Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Training: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Today is the day of first shift .. Naturally I woke up at 4:45am bright eyed haha
So I got my day started by reading & coffee, then made my first meal:
.5 c oats
2 tbsp light syrup
2 eggs/1 white
Peppers, onions & spinach

Then, headed to the gym for a mixed shoulder, biceps & some back workout:

3 sets each
-Land mine curl & press: bar x 10 reps each side
- Assisted Pull up (wide grip) 60 x 10
- DB curl 20's x 10 each side
-standing overhead press 30#EZ x 15
-standing upright row w/ cables 12.5 x 12
-Laterals with DB's 12.5 x 12
- cable reverse fly L3 x 12

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Postworkout was half a grapefruit & a Greek yogurt

Then, I had almonds and an apple as a snack

I just finished off my rice/xlean beef with onions and peppers with .25c plain Greek yogurt and about to devour a cup of Normandy blend veggies.. Nom nom..
Cheers to the rest of your wknd!!

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Don't you just hate when you start a blog and you forget that you started a blog? Haha
I ended with Saturdays training. On Sunday, my girlfriend and I ran 2 miles and walked & stretched. Monday was a total rest day. Yesterday I had a 1.5 mile run and legs.
I did mini-superset circuits with 3 sets of each before moving to the next circuit:

Leg Press 4 plates (2each side) for 10-12 with 10 box jumps

20# walking pulsed barbell lunges x 24
With standing alternating lunges x 24

Weighted Step Ups w/ 12.5# DBs x 24, Glute (vertical leg) press 2 45's x 15, pop squats x 10

Killer day.. I love leg day!

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
The 8th was chest and back:
Good Mornings 60# x 12 x 3
DB Chest Press 30's x 12 x 3

Cable Fly 2 sets high, 2 low: 50 x 12
Reverse Grip Bent over Row 30# x 15 x 3

Lat pull with cables on stability ball 80 x 12 x 3

Chest Dips x 10 x 3

Cable Reverse Fly 30 x 12 x 3
Push ups 10 x 3

Yesterday we had a full staff meeting after work, so I didn't even get to leave until almost 12:30, so it was deemed my second rest day.

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Well as life would have it, I woke up Friday morning with the flu. I still tried to go to work, but at a half day was sent home. It was absolutely the worst feeling. I don't typically like to take medicine, but I was gladly taking it! I was down for the count until yesterday evening. I am not 100% yet, but working towards it. I guess I ended up getting a break much sooner than I thought.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Ahh the dreaded flu.
Rest up there will be plenty of time to get back to training.
Hope ya feel better :)

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Ahh the dreaded flu.
Rest up there will be plenty of time to get back to training.
Hope ya feel better :)

Well I think I'm well on my way & no fever, but still not 100%. I got a reality check when I was showing a client new exercises & felt overly winded haha

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Sooo I taught an Abs & Tabata class this morning. I was hoping this would be my big debut back into my fitness life (normal life). I did good during abs class-- although my core was on fire, I felt pretty good. THEN, Tabata came next. After the first round, I felt weak.. after the second round I felt a little light headed and by the third round I was doing the minimal modification for each exercise just to stay afloat. Needless to say, I was not ready for activity that intense. I will try again in a few days. It is so frustrating to not work on the fitness goals I've worked so hard to plan. I have been doing mad work with my diet though. Even though I haven't been able to do work in the gym, I have still been doing work in the kitchen. Most people do not enjoy meal planning, but it's one of my favorite things to do. I would say it is a border-line hobby haha (how lame). I have also been catching up on reading since I have a few extra hours a day, so that's been kind of nice. Cheers to those that "Friday" matters to, personally I have to be back at work tomorrow!

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Well I survived the Super Bowl!! What a stupid game though. I feel like Broncos players played worse than most high school teams. I guess what makes it so bad is that OBVIOUSLY they are a much better team than that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Sea Hawks won, but I just wish it would have been a better show to the win. Anyways, My nutrition has been pretty on point lately. With that in mind, I decided to rage on food at my girlfriends Super Bowl party. The way I see it, I planned it and I am okay with it. Today of course I feel like shit, but I also knew that was coming. My training is going good too. I've been keeping a 4 day running , 3-4 day strength, and at least 2 days if cardio split. Yesterday morning my girlfriend and I got up before day light to run. It was cold, rainy and dark, but somehow we made it 4 miles!

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
So it looks like your back on track. Are you tracking your progress with pictures? You might want to take pics of yourself because it's hard to see changes as you look at yourself everyday. You don't have to post them here if you don't want but it will be good for you to see the difference as your body changes.

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
So it looks like your back on track. Are you tracking your progress with pictures? You might want to take pics of yourself because it's hard to see changes as you look at yourself everyday. You don't have to post them here if you don't want but it will be good for you to see the difference as your body changes.

Thanks for the input! I did some circumference measurements and weight, but that's it. I def. need to take pictures though. I haven't done progress pics since my show. I think for a while I was too hard on myself about that kind of stuff. BUT, by the end of this week, I'm going to have to do it. Haha

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Sooo I taught an Abs & Tabata class this morning.

I did tabata back squats @ 135lbs the other day...wow. Got up to 80. I basically shot for 10 each round
but one I only got 9 so on the last round I did 11. Very similar to DC style rest paused training,
just lighter weight and higher reps. It was most excellent.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic