Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

superdrol for women

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Glyco please explain this to me. If it is less androgenic than var how could it cause so much virilization? I am not retarded i promise . It just isnt adding up to me. I mean I realize even var when used in a high enough does will cause virilization . But I have never heard of men taking it and wanting to hump Bertha when she is unloading from the chair.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Glyco please explain this to me. If it is less androgenic than var how could it cause so much virilization? I am not retarded i promise . It just isnt adding up to me. I mean I realize even var when used in a high enough does will cause virilization . But I have never heard of men taking it and wanting to hump Bertha when she is unloading from the chair.
The anabolic to androgenic ratio is an old old way that these things were measures based on the growth of the levtor ani muscle and the prostate of the rat. The direct relationship to human anabolic and androgenicity effects are really not that strong. Look at Halotestin. It has a Anabolic/Androgenic ratio of 1,900/850. No way is it 19 times as anabolic as testosterone. These are really just rough indicators based on growth of 2 different tissues in a rodent.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
The anabolic to androgenic ratio is an old old way that these things were measures based on the growth of the levtor ani muscle and the prostate of the rat. The direct relationship to human anabolic and androgenicity effects are really not that strong. Look at Halotestin. It has a Anabolic/Androgenic ratio of 1,900/850. No way is it 19 times as anabolic as testosterone. These are really just rough indicators based on growth of 2 different tissues in a rodent.
Interesting Glyco. It's good to see someone know what they're talking about vs. pasting something without understanding it. Thanks.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I think Superdrol tends to fall under more of the moniker of "OTC prohormones", "Designer steroids", etc. The product will always say "not for use by women & boys under 18" because of the product liability associated w/ anything "hormone impact" outside of the traditional view of a "standard male hormone profile". To that end there isn't much out there about women using these products that are currently more readily available than controlled / prescription-based / illegal steroids. Of the stuff OTC, what I gather is that Epistane produces good results but is still mild enough and clears quickly enough that sides are minimal for women. Superdrol I really don't know much about.

I don't know how easy it is to draw parallels to things based on the anabolic/androgenic ratio as the values have not been acquired through the same controlled process. Aside from getting more user-based experience and bloodwork to build the knowledge base on this particular product, I guess I can't add more to the discussion.

On a side note, on the discussion of the anabolic / androgenic ratio, here's some of the info and subsequent caveats that were discussed on a thread I posted on another site a few years ago. I think the data has been compiled from various resources, not under the same conditions - so not sure how accurate, meaningful or comparable they are.

Compound:------------------------------Androgenic------Anabolic
1-Testosterone--------------------------100------200
Anabolicum Vister(Quinbolone)(oral Boldenone)--50------100
Anadrol 50(Oxymetholone)-------------45------320
Anadur(Nandrolone Hexyloxyphenylpropionate)--37-----125
Anatrofin(Stenbolone Acetate)---------107-144-----267-332
Anavar(Oxandrolone)-------------------24------322-630
Andractim(Dihydrotestosteron)--------30-260-----60-220
Andriol(Testosterone Undecanoate)----100------100
Androderm(Testosterone)---------------100------100
Androgel(Testosterone)------------------100------100
Boldabol(Boldenone Acetate)------------50------100
Cheque Drops(Mibolerone)--------------1,800------4,100
Danocrine(Danazol)----------------------37------125
Deca-Durabolin(Nandrolone Decanoate)--37------125
Deposterona(Testosterone Blend)-------100------100
Dianabol(Methandrostenolone)-----------40-60------90-210
Dimethyltrienolone------------------------10,000+-----10,000+
Dinandrol(Nandrolone Blend)------------37------125
Durabolin(NPP)----------------------------37------125
Dynabol(Nandrolone Cypionate)---------37------125
Equipoise(Boldenone Undecylenate)-----50------100
Esiclene(Formebolone)-------------------No Data Available
Genabol(Norbolethone)-------------------17------350
Halotestin(Fluoxymesterone)------------850------1,900
Hydroxytestosterone---------------------25------65
Laurabolin(Nandrolone Laurate)---------37------125
Madol(Desoxymethyltestosterone)------187------1,200
Masteron(Drostanolone Propionate)-----25-40------62-130
Megagrisevit-Mono(Clostebol Acetate)--25------46
MENT(Methylnortestosterone Acetate)-------650------2,300
Mestanolone--------------------------------78-254------107
Methandriol(Mythelandrostenediol)-------30-60------20-60
Methyl-1-Testosterone---------------------100-220------910-1,600
Methyldienolone----------------------------200-300------1,000
Methylhydroxynandrolone(MHN)----------281------1304
Methyltestosterone-------------------------94-130------115-150
Metribolone(Methyltrienolone)-------------6,000-7,000------12,000-30,000
Miotolan(Furazabol)-------------------------73-94------270-330
Myagen(Bolasterone)-----------------------300------575
Nilevar(Norethandrolone)------------------22-55------100-200
Omnadren(Testosterone Blend)-----------100------100
Orabolin(Ethylestrenol)--------------------20-400------200-400
Oral Turinabol------------------------------None------100+
Oranabol(Oxymesterone)------------------50------330
Orgasteron(Normethandrolone)-----------325-580------110-125
Parabolan(Tren Hexahydrobenzycarbonate)-500------500
Primobolan(Methenolone Acetate)----------44-57------88
Primobolan Depot(Methenolone Enanthate)-44-57------88
Prostanozol------------------------------------n/a------n/a
Protabol(Thiomesterone)--------------------61------456
Proviron(Mesterolone)-----------------------30-40------100-150
Sanabolicum(Nandrolone Cyclohexylpropionate)-37------125
Steranabol Ritardo(Oxabolone Cypionate)--20-60------50-90
Superdrol(Methyldrostanolone)-------------400------20
Sustanon 100 & 250--------------------------100------100
Synovex(Testosterone Propionate & Estradiol)-100------100
Test 400---------------------------------------100------100
Test Enanthate/Cypionate/Propionate/Susp & Blends-100------100
THG(Tetrahydrogestrinone)-------------------No Data Available
Tren Acetate/Enanthate & Blends------------500------500
Winstrol(Stanozolol)---------------------------30------320

Compound Androgenic Anabolic

Andriol(Testosterone Undecanoate)----100-----------100
Androderm(Testosterone)--------------100-------- -100
Androgel(Testosterone)-----------------100------- -100
Equipoise(Boldenone Undecylenate)-----50------100

This looks like a 'cheat sheet' short form of this:
Anadrol 50:
Androgenic: Anabolic Ratio: 45:320

Anavar:
Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range): 322-630:24

Androil:
Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range): 100:100

Andropen 275:
Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range):100:100

Deca-Durabolin:
Anabolic/Androgenic ratio: 125:37

Dianabol:
Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range): 90-210:40-60

Equipoise:
Anabolic/ Androgenic ratio: 100:50

Halotestin:
Anabolic/Androgenic ratio:1,900/850

Masteron:
Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio:62:25

NPP:
Androgenic/Anabolic ratio: 37:125

Omnadren:
Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio: 100:100

Oral Turnibol:
Anabolic/ Androgenic ratio: >100:>0

Parabolan (Tren):
Anabolic/Androgenic ratio: 500/500

Primobolan:
Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range): 88:44-57

Proviron:
Androgenic: Anabolic Ratio:30-40/100-150

Sustanon 250:
Anabolic/Androgenic ratio:100/100

Testosterone Cyp, Enanthate, Prop, Suspension
Anabolic/Androgenic ratio:100/100

Winstrol:
Androgenic/Anabolic Ratio:30:320

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Here is an awesome discussion by Bill Roberts about steroid esters and specifically goes into the anabolic / androgenic ratio around th e middle of the article: Anabolic Steroid Esters by Bill Roberts

Here's the particular sections that caught my eye:

How can the differences in anabolic/androgenic ratio be accounted for, and how significant are they?

Partition coefficient is key information for determining how a drug will be distributed in the body. The ratio of solubility between oil and water gives good relative predictions of the ratios of solubility between blood and target organs. Different target organs, for example the levator ani muscle vs. the prostate, may have different solubility properties. A more lipophilic drug (one with a high partition coefficient) would distribute much moreso into a more lipophilic target organ than into a less lipophilic one. It may then be the case that the longer chain esters partition more preferentially into muscle and less preferentially into the skin and prostate, but this is not demonstrated.

For this to be the case, it would be necessary for the esterified steroids to be distributed throughout the body after slow release from the oil depot injection site, rather than to have only free parent drug released from the injection site. This is an agreement with the findings of James et al.3 which demonstrate that the esters do indeed become distributed throughout the body after injection.

I don’t, however, expect that differences in distribution are the primary reason for observed differences in anabolic/androgenic ratio between different steroid esters. There is another possible explanation for differences in this ratio. In the same work referenced above concerning anabolic effect as a function of pharmacokinetics, van der Vies showed that if nandrolone is administrated with frequent dosage patterns designed to give the same trend of serum levels as seen with either phenylpropionate or decanoate, nandrolone itself gave the same anabolic/androgenic ratios as each of these esters of nandrolone.

What application does this information on anabolic/androgenic ratio have to female bodybuilding?

Since keeping androgen levels constant and moderate gives a higher anabolic/androgenic ratio than using the same total amount of drug per week but allowing levels to spike and then subside, female bodybuilders are better advised to use either long acting esters, or if short acting esters are used, to inject small doses frequently (twice per half-life). And for the same reason, a given amount of oral steroids per day is better taken in divided doses than in a single larger dose.

This is probably because tissues with sex-specific traits exhibit thresholds to effect of androgens. Below the threshold, nothing happens, but above it, cellular differentiation occurs. Thus, while female levels of androgens are about 10% that of a male's, 10 years of female levels of androgen will not grow as much beard or change the voice as much as one month of male levels. The threshold simply is not crossed at the lower levels, but is crossed at the higher levels.

Female bodybuilders will do better to avoid spikes in androgen level that cross this threshold. Therefore, consistent low doses are better than spiking with intermittent high doses, and advice to use 100 mg/week of testosterone propionate to avoid virilization simply makes no sense (and in practice, often fails.)

It should still be noted that some women will suffer virilization with almost any dose of anabolic steroid, regardless of dosing pattern.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Here is an awesome discussion by Bill Roberts about steroid esters and specifically goes into the anabolic / androgenic ratio around th e middle of the article: Anabolic Steroid Esters by Bill Roberts

Here's the particular sections that caught my eye:

How can the differences in anabolic/androgenic ratio be accounted for, and how significant are they?

Partition coefficient is key information for determining how a drug will be distributed in the body. The ratio of solubility between oil and water gives good relative predictions of the ratios of solubility between blood and target organs. Different target organs, for example the levator ani muscle vs. the prostate, may have different solubility properties. A more lipophilic drug (one with a high partition coefficient) would distribute much moreso into a more lipophilic target organ than into a less lipophilic one. It may then be the case that the longer chain esters partition more preferentially into muscle and less preferentially into the skin and prostate, but this is not demonstrated.

For this to be the case, it would be necessary for the esterified steroids to be distributed throughout the body after slow release from the oil depot injection site, rather than to have only free parent drug released from the injection site. This is an agreement with the findings of James et al.3 which demonstrate that the esters do indeed become distributed throughout the body after injection.

I don’t, however, expect that differences in distribution are the primary reason for observed differences in anabolic/androgenic ratio between different steroid esters. There is another possible explanation for differences in this ratio. In the same work referenced above concerning anabolic effect as a function of pharmacokinetics, van der Vies showed that if nandrolone is administrated with frequent dosage patterns designed to give the same trend of serum levels as seen with either phenylpropionate or decanoate, nandrolone itself gave the same anabolic/androgenic ratios as each of these esters of nandrolone.

What application does this information on anabolic/androgenic ratio have to female bodybuilding?

Since keeping androgen levels constant and moderate gives a higher anabolic/androgenic ratio than using the same total amount of drug per week but allowing levels to spike and then subside, female bodybuilders are better advised to use either long acting esters, or if short acting esters are used, to inject small doses frequently (twice per half-life). And for the same reason, a given amount of oral steroids per day is better taken in divided doses than in a single larger dose.

This is probably because tissues with sex-specific traits exhibit thresholds to effect of androgens. Below the threshold, nothing happens, but above it, cellular differentiation occurs. Thus, while female levels of androgens are about 10% that of a male's, 10 years of female levels of androgen will not grow as much beard or change the voice as much as one month of male levels. The threshold simply is not crossed at the lower levels, but is crossed at the higher levels.

Female bodybuilders will do better to avoid spikes in androgen level that cross this threshold. Therefore, consistent low doses are better than spiking with intermittent high doses, and advice to use 100 mg/week of testosterone propionate to avoid virilization simply makes no sense (and in practice, often fails.)

It should still be noted that some women will suffer virilization with almost any dose of anabolic steroid, regardless of dosing pattern.

Good post.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010

Shit kills my sex drive, crazy.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010

Yes that was a base and guideline to go by, biochemical individuality/pregenetic disposistion determins actual effects for each user as well.

That test though,
To determine the A/A ratio, scientists utilized a test called the Rat Levator Ani Assay. In this test, scientists use two groups of castrated rats. The rats are castrated to remove any interfering influence from fluctuating natural androgen levels. The first group of rats are a control group that receives a placebo, while the second group receives the steroid (either by injection or orally). After a period of time (several days to weeks) the rats are sacrificed. Researchers then isolate three organs from each of the rats – the seminal vesicles, ventral prostate, and levator ani muscle. These organs are all weighed and a comparison of the active group to the placebo groups is made. The differences in weights for the seminal vesicles and ventral prostate represent androgenic activity, while the difference in the weight of the levator ani muscles in the control and active group represent anabolic activity.

The exact PA for the rest of how it was performed.

Good stuff is right.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic