Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

triceps training tip Ben Pakulski

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Cable curls behind head, for bis or tris? Trying to picture in my mind how its done lol

Another way to do it would to kneel on the floor. set the pulley as high as it goes. Point your elbow up at the pulley. Like you were doing a behind the head tricep extension. Just curl the weight downward behind your head.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Good tips.i like Ben not the most genetically gifted bb but has busted his butt building a solid physic.if he could get his upper body to match his legs will be one tough guy to beat in the local shows.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing raiden. That's a good point. Gonna try this out soon. When I learned the strength curve, i had a lot of trouble understanding it. Maybe it was the way the textbook taught it, but it was tough for me to comprehend.

M

Michkid1

Apr 27, 2014
Good info. I will incorporate this into my workouts.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Tried these yesterday. Although I dont 'bodybuild' specifically, I do throw in accessory movements to my larger compounds. These were really nice. You can notice the shift in peak contraction and loading as you go through the entire exercise.

I liked it. Thanks!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Tried these yesterday. Although I dont 'bodybuild' specifically, I do throw in accessory movements to my larger compounds. These were really nice. You can notice the shift in peak contraction and loading as you go through the entire exercise.

I liked it. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback Mac. That's good to hear. I'll be tossin em in next session tris are trained.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I tried this for a warm up for my press day and it helped get plenty of blood flow through the elbow and prepare it for my presses. I used a band instead of cables.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
I have always enjoyed Ben's training videos…

M

Michkid1

Apr 27, 2014
I used these today as well. I did a leg workout and superset them with the arm exercises. I like it a lot, arms are feeling good right now.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Guys try this. Find 2 rope attachments like the ones you would normally do rope pushdowns with. Slide the hook all the way to the end of each rope and then hook it yo the cable so you have 2 long ropes coming off the cable. Now do these Ben style push downs with both arms at a time. Try to get your elbows as far behind you as possible.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic