Latest Member
jacobss

UFC 300 04/13

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Light HeavyweightAlex Pereira (c)def.Jamahal HillKO (punches)13:14
Women's StrawweightZhang Weili (c)def.Yan XiaonanDecision (unanimous) (49–45, 49–45, 49–45)55:00
LightweightMax Hollowaydef.Justin Gaethje (c)KO (punch)54:59
LightweightArman Tsarukyandef.Charles OliveiraDecision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
MiddleweightBo Nickaldef.Cody BrundageSubmission (rear-naked choke)23:38
Light HeavyweightJiří Procházkadef.Aleksandar RakićTKO (punches)23:17
FeatherweightAljamain Sterlingdef.Calvin KattarDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)35:00
Women's BantamweightKayla Harrisondef.Holly HolmSubmission (rear-naked choke)21:47
FeatherweightDiego Lopesdef.Sodiq YusuffTKO (punches)11:29
LightweightRenato Moicanodef.Jalin TurnerTKO (punches)24:11
Women's StrawweightJéssica Andradedef.Marina RodriguezDecision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
LightweightBobby Greendef.Jim MillerDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–25, 29–26)35:00
BantamweightDeiveson Figueiredodef.Cody GarbrandtSubmission (rear-naked choke)24:02

Bonuses:
  • Fight of the Night: Max Holloway vs. Justin Gaethje
  • Performance of the Night: Max Holloway and Jiří Procházka
What a night boys, I watched from start to finish.

Figgy looked strong against Cody who had his best fight in his last outing.
Green looked outstanding with the super tough Jim Miller who was badly beaten up
Andrade did what she does vs Rodriguez in a close fight.
Money Moicano may not have the best striking but damn his grappling is out of this world. GNP win over Turner

I am high on Lopes, I told you this dude is a monster. Super Sodiq never even got his offense going.
Kayla showed she is a legit Judo practitioner. I do not think Holly even landed a punch, hell she might not have thrown one. Holly had a bad game plan.
Aljo vs Kattar. Aljo is not a fan fav because he is a control fighter. If he cannot get the choke he gets a decision. Kattar is pretty much a boxer. Easy fight for Aljo but worst on the card for fans.
Jiri vs Rakic was INSANE! Yeah Jiri got a $300K bonus. He was getting his ass kicked (or in reality his legs) He lost 1 quite soundly. Rakic was looking like he was gonna cruise to a win. But NOOOOO! Jiri is a beast and walked Rakic down and got the TKO win in a helluva comeback. Hey he might not be a Samurai but dammit he is as close as you can get nowdays!

Nickal vs Brundage it was a grappling affair as one would think. Brundage had his moments but Nickal is just too good of a wrestler with great back control and chokes.
Arman vs Oliviera this was razor close. Arman won on all that control time and good GnP. Oliviera had those two super close subs and some control of his own in 1 I think but he was reversed.
Max vs Justin what a fight. Justin is a SOOO tough and skilled. But Max is on a different level at this point. Max's chin holds up well. And those last few seconds where the guys stood and banged was NUTS. For Max to put a fight he had in the bag on the line was crazy. Then to get a walk off KO with 1 second left!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah max got $600k, 2 bonuses. Justin one.
Zhang and Yan was a good fight. Is it just me or do these Chinese "women" look like dudes who had surgery? Anyway, respect to both as both fought with heart, skill and bravery. Yan is by far the better striker and Zhang the far better grappler. Zhang got that last pivotal round and won with that TD.
Alex vs Hill, man Alex is scary! Hill was out of his element and was no threat. I am sure hill was in shape but damn he looked loose. Alex knew he would win

All in all a great night of fights.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, I can't add anything as usual that Jipped just posted about! Man this UFC 300 event 100% lived up to it's hype. It was solid from top to bottom. As jipped mentioned, the 2 fights with the least action were Aljo and Nickal's fights. All other fights were straight money!

Kattar was not the same, plus he was out of his element with Aljo...just looked way off, whether it was him or by Aljo. No life it seemed.

Kayla Harrison absolutely DESTROYED Holly Holm. I don't even know if Holly even got 1 punch in the whole fight? She had the absolute dumbest fight plan, whether intentional or on the spot, to clench with Harrison, in the first round at that! Kayla straight took her down and GnP's her ass with hammers, elbows, and fists. Holly made it to the 2nd round all beat to hell. Kayla did the same in the 2nd and won. You could not have asked for a better fight for Kayla in her UFC debut. I see Amanda Nunes is trying to badmouth Kayla now....so if Kayla wins the belt, we could see Amanda come out of retirement for a huge PPV fight!

Jiri was getting his ass kicked the whole first round, but at some point in the 2nd, he took control and put more pressure on Rakic and won in a fun manner. Great fight.

Tsarukyan and Oliveira was a war! Super close fight that I wish was 5 rounds. Both guys are phenomenal. I can't wait to see Arman fight for the title next after Poirier and Makhacvhev throw down this summer in 2 months.

The Weili/Yan fight was the weirdest fight ever, lol. Yan was choked-out cold at the end of the 1st round, but the ref missed it, and she was able to get up to her feet totally out of it, lol. The corner cut-man stuck his finger in her nostril to get more oxygen into her. She came out the 2nd round looking good, but by the end, Weili almost choked her out again, and then went scorch-earth throwing GnP on her. Yan survived, and Weili was gassed-out, at least her arms were gone like spaghetti. Yan I think won the 3rd, but she could not stop Weili's takedowns in the 4th and 5th. Yan's ground is subpar, but she is great on the feet. If she can get her ground game iup, she could be a force.

Pereira destroyed Hill in the first round. It was 1-sided pretty much. Pereira wants to go up to heavyweight and fight in Brazil in 1 month!!! They are talking about him vs. Aspinall for that card!!!

I'm making a whole separate post for the Holloway/Gaethje fight!!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Guys, probably the greatest fight i've seen in the UFC, top-3 to 5 for sure, was the Gaethje/Holloway fight. It lived up to what a BMF fight should be all about. Max had already won rounds 1, 2, 3, and 5 by the end of the fight. He broke Gaethje's nose early in the fight, 1st or 2nd round. Max is a BEAST! He was already a great fighter, but the added size and strength to go along with his skill has put him on a different level. His punches looked like they actually hurt with each punch, rather than some of his older fights where he would win by activity and peppering you all fight. He looks phenomenal at this weight. He literally was winning the fight, as Jipped stated above, and the last 10-15 seconds he put it all on the line by directing and pointing to the center of the Octagon for Gaethje and him to go all scorched-earth throwing bombs. He could have lost everything, but did that and it is by far the baddest thing i've seen in a fight, HUGE BALLS!

Jipped, pinchsn and myself were all texting back and forth and we went nuts at the end of the fight, as did everybody watching on TV, the streams, and announcers. It was so effin' electrifying.

Gaethje had everything to lose.....and lose he did. He got a 300K bonus, but he lost the title fight against Makhachev. During the post-fight interviews, Dana White announced that Poirier will now fight Islam in June. Gaethje lost big time. After those 2 fight in June, Arman will fight the winner later in the year....or so it is being slated at this time. This also effected Oliveira as well since he lost. Not sure what will happen with he and Gaethje now, but hopefully they keep their heads up and keep going.

Guys, watch this clip below. If yuou missed the event, here is the last 10 seconds of the fight where Max and Justin squared-off with each other, it was so badass. max actually pointed for them to square-off twice, and this shows the 2nd time he did it...then watch the crowd and everybody going NUTS!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
BTW...I was so excited to see Mark Coleman wrap the belt around the winner, that I actually missed him doing it!, LOL

I didn't realize it until today when I rewatched these clips. So fitting:cool:

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Props to all the fighters like Max, Justin, Jiri, Rakic, ect who went to war and made this night so good.

Justin may have lost but he is a true warrior, to fight with a broken nose SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and to keep trying to win. CRAZY!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 5 members watching this topic

, , , ,