Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Tighten that Belt...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
ok no offense to anyone but I've seen like a dozen of these guys and they all look the same

Balding, slicked back the rest of the hair thats left.
Horrible goatee.
Lifting gloves (sorry they're gay to me).
Short Shorts, but the cloth type, no mesh or dry fit material.
Tank top that you'd have to peel or cut off.
the dirtiest cross training shoes that have to be at least 10 years old which they probably cut their grass in earlier.
socks that go above the ankle and are mismatched.
Belt with the most hideous muffin top spewing over their belt that I've ever seen.........as they're about to do some standing DB curls.

Don't forget the bber who feels the need to always wear a belt. I remember seeing them at commercial gyms and they could be working calf raises and they'd still wear a belt, lol.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Don't forget the bber who feels the need to always wear a belt. I remember seeing them at commercial gyms and they could be working calf raises and they'd still wear a belt, lol.

Oh ya....similar guy. The guy I mentioned wears his cloth belt all the time right out of the locker room

JOMO

JOMO

Jul 5, 2012
75% of my max on deads and pulls. Other than that its in my bag. 10mm forever lever.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I only use mine for my heavier sets and that's about it. On back or leg day I just carry it around with me at the gym. I hate belts. I try to do as much as possible with out using it. Once I'm don't with a set I take that bitch off so I can breathe.

A

amore169

Sep 8, 2012
I only use my belt when doing heavy lifts.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
On my 5-3-1... I use it for 3 and 1 days on deads, bench and squats. I wear mine during bench days because I tend to overextend my lower back when I bench so it just keeps me in place. I use a Spud belt for pulling and a conventional belt for everything else.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I will only use mine on Max Effort days for squats and that is only if it is 3 or 5RM's. I don't usually wear it for singles. A belt doesn't improve my 1RM. It just stops my back from wearing out and getting fatigued.

I don't like to wear it when i deadlift but have been trying to. It bites my love handles though :(

I will use it more frequently, along with knee wraps within 4 weeks of a meet just to remember how to work with the fabric.

I use wrist wraps when I bench over 275 for reps or over 300lbs for anything. Mostly because I'm a limp wrister.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
I never wear a belt. Ever. I used to when I competed in power lifting but I injured my back a few times and the only way I could effectively rehab it was to drop all of the support gear. My core is now strong enough ( I have not used a belt in 15 years) that I can do singles on squat and DL without falling apart. Admittedly it took a long time to get there but it is possible.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Interesting to see this thread brought back to life...

It'll be interesting to see how others answer the question I posed.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
I wear mine at about 75-80% of 1rm and above. For pulls and squats. I have used it if my lower back is very tired for assistance stuff but I've gotta be pretty beat up and well into a comp prep for that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic