Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Taking care of your kidneys, Cranberry but Baking soda? effective for CKD.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
A daily dose of sodium bicarbonate—baking soda, already used for baking, cleaning, acid indigestion, sunburn, and more—slows the decline of kidney function in some patients with advanced chronic kidney disease (CKD), reports an upcoming study in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN). "This cheap and simple strategy also improves patients' nutritional status, and has the potential of translating into significant economic, quality of life, and clinical outcome benefits," comments Magdi Yaqoob, MD (Royal London Hospital).

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...nts-with-advanced-chronic-kidney-disease.aspx

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I am wondering how beneficial taking sodium Bicarbonate *baking soda* would be to help protect the kidneys on cycles.

heavy long term Anabolic steroid use can scar the kidneys, leading to a condition called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.

Used for CKD I think it's a good idea to add with your cranberry.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Not possible for this guy... I under produce stomach acid and get terrible heartburn from it.

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
Ohh man this is great info right there, especially for us Tren lovers!!

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I drink a gallon of cranberry a week!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
Cranberry drinkers.. make sure you are getting cranberry juice that is not from concentrate. The only place I've been able to find it is Trader Joes and it taste like ass, but otherwise you are wasting your time.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Cranberry drinkers.. make sure you are getting cranberry juice that is not from concentrate. The only place I've been able to find it is Trader Joes and it taste like ass, but otherwise you are wasting your time.

agree, or the concentrate caps. Although the pure juice seems to work better than the caps/pills for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic