Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Too young for steriods

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
=====================================================================================Please oh please look for that kido next time your in that gym and tell him one VERY IMPORTANT FACT, using any AAS is associated with premature growth plate closure and no FIFTEEN year old has closed growth plates. Bottom line tell him they should "never" be used before the age of 17-18 years, because they can STUNT VERTICAL GROWTH!!!(My bias is to delay the use of AAS until age 27 when TT begins it's decline in many males) I'm with you yet I must also give you fellas credit on TID, because the majority of mates here (especially vets) won't hesitate to tell some child they are to damn young!Incidentally I've heard many excuses for providing advice to those who should not be using AAS, but the most frequent is "well they are going to use it anyway so heck I tell them the "right way", WRONG! We are contributing to their delinquency by providing such advice and I would suggest only offering and focusing on AAS options such as working out correctly, eating right, protein supplements etc. You guys are the pro's in this field and the notion the only option is the worst option, belittles your fund of knowledge and expertise. Never underestimate the influence a VET can have on these chaps it's quite remarkable really. Great post BARespectsJim
Agreed... AAS is proven to contribute to growth plate closure.. so tell them to use GH if they feel they absolutely MUST use... they will get MUCH more from GH at that age than AAS... that is IF you cannot convince them not to run AAS... first help them avoid using until the know how to make gains the right way... I just had a discussion with a 35 y/o who felt that he was ready for the sauce and had only been working out for 2 months... that is 2 MONTHS EVER!!!

K

killatrav

May 16, 2013
A bunch of young kids at my gym also, but I just try to be honest and tell them everything to my knowledge since they ask me (bc im youngish too) But at the end of the day a 17 year old punk kid is going to do what he wants to do.

British Animal

British Animal

Jul 15, 2014
I know brother, thinking back to when I started thank god I had people around me that knew the facts, as you said all we can do is give advice and hope they listen, I just don't think they understand the commitment need for bodybuilding, they just see it as a fad, not knowing the cost and sacrifices we make every single day, well I suppose thats why only 0.45 percent of the planet do what we do

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
I just posted in a thread about bostin loyd the other day, guy is promoting and helping 16 yr olds with there gear cycles. Im shocked someone would be that much of an ass

British Animal

British Animal

Jul 15, 2014
Unbelievable does this fooking guy know how he is potentially ruining there lives

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
Yes, he plain just doesn't give a shit.

^^^ This. He specifically said since he was fine starting at 16 its no problem for others starting that young. A few additional points to keep in mind is he charges these people for this "help / advice" and states he uses 13-20 grams of different compounds (per week) during contest prep, not counting syntherol usage. Oh by the way - he's also now selling his own home made syntherol

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
^^^ This. He specifically said since he was fine starting at 16 its no problem for others starting that young. A few additional points to keep in mind is he charges these people for this "help / advice" and states he uses 13-20 grams of different compounds (per week) during contest prep, not counting syntherol usage. Oh by the way - he's also now selling his own home made syntherol

Perhaps his tune will change when he begins that life long foray into TRT
:)

J

J4CKT

Dec 17, 2011
Oh by the way - he's also now selling his own home made syntherol

Wonder how that will work out for him, looks like it was put together in the kitchen
and label printed off from his computer. Wonder how many will be stupid enough to
trust that product.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I hate having to write another post about how "society is growing more ridiculous" it makes me sound old and cynical--which I am neither. But nobody waits for anything today. Want to go somewhere? Get in the car and drive--your phones gps will get you there. Want food? McDonalds. Want info on "6 packs"--google it and watch tren pop up. We are a society that waits for nothing and everyone is as smart as google can make you. I don't even know very many people that still watch a regularly scheduled TV program. They catch it in a marathon when it's "on demand."

You see the same thing all across the board. Even in my PLing gym, guys always expect to get stronger every second of every day. Plateaus help solidify strength and allow for your infrastructure to adapt to new loading...but tren and anadrol can push you beyond that plateau when used liberally enough. Injury ensues. Then the whys start.

Kids using roids epitomize the problem, but when "no" is not an option based on the designs of society, they will always be the ubiquitous example of the problem. They no more care about their linear growth, cardiovascular system, sexual disfunction, or hairline than anything else that stands in the way of what they want here and now.

The unfortunate statistic that I've encountered is that I have only been able to chase one kid away from the juice and I did it by appealing to his sense of pride...because self preservation fell on deaf ears. Appealing to their sense of pride is essentially telling them that they don't posses the drive or genetic capacity to achieve what they want and that they aren't smart enough to figure out what it takes to be a real competitor.

Keeping kids off steroids is a self preservation thing for me. When kids take steroids, it becomes a "children are our future and they are all on steroids" argument that you could never hope to win, and become soapbox campaigns for politicians and objectives for law enforcement. Nobody gives a damn about a 34 year old PLer that juices to be competitive, but mothers of the world unite when one high school baseball player commits suicide because he had a "I want it all...right now" impulse control problem--which is why he most likely shot himself anyway--if I may be so crude. The very same impulse control problem that makes kids believe that "they are a special flower unlike any other" and have a bright future by Devine right--and ultimately pick up an ar-15 and tote it to school when they figure out its bullshit.

If today's kids are out future, join me in creating a time machine.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Lots of good posts here. I agree wholeheartedly about encouraging young people to take advantage of that wonderful natural anabolic window they have between ages 15-27. Learn how to train properly, how to eat properly, etc. I waited until I was 40, and was learning about AAS for about 2 years prior to starting. By that time I knew my body, and how to eat properly.

That Bostin Loyd dude is asking for trouble big time, being so open about his gear use. He's going to get some unwelcome attention someday, and he'll be crying then....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic