo, and he is flying under the radar. He had that super close decision loss to Gamrot in 2022, and in 2019, he went the distance with Islam in a decision loss. I think he is 2 wins away from a title fight (this fight and then another to set-up a title fight)....assuming he gets the win. Dariush needs a win after losing to Oliveira, he was on a tear up until that fight. He was very dominate over Gamrot in their fight, so this will be really interesting to see how it goes. Armchair opinion here...I may give a slight edge to Tsarukyan on the standup, and then an edge to Dariush on the ground, but who knows. So excited for this fight.

Man, that sucks to hear about Hooker breaking the same arm. I knew he pulled out of the fight, but I didn't know he rebroke the same arm:(

Turner stepping in makes total sense, assuming he makes weight on short notice. Hooker barely beat him, in a comeback win, in their last fight. That was a badass fight. Co-incidentally, it's the fight Hooker broke his arm in....and Jalin is stepping in, lol. Should be a good fight. I hope Jalin doesn't fatigue on short notice.

Yea, Font/Figueiredo is a super badass fight. Both just coming off of loses. Font lost to a boring Sandhagen win where Corey just laid on him for 5 rounds, lol. Fig is coming off his loss to Moreno. Giving Fig Font in his first fight at Bantamweight is a super tough fight! I love this fight. Fig said the weight cut to flyweight was hurting his performance and energy, so it'll be interesting to see how he does. This could easily be FOTN! I bet it will be a standup war:cool:

The Khalil/Azamat fight is super badass. Khalil is on a tear like Jipped stated, and Azamat is undefeated. Hopefully they put this fight above the Soriano/Dustin fight which should not even be on the main card, imo, lol. I've never seen Azamat fight, so this will be interesting to see. It looks like a step up in competition for him, although he KO'd Andre Muniz in FC1 back in 2016.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
On a sucky note, I have a stupid recital event I have to go to on this night for my brother-in-law. Lame! I'm gonna see if I can find a way out of it, lol.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Jesus, shit changes on a dime.

Azamat supposedly has pneumonia and is out. Anthony Smith is stepping in to fight Khalil now. Crazy. Anthony is ranked #8, so a win over him probably projects Khalil higher up the ladder if he were to win.

The fight is also being dropped from the Dec 2nd card and it will be added to the Dec 9th card as the new co-main event.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Jesus, shit changes on a dime.

Azamat supposedly has pneumonia and is out. Anthony Smith is stepping in to fight Khalil now. Crazy. Anthony is ranked #8, so a win over him probably projects Khalil higher up the ladder if he were to win.

The fight is also being dropped from the Dec 2nd card and it will be added to the Dec 9th card as the new co-main event.
HOLY SHIT! This sucks! Still gonna watch but damn, this card has been sliced and diced

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
LightweightBeneil Dariushvs.Arman Tsarukyan
LightweightJalin Turnervs.Bobby Green
BantamweightRob Fontvs.Deiveson Figueiredo
WelterweightSean Bradyvs.Kelvin Gastelum
MiddleweightPunahele Sorianovs.Dustin Stoltzfus
LightweightClay Guidavs.Joaquim Silva
Women's BantamweightMiesha Tatevs.Julia Avila
MiddleweightZach Reesevs.Cody Brundage
LightweightDrakkar Klosevs.Joe Solecki

Updated card. Also included part of the undercard which is pretty fat itself. Starts with Clay vs Silva, a couple of gate keepers. I think they want Guida to win but gave him a guy in Silva that can KO you with one shot. Get to see Miesha fight, always hot and she fights with all her heart. Avila is a good fight for Miesha, not a top gal but tough and should be good.
Reese vs Brundage is a good fight, Brundage is fighting for his job. He lost 3 of his 4 last fights and his only win was due to his opponent getting DQ'd due to an illegal elbow. as is Klose vs Solecki, this one is a wrestler vs a BJJ guy.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
LightweightArman Tsarukyandef.Beneil DariushKO (punches)11:04
LightweightJalin Turnerdef.Bobby GreenKO (punches)12:49
BantamweightDeiveson Figueiredodef.Rob FontDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)35:00
WelterweightSean Bradydef.Kelvin GastelumSubmission (kimura)31:43
LightweightJoaquim Silvadef.Clay GuidaDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
MiddleweightDustin Stoltzfusdef.Punahele SorianoSubmission (rear-naked choke)24:10

Damn those top billed fights did not last long.

Arman is legit. He smoked Beneil who is a legit contender.

Turner got a crushing KO of Green and one of the worst stoppages I have ever seen! We were screaming at the TV to stop the fucking fight. The commentators were as well. Green took way too many shots he did not need to take.
Hello Jalin, this dude is a beast and I look forward to watching him fight with a full camp.

Figgy is a beast even being the smaller man. Shows how much 10 lbs counts for in the lower weight divisions as he was huge at flyweight but small for bantamweight. He stung font and it was a good fight. Figgy throws with so much power. I like Font too. Wsa a good technical fight.

Brady vs Gastelum. Brady is a wrestler, it was boring. He won no fans in this fight. I was hoping Gastelum could stuff the TDs and get in a crack but no.

Silva vs Guida was a war. Guida hurt Silva and vice versa. I thought Guida was done at one point but no! He came back to finish the fight even winning one round with grappling.

Stolt vs Soriano was good whie it lasted. Dustin weathered a storm of getting wobbled a couple times early. Soriano, as the booth stated relies too much on his left power hand. If he mixed it up it would have been way better.

Cannot forget Miesha, she is still smokin hot. She got the win, although vs an up and comer and a striker. Still, fun to see how the crowd got behind her.

Lots of POTN bonuses
  • Fight of the Night: Rodolfo Bellato vs. Ihor Potieria
  • Performance of the Night: Arman Tsarukyan, Jalin Turner, Sean Brady, Dustin Stoltzfus, Miesha Tate, Cody Brundage, Drakkar Klose, and Jared Gooden

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
On a sucky note, I have a stupid recital event I have to go to on this night for my brother-in-law. Lame! I'm gonna see if I can find a way out of it, lol.
Wut???...You're BIL is having a recital???...Is he learning to play the skin flute or the nut sax???...I thought you gave up on all that "transitioning" talk...LOL...

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Wut???...You're BIL is having a recital???...Is he learning to play the skin flute or the nut sax???...I thought you gave up on all that "transitioning" talk...LOL...

He is straight on flamer to the 1,000th degree. lol. He operates some dance club for kids where they perform a few times per year. He has instructors help him and stuff. I think he plays both the flute and the nut sax, lol. It sucks I missed the fight.

However, they did have a shit ton of good food afterward.....tri-tip, mashed potatos and gravy, green beans, salad, cake, drinks, a hot dog lady that came out.....oh....and i'm not makin g it up.....Beef stroganoff.....or is it strokingoff? LOL

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
He is straight on flamer to the 1,000th degree. lol. He operates some dance club for kids where they perform a few times per year. He has instructors help him and stuff. I think he plays both the flute and the nut sax, lol. It sucks I missed the fight.

However, they did have a shit ton of good food afterward.....tri-tip, mashed potatos and gravy, green beans, salad, cake, drinks, a hot dog lady that came out.....oh....and i'm not makin g it up.....Beef stroganoff.....or is it strokingoff? LOL
Well....the fights were good, but it's hard to pass up a good strokinoff...LOL...
And, of course, tri-tip is a SoCal specialty, so that's right up your alley!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022

Don;t ask what was in the gravy. It was his own home made special sauce.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic