VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Women's BantamweightHolly Holmvs.Mayra Bueno Silva
WelterweightJack Della Maddalenavs.Bassil Hafez
LightweightOttman Azaitarvs.Francisco Prado
MiddleweightAlbert Duraevvs.Park Jun-yong
Women's FeatherweightNorma Dumontvs.Chelsea Chandler
LightweightTerrance McKinneyvs.Nazim Sadykhov

Do not care about the main event. I do not even know 1/2 of these folks. not saying there will not be good fight but I will probably skip.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, this to me is a very weak card, but hopefully i'm surprised with it. Bueno-Silva doesn't have a very good record, I think Holm is going to run over her. I seen them face-off at the weigh-ins, and Holm is bigger than her, so I think, although she fights for points, it will play to her advantage. I guess she showed more toughness in her last fight with the GnP game and activity...hopefully it continues with this fight as well. She's not exactly getting yuounger either. lol.

I don't even know who this Bassil Hafez guy is???? He signed on to fight with a week's notice against JDM. He's either very confident or just wanting a paycheck. I'm going with JDM as he's been training for an actual fight for months now. The rest...have no clue.

Dana White mentioned 2 fights on the undercard to watch for.....which doesn't say much about the main card, lol. I forgot their names off the top of my head at this point.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Women's BantamweightMayra Bueno Silvadef.Holly HolmSubmission (ninja choke)20:38
WelterweightJack Della Maddalenadef.Bassil HafezDecision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
LightweightFrancisco Pradodef.Ottman AzaitarTKO (punches)14:05
MiddleweightPark Jun-yongdef.Albert DuraevSubmission (rear-naked choke)24:45
Women's FeatherweightNorma Dumontdef.Chelsea ChandlerDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)35:00
LightweightNazim Sadykhovdef.Terrance McKinneySubmission (rear-naked choke)21:07
  • Fight of the Night: Jack Della Maddalena vs. Bassil Hafez
  • Performance of the Night: Mayra Bueno Silva and Francisco Prado
I watched the undercard. Evan Elder vs Genaro Valdez was the best fight I saw and it was good.

So MBS beat Holm. I think Holm is done, her heyday was when she beat Rousey who seemed unstoppable.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, Holm's end is definitely near. MBS was in control of the fight, for the most part. Holm got caught in that standing ninja choke and had to tap. I'm not sure what to think with her. If she still feels good, then I say at most, 1 more run, but damn, she is already 41, and she will have to start over with another run. That would mean at least 1-2+ years before she got a shot at a title, assuming she wins all her fights from here out. If MBS wins the title, then that at least would make Holm look somewhat better....I think, lol.

The JDM and Haffez fight was pretty damn good. It could have gone either way. Haffez won the first, JDM won the 3rd round, but the second was pretty even. I think JDM did enough for the win as he had more significant strikes before he was taken down for 2 minutes.....but Haffez was drained and basically just layed on him. If Haffez would have implemented some kind of GnP, even a little, he may have won that round as well. It was awesome though. I don't know if JDM was off or what, but he did not look like a top 5-10 fighter to me....in this fight. That said, Haffez brought it....he was brought up from a lower ranked fighting organization to fill in, and it was like he had nothing to lose if he lost, while JDM had everything to lose. I think his power and unpredictability caught JDM by surprise. I don't know how much Haffez had been training prior to this fight, but with just a week's notice to come into the UFC against a ranked opponent was pretty inspiring. Maybe he did enough to get a UFC contract. I'm glad he was able to get a fight bonus!

Prado vs Azaitar was one of the 2 fights that Dana White had stated to watch. Prado is one to watch for the future. He is a 21-year-old kid, and with more time and experience, he may be part of the future in the UFC.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
***As a side note, and it's probably just me, but I am getting sick of all the overdramatic female Brazilian fighters. It's kind of a turn-off for me and I just roll my eyes when they speak. Not taking away from their fighting (and their asses, lol), but they are annoying as hell to me every time they open their mouths. Not just last night, but for a good while now. Not all of them of course.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
***As a side note, and it's probably just me, but I am getting sick of all the overdramatic female Brazilian fighters. It's kind of a turn-off for me and I just roll my eyes when they speak. Not taking away from their fighting (and their asses, lol), but they are annoying as hell to me every time they open their mouths. Not just last night, but for a good while now. Not all of them of course.
Me and my son make fun of them for that. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks it.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
How did I not know there were fights last weekend....

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Me and my son make fun of them for that. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks it.
Yea, I have wanted to post it for a while now, but I didn't know how to word it correctly to not sound like a dick, lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic