Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

T3question

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
Hey guys.im16weeks out from a show and at the present I'm running test prop,tren hex,winstrol and masteron.current stats 188lbs my lbm is 178. Had my b.f. Checked with calipers was told 11% im eating very clean!pretty much fish !greens!egg whites!turkey bacon!almonds!avocados!olive oil and fish oil?I need to get between 4and6%b.f.question is should I run t3also and if so how much and for how long.doing cardio 4 times a week 40min a session.looking for solid advice.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Lots of debate on the most effective way to run t3 but here's a pretty standard issue protocol. Start off with 25mcg a day for a couple of days. Slowly increase the dosage up to 100mcg in 2 weeks and run at 100mcg over a 4 - 4 1/2wk period, then taper the dose back down to 25mcg by the end of week 8. It can be done lots of ways, You can add Clen or albuterol to it too. Another decent fat burner is the ECA stack. 25mg ephedrine (bronkaide OTC), 200mg CAffeine (Jet alert OTC) and 82mg aspirin. this stack will help with energy while calorie depleted. Take in the morning and afternoon.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
If you pyramid T3, you're going to eat up alot of muscle you can't afford to lose at 188lbs. A good diet isn't going to get you onstage, it has to be on point. Utilize Clen and ECA while keeping protein high and try to keep BCAA or at least Leucine in your system. Personally I prefer T3 to increase protein synthesis during bulk, pyramiding the dose and trying to use it for fat loss does not work on my body it seems. I burn up way too much muscle even doing everything else right.

E

Eup

Mar 13, 2015
Ok not true you need to figure out your BMR of calories and make sure you space out your calories utilize whey protein and casein protein one scoop each whey breaks down in one hour casein whey 3 hours so you will not burn muscle of you feed it and then go no carbs as much as you can with out being exhausted this should help clean is a thermogenic so it increase burn as well me personally 3000 or less calories I loose weight 3600 calories or so I start to bulk or put on incremental weight so if your going to compete have to know your numbers or your spinning wheels

Side note studies show you can not utilize more than 9 grams of protein per hour so that's why you need to eat every 2 hours or so

Last edited:
I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
9 grams an hour? So your saying there's no need to take in more than 200-225 grams a day?

C'mon man

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
9 grams an hour? So your saying there's no need to take in more than 200-225 grams a day?

C'mon man
Also contradicts himself. Mix a scoop of whey (23 to 25 grams) with a scoop of casein. Because whey is fast digesting. But you only get 9 of the 23 to 25 grams... nevermind the casein.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Zero peer review research cited in an article on a .com.....hmmm I'll believe that is Broscience Eup!

E

Eup

Mar 13, 2015
Read the book has footnotes and scientific reviews it's a good read $10 better than half the bro science on here for training just saying obviously dudes got a make a living to buy his book and he's not peddling gear or some phony vitamin like Evo.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
240 grams of protein per is a truck load of protein for most guys less than 200 pounds, which is the vast majority of people. Some of us bigger guys can take in more, and obviously when taking gear your protein utilization is quite a bit higher so you've got that thrown in the equation.

For guys who struggle to build muscle and then to keep in while cutting, why throw T3 which is catabolic in the mix? Seems smarter to dial in the diet with slow, deliberate pull back of calories. I agree with keeping BCAAs high during the cut to help prevent loss of lean mass. That's one of the very few OTC supps that I think are worth purchasing.

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
http://www.muscleforlife.com/the-tr...often-you-should-eat-protein-to-build-muscle/

Here the info for you so yea that is correct

Also saying digestion rate is different that's why you mix it

That's why I say there's too much bro science around

Thus 10 grams a hours x 24 hours 240 grams.

We won't even start with absorbstion rates macro nutrients, metabolism. Thermogenics, ect there are many actions at work

I understand and absorbtion rates etc thats why you take in what you take in when you take it in.

However more ore protein than that can be digested especially in a body that's taking anabolics.

You continue to take in that small amount and you will stay small.

240 grams of protein per is a truck load of protein for most guys less than 200 pounds, which is the vast majority of people. Some of us bigger guys can take in more, and obviously when taking gear your protein utilization is quite a bit higher so you've got that thrown in the equation.

For guys who struggle to build muscle and then to keep in while cutting, why throw T3 which is catabolic in the mix? Seems smarter to dial in the diet with slow, deliberate pull back of calories. I agree with keeping BCAAs high during the cut to help prevent loss of lean mass. That's one of the very few OTC supps that I think are worth purchasing.

First I agree. These studies are done on "regular" people 150-175lbs. For them yes even 240 grams a day is a nice amount that would allow them to grow. For me 240grams will barely allow me to maintain.

About the bcaas. I also like them and do use them in my intra drink. However if your getting in enough whole food protein there's no real reason to supp with Bcaas

while dieting hard......which I don't do lol I can see supplemental bcaas being big.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic