Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Trying to help the GF's kid lose weight, help if ya got it.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
His mom wants him to perform the cardio to get his fat down. !

First off.....attack the problem from the source. His intake. Exercise is great for general health, but it is a TERRIBLE weight loss tool. It is MUCH easier to eat a simple deficit, and lose the weight.

If the kid does not like exercise, stop the hour a day crap. That is silly. Have him do 20 min, 3 times / week just for general health. If he wants to do more....great! But I dont know many kids that would be excited about 5am cardio.

Instead focus on good balanced eating. At least then the kid is equipped the rest of his life on knowing how to eat properly. Exercising to lose weight, without a controlled intake has in many cases been shown counter productive. (it actually stimulates the appetite).

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I'd suggest a counselor. Even though he's putting a smile on when y'all are around I'd bet he isn't happy with himself aesthetically... If he was he wouldn't mention any discomfort. I know how it is to be a teenager and feel inadequate physically, and the ups and downs of exercise, starvation and binging becomes a sad, lonely cycle.

Maybe before counseling try finding someone (celebrity, athlete, trainer, sex symbol) through YouTube that was overweight but became healthy and successful and have him see there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope it all works out for you and him.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Hydroxy cut and HerbaLife.

Look it all boils down to if he wants it bad enough. People over analyze the reason why he wants to or should lose weight, fukk reasoning. If he wants to he will, if he dont he wont... that simple. Million ways to skin a cat. All you can do is lead by example, and when he is ready to commit to the process, then hopefully he comes to you and thats when you start kicking ass!!

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Propz to you, OP, for caring. That kid is lucky he's got you around. Much respect.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
We sat down last night and had a long talk. I had given him a few books for Christmas when he was really into working out. I have one problem in our plan, he won't pack a lunch, its not cool. Instead he is going to use a "prepacked" lunch from the school, a salad which has like 2 ounces of ham and nothing else. He wants to weigh 180 by November. I told him I might be able to get him to 190, but he would need to lose 37 pounds to get to 180 which, while possible, he won't do. I think i might challenge him to a competition to lose weight. The scale i bought does body fat as well so I might try and get to see if he will accept something along lose a % or something. I told him he can weigh 217 and lose body fat % numbers, as long as the BF numbers change that is all that matters!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic