jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
FeatherweightJosh Emmettvs.Ilia Topuria
Women's FlyweightAmanda Ribasvs.Maycee Barber
MiddleweightCody Brundagevs.Sedriques Dumas
FeatherweightDavid Onamavs.Gabriel Santos
MiddleweightBrendan Allenvs.Bruno Silva

Emmet vs Topuria is a great fight. This is my pick for FOTN. Josh is a grinder with heavy hands and Ilia is good everywhere and has several KOs and a sub in his last wins.
Ribas vs Barber This will go to decision. Maycee has won her last 4 in a row and Ribas is 50% in her last 4.
Brundage vs Dumas. This fight has no implications in the division but should be great. Brundage, in his last 4 has won and loss by a TKO and won and lost by a sub. Dumas is explosive and dynamic but is still working up and how he does vs a gatekeeper will determine his career.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, the only 2 fights that interest me here are the main fight, which is a kickass match-up, and maybe the Allen/Silva fight. Both guys are pretty good. I think the fight this past weekend with Silva, I actually had confused with this Bruno Silva, at least initially. I guess i'll take Barber over Ribas, but I really have no desire to watch it, though i've seen worse fights I guess, lol.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yea, the only 2 fights that interest me here are the main fight, which is a kickass match-up, and maybe the Allen/Silva fight. Both guys are pretty good. I think the fight this past weekend with Silva, I actually had confused with this Bruno Silva, at least initially. I guess i'll take Barber over Ribas, but I really have no desire to watch it, though i've seen worse fights I guess, lol.
I agree with you. Will still watch if I am home.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I agree with you. Will still watch if I am home.
When Topuria fought Bryce Mitchell back in Dec 2022, he made Bryce look like a complete amateur. He beat his ass bad. I think it messed with Bryce's head, as he's not fought since, and has pulled out of a few fights that were rumored for him to be in. Bryce said he had the flu right before the night prior or something, but he looked completely fine, lol.

I can't wait for this fight, just to see where both match-up at! <----Topuria and Emett.

Topuria is one of the cockiest fighters i've seen in a long while, but he's dominated everybody he's fought and backed it up. It will be interesting as he progresses thru the top 10....assuming he wins this fight, which he may or may not.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
When Topuria fought Bryce Mitchell back in Dec 2022, he made Bryce look like a complete amateur. He beat his ass bad. I think it messed with Bryce's head, as he's not fought since, and has pulled out of a few fights that were rumored for him to be in. Bryce said he had the flu right before the night prior or something, but he looked completely fine, lol.

I can't wait for this fight, just to see where both match-up at! <----Topuria and Emett.

Topuria is one of the cockiest fighters i've seen in a long while, but he's dominated everybody he's fought and backed it up. It will be interesting as he progresses thru the top 10....assuming he wins this fight, which he may or may not.
Yeah i he is a beast. Emmett is tough and a step up from his former competition. One touch from Emmett is lights out. Should be a good one

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Another card where the preliminaries will probably end up being better than the mains. Emmett/Topuria has potential to be good . We'll see...
I won't be watching the boring chick fight...LOL...

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
This will be my first time at a UFC event. MMA is one of the few things my son and I have in common and he bought us tickets as a father's day gift. I'm overly excited and he hit me in the feels with this one. He just graduated highschool and has been working his ass off in a tire shop all year then spends his money on me like this. I can't wait

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This will be my first time at a UFC event. MMA is one of the few things my son and I have in common and he bought us tickets as a father's day gift. I'm overly excited and he hit me in the feels with this one. He just graduated highschool and has been working his ass off in a tire shop all year then spends his money on me like this. I can't wait
Damn that is a sweet deal, and an even more awesome son you have!!! Those tickets couldn't have been cheap:eek:

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Another card where the preliminaries will probably end up being better than the mains. Emmett/Topuria has potential to be good . We'll see...
I won't be watching the boring chick fight...LOL...
Dana White said to watch out for the Onama/Santos fight as one to watch for. That is good news for the main card. Neither fighter has a wiki link, so I didn't know anything about them. I guess Onama has 100% finish rate and Santos has 70%....

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Dana White said to watch out for the Onama/Santos fight as one to watch for. That is good news for the main card. Neither fighter has a wiki link, so I didn't know anything about them. I guess Onama has 100% finish rate and Santos has 70%....
I don't know about the Onama/Santos fight, but I'd pay big money to watch an Obama/DeSantis fight...LOL...

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Thanks BMJ!

Ogre, that is awesome! My son and I both like MMA as well. He grew up doing BJJ, boxing and Muay Thai along with me but quit all that when he found girls.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic